1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Are there too many cars in AC?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by WallyM, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Tom 00

Tom 00 Simracer

What a silly thread, too many cars? Really?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    BlackSeaDriver28 likes this.
  2. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

If the engine/physics model is findamental in the game, my understanding is, it will only need a minor tweaking for most cars.

So bring MOAR cars in da game, I say! McLaren F1 is A must! :)

I've driven every car in the game and it's all but natural to like some more then others.

Collin likes this.
  3. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

More RWD/super powered cars:rolleyes: Why?

4. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

No. There's NOT too many cars in game. It's just the ratio of tracks vs cars is off. Need more tracks.
    Never would I ever say there's too many cars in game. I still grandiose other cars being in this amazing simulation.
    I also Grandiose a laser scanned Tsukuba, and there are tons of talented track modders out there that can lend a hand.

Trezoitao38 likes this.
  5. Rudski

Rudski Alien

I think a lot of people only read the "no more cars" bit and replied with their thoughts without either reading or understanding what Wally said.

The question really is do we want slower updates to AC but ensure all cars are equal and at the same point in development or do we want to see faster patch releases understanding that some cars will not have the new features implemented.
    Ultimately it's a question only the devs will answer and from past patches we know they would rather have some cars with new features then wait for all the cars to be the same A good example was the patch where cars had V5 and V7 tyres.

There are right now 112 cars a "minor tweak for most cars" requires I bet a fair bit of work.
    Add in a "major tweak" as you say and you have one very busy individual. Take for example the tyre models where we had cars on V5 and V7 at one point or the brake temps or the physics there are lots of cars at different stages of development. In a perfect world you would have all the cars at the same level of development but we often can't have that because I assume it's impossible to keep up.

A league might decided it's unfair to have cars on different versions so that might then limit the cars they race with because some prefer them all to be at the same level of development.

Would you run a league race knowing that one car has brake temps and the other doesn't? Probably not so that then splits the choice of cars you can race with.

6. Racing_34

Racing_34 Simracer

now it's correct ;)

(wrong wheel drive)

Collin and Shaun Clarke like this.
  7. If the number of cars in a racing game is more important to someone than the accuracy of the physics model, then Assetto Corsa is not for them.

8. Exactly this. Very few posters actually read or understood the point of the post. IMO there are more than enough cars and if it means uneven or lagged updates, then forget adding cars, I'd rather have enhancements. To all those that scream for more cars, how many are you ACTUALLY driving regularly? I would bet no more than 5-8. Where are all the servers at for F40's, BMW 1M, Pagani, Miura, etc. Hardly anyone is using even 10% of the cars.

sacredaardvark likes this.
  9. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Yeah, I stop reading threads after the first few posts. People don't even read the OP, only the thread title.

Minolin and sacredaardvark like this.
  10. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

Because ... THE CAR!
    -----------------------------------------
    I red the OP, all posts and so forth.
    So what?
    Faster updates or more cars?
    I say both.
    What is wrong with people willing to have BOTH more cars and faster upgrades?

Or OP is saying ... he/she KNOWS that ... for REAL ... that there is an issue?

So are we looking for some kind of excuse or we are just talking? :)

If an update is postponed ... it's not the end of the world, as long as we have the valid reasons.
    I'll gladly wait for a bit for even more decent optimization, even more better physics ... on ALL cars, new and old.
    Test physics on some cars is 1 thing.
    Having 30% cars on 1 version of tires and 70% on another was not great.

If we have feedback what is going on and what will be the direction, though I don't see an issue, even if something will take more time. :)

11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

But do you think if they werent adding content that generates more value they would spend time developing the game further. The only reason development continues is because it goes hand in hand with new content updates so stop adding cars and you stop the updates too as they wouldnt be worth their time doing it for nothing.

12. Rudski

Rudski Alien

@ Marty

That's a good point and having new content trumps everything else I guess, having to wait a while for everything to be equal I don't think is a bad trade off. I haven't raced with XGN in a while but did you guys exclude cars because of differences such as tyres or other stuff?

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

We always pick cars that are fairly competitive and have never came across cars on different builds and at times updates happen mid season so not much you can do if that happens.

Its only really street cars that have at times been on varied tyre versions as Kunos generally update all in the same classes together. I think in the gt86 season the tyre model changed in that quite a bit during the season or just before but it was a single car season so it had no real effect.

14. Skybird

Skybird Alien

There are far more cars already than I can frequently drive. Because my day has only so and so much time, and not more. You have your favourites you always come back to, you have others that you never touch again because you do not like their characteristics. Choice is good, and most players probably have enough neurons to aid them in the choosing process of what they like and what not.

What looses me completely is the collector's attitude, however. Getting more and more just for the sake of having more.

So, no, for me always more is not always better or essential. More default quality tracks made by Kunos is my preference. I will buy future car packs, to support them, but an urgent craving for any other car pack I feel not. Give me quality tracks that look nice and drive well instead!

15. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

Nice opinion and good point about the collector attitude. Haha.
    And I understand why you wrote that.

When the Japan pack came up I was not in the mood to test new cars. Actually I felt like obliged to test them ... just to tick them in my book and see how they compare to my favorites.

But then again, if this pack was not released ... how can you find about the Toyota AE86 Tuned or the Mazda RX-7 Tuned which are vary fun to drive to me. In game. I know they exist for real ... of course. Haha.

So ... as I said ... I would like both content and tweaks. :p

16. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

More cars = recurrent income = recurrent new features.
    No cars = no income = end of AC evolution. Only AC2 would be possible but that would take another three years.

Edit: Judging by the car wish list thread, AC will have many new features.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    martcerv likes this.
  17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I always want more quality cars to drive & battle. With future releases I am hopeful for more race cars. Low HP production cars just don't do it for me. V8SC is my number 1 wish. I do think AC lacks with the number of tracks provided. Lucky the community has lent a hand in this department although I still want more..

18. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

it's definitely harder to have simulation with 100 cars that are realistic, then if you have "only" 30 cars

19. Sli

Sli Racer

The only thing I know is there are not enough tracks.
    Good track selection is what really makes a racing game live.

The Moose likes this.
  20. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

Without a dev/official elaborating on this subject as an (non)issue I would say this is exactly how rumors get accepted as a reality generally. Half a year from now someone will open a thread asking for car X and several members will jump out of the woodwork saying "first of all read the forum rules, no wishlists and second we already have enough cars. Devs are super stressed at every update causing the world to implode, making simulation value drop" without any official confirmation.
    Until then, speculation value is through the roof.
    The scope of AC grew a great deal. So did the team and there is room for more. They are in a completely different league now. 100ish cars will just not cut it on consoles and most newcommers who have gotten used to much more than AC number of cars. Yeah leagues will stick around a sim a lot longer than 90% of it's user base, but it's that 90% that keep developers in business in the first place.

These are the reasons I am inclined to say AC absolutely needs MOAR cars even if people drive 8 of em at any given time. Always fun to return to an old flame after having neglected her for a couple months.