1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheatingTJ

CheatingTJ Gamer

I
    I think it's to open the passenger's door.

2. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

I'm not quite sure if I should open an extra thread. Does anyone have experience with penalties in the corner in Silverstone you see in the following video? I got a 10 second stop and go for exceeding tracklimits here. Had zero warnings and the guy in front takes almost the same line and he got nothing. :confused:

3. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I think a bit of it comes down to if you have gained time. If he has a valid lap where he was faster in that sector before it may not seem it a penalty on this run as he didn’t gain anything (as the system sees it).

And if you went through there faster then you have before but cut, it will see that as a gain and give a penalty. Looks a bit harsh but it is what it is, no automatic penalty system is perfect. And you could always say that you shouldn’t have been that wide in the first place.

4. Si.

Si. Simracer

I’d say your lines are quite different, we’re not talking centimetres difference. It looks as though he maintained contact with the kerb (just maybe, difficult to see on vid) so perhaps that’s the limit, however you were significantly further over. Perhaps he lifted, I expect you carried more speed. At least you know the limit now.

5. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Adjusting steering wheel maybe ?
    Dunno fer sure, sorray

6. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

I maybe gained some time, but I didn't gain on the guy in front. I don't think our lines are too different. I'm not saying I should get out of this with nothing, but maybe a warning would fit the situation better. I would have even accepted a DT but stop and go? That's rather what I'm asking: Is this a known issue with this corner? If anyone can confirm similar experiences I'd create a bugreport :)

7. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Honestly I normally see warnings, usually a first warning, second warning and final warning. Not sure if the time period it’s over matters.

With the time gain it’s only relative to your own previous best through there and not dependent on wether or not you gained on the person in front.

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

If this was in an early lap it seems penalties are a bit broken at times giving instant drive through or stop go for what should just be a warning. Possibly linked to your valid delta lap, before you set one it probably has an issue or if your valid best delta lap is much slower in the section you went off track.

General rule if you want to avoid a warning lift off a little when you have run wide. If you go fully off track like that and keep it full throttle you will be given a warning as you should.

The instant penalty for minor off tracks on early laps is being looked at. Also penalties for pit lane speeding seem broken as they give DQ when a drive through or stop go should be given at all times. Any gains made speeding in pitlane are lost if it means you need to drive through the pits again and under the limit. ;)

9. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

It actually was pretty late in the race. Funny thing is that I initially thought it would be a DT and didn't really read the orange text at the bottom of the screen, so I did a DT. I realized the text wasn't disappearing after coming out of the pits so I read again and well...had to go to the pits again :'D
    If those kind of situations are being looked at there is no need for a new thread, thx :)

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

You can add yours to this thread

JnJ | Rayleigh likes this.
  11. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Seems there are some issues with inconsistent track limit penalties currently. Was watching Jimmy the other day at Silverstone and he went well wide at Silverstone T1 on one of his race laps, realised there was no warning and then continued to do it and continued to not get any warning/penalty. He also wasn't really going slow and certainly should have been detected by the system.

Personally I've never had an issue with inconsistent track limits, only inconsistent penalties (the random instant DT discussed above has happened to me twice).

12. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Ah nice, that's what I was looking for, thanks! :)

13. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Two Unreal engine crashes when attempting to do a CP race. Once in Practice and once 5 seconds before the race start. Hope my car wasn´t in the way for anyone.

14. Serge M

Serge M Alien

15. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

It's the MARC II V8 actually, basically a GT3 wannabe :p

Serge M and Chrisfande-f1 like this.
  16. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Also interesting...

17. Captain Barracuda

General Bathurst 12hr question. I noticed there's a 2020 Merc but I thought new cars weren't allowed to race Bathurst. Has this changed?

Attached Files:

Maciej Malinowski likes this.
  18. Captain Barracuda

Maciej Malinowski likes this.