1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

VR needs a separate Unreal Engine actually.

2. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

Personally I think that ACC is optimized very well (I play it at high setings at almost 10 years old PC with 50 FPS), so I rather would love to see some improvements in MP, features in Driver tab and of course new content. But we'll see what future and Kunos brings to us! :)

3. Sofa

Sofa Gamer

THE REASON FOR WEIRD DIVE BOMBING BY SOME DISCOVERED!

Well, maybe, but I think Kunos is at fault. ;) You see, I practically never race AI, don't like it, but recently I did, to try something graphical out. I noticed that you often can get on the inside of a car going to a corner coming from a mile away, and it often works with the AI, they just get out of the way. Very unrealistic, but ok, never mind, I suspect that drivers who practise with the AI, come to human races with this idea and think it will work on public servers as well, which it doesn't.

So there you have it. Kunos breeds bad driving. :)

After_Midnight likes this.
  4. Divebombing is not prohibited irl. Watch misano 2020...

5. While I fully agree with you you're very late to the party :p
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...with-racing-idiots.59176/page-12#post-1078894

AndyK70 likes this.
  6. Darmote

Darmote Gamer

It was discussed many times yet, but there we go.

I don't agree in that part, ACC is more CPU than GPU intensive, and that's not in the UE part. Just compare the game performance on a multiplayer race between a server with 5 clients vs a server with 50 ones, no matter the 'visible cars' option, the game is not well optimized and blaming just the graphical engine is not fair.

And what concerns to the engine, the most FPS killer by far are always the mirrors, that it's something that afaik, Kunos implemented from scratch as UE has no native support for them so there is always a way to improve.

But hey, I'm talking from a VR user experience, and seeing that there are no hardware available in the world to run the game as it should, I've got a very pessimistic point of view.

7. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Don't get me wrong, everyone loves one liner in threads, they have that mystic,:D, like the one posting knows something others don't.
    But, if that is the case and you know something, would you care to share? Can you elaborate on what you wrote?

chksix and Flavus like this.
  8. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Sometimes, i think that the Kunos devs, must read the posts, and laugh and shake their heads about the presumptions we make about optimizations, as if its a simple task, there are some things that cannot be optimized without compromise

Turk, Serge M and stefanoCasillo like this.
  9. Sofa

Sofa Gamer

Ah! Hadn't seen that post. Consider mine not written. o_O

After_Midnight likes this.
  10. All fine mate :)

11. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Why because it’s not a very likeable track? I like the flow of it plus I seen F1 there from 2000-2007 and it holds a special place in my heart awwww

12. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I was just wishing for a solution from Epic about the future of VR :)
    They need to build an VR optimized version of the software which allows high speed drawing of the frames while still keeping the view sharp.

Cote Dazur and houssen like this.
  13. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Nope, but because some here won't open their eyes if you mention even part of an oval.

I've been there also, a while back for Indy cars..

14. bhowe83

bhowe83 Racer

Which is funny because in it's current layout it's basically 0% oval. You join back onto the track in the short chute of Oval 1-2 and go through the chicane to circumvent oval 1, and end up on the front stretch. At no point do you end up taking an oval corner. People still have a bad taste in their mouth from the F1 debacle there, but it could have been easily solved by using the same solution we have in place now.

NemethR likes this.
  15. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

What debacle? There have been some great F1 races over there.

16. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

F1 race in 2005.

17. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Which is why I would prefer Daytona as a possible "roval" track for ACC.

Nev Roberts likes this.