1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

are you ready for forza ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShimonART, May 5, 2016.

1. Orne

Orne Alien

Lets be clear I wasn't putting down Forza. I was simply detailing my observations. With that said I think its a problem when a game touts itself as a sim when in reality its sim arcade or pure arcade. If I buy Forza Apex and love driving Brands Hatch then pick up Assetto Corsa several months later I will be in for a bit of a shock .

Now Horizon 3 seems like a more logical route to take (no pun intended, hehe) Open world driving and doesn't tout itself as simulator. I liked Forza Apex more when it was keyboard driving only, with a wheel it feels off. At the end of the day none this really matters its all an illusion.. hahaha :D:D:D:p:p:p;) /infinite shrugs/

2. D1visor

D1visor Alien

1. You can unlock the framerate, limit it to 30 or 60. So don't state something as a fact if you don't know what you're talking about @Orne
    2. FFB sort of tells you something (mainly just load and traction less, not much else.
    3. Can't adjust seating position or fov or hide the in-car wheel (not surprised really)
    4. Not much to do in the game other than racing against ****ty AI and look at how besides night, working headlights and rain+wet tracks the game doesn't actually look better than AC, not really, it seems it's mostly to do with lighting and color palette.
    5. Dirty rally had potato wheel support too when it came out so I have a tiny bit of hope for this title. I mean, AC is so far ahead (except for weather really) that it's not even sensible or fair to compare the two.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  3. Apex is just a tech demo anyway.

4. D1visor

D1visor Alien

True.

5. Orne

Orne Alien

For all intensive purposes I thought it was fact until I found the setting buried and hidden in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Aliens. HAHAHA. All apologies. Turn 10 clearly didn't want folks mucking with the settings..I've already deleted it from my system.. Shame really. I thought it was decent when it was controller and keyboard driving only. I was eagerly awaiting wheel support. The sunlight and glare FXs are uncanny, beyond that not much to talk about.

For those who like it, have fun ! :):cool:

6. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Any sign of an FoV option yet? I'm fully aware of all the various pros and cons but expect I'm not alone thinking the current internal view is loads too wide.

7. DaveS78

DaveS78 Simracer

I was pleasantly surprised how Apex felt with a wheel (G27). I was expecting it to feel awful but instead it wasn't too bad; just need to mess with the center spring settings as it feels too strong with the default setting. Felt nice to finally play a Forza game with a wheel though, much easier to drive than fighting it with a pad. Regardless I'll probably still play Horizon 3 with the pad though.

8. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

Wait what , apex has wheel support? When did this happen ? Have to chive it another go if it's true.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

9. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Is there any way to use more than 180° of steering? Well, even if there is, I´ll still pass this one, just gave it a try, but it runs really slow, rattling on flat kerbs, no real steering options.

I recommended this one to my brother who has a more powerful PC and likes driving games in a way more casual way than I do. Might be quite good from that perspective and after all, it´s free to play.

10. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

yesterday

ShimonART likes this.
  11. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

Will have to download it again just to see if it's better with a wheel.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Nooooo, you changed your Avatar...
    ;):)

13. plaid

plaid Alien

I got a question. :)

Are the physics better or worse than Forza 3's?

BTW: How big are the grids on the PC, just 24 cars?

While I probably don't even try it, anyway. Forza is kinda like AC with worse physics and more content. The career and presentation (in the races at least) is equally dull and list of missing features in both cases big.

Yatzeck likes this.
  14. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

There is physics? :D

Yatzeck likes this.
  15. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Really wondering about multiple controllers support in Horizon 3. To sell such a bad simulation you need to add a lot of arcade. :)

16. D1visor

D1visor Alien

Right.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Afraid this is not going to happen. From official FAQ
    http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/t...Horizon-3---Game-Guide---FAQ.aspx#post_543817
    Essentially what we have in Apex, will translate to Horizon 3. :(

18. Orne

Orne Alien

hahaha.. someone else was using the old cat from the GPL/NASCAR Racing days.. so I changed. I extracted that image from a car file many moons ago. lol

19. Orne

Orne Alien

Oddball place for sure. I would have never guessed dynamic rendering was a drop down lolz

20. Theobris

Theobris Racer