1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. #Race@Home

#Race@Home Gamer

The modders haven´t had any permission or license from the company for the modded car or track and complaining, someone else did the same thing to them?

But, but, but I made the illegal copy first, you don´t have the right to steal it from me, you are bad guy :eek:

Interesting.

I guess I know why, it wasn´t a "thing here".

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  2. Infact it's all a thing for sheeps...

sps_for_race and #Race@Home like this.
  3. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Speaking to the concept of illegal ripped content etc, not the DMCA spamming issue:

Unfortunately this kind of thing tends to be overlooked by players when it suits them. While not selling for a $$ value, a certain AC graphics mod which has been featured on both of these channels hack source code to achieve what is achieved and are a breach of EULA. This is just as bad as ripped content, however not viewed as unfavourable by the community for the simple reason that they like the outcome, or just don't understand that it is a hack instead of a simple mod. Content creators covering this mod (hack) are far more likely to understand this though (nothing implied of course :D)

In most cases like this IP owners chose not to pursue legal action as it just isn't worth the cost and negative publicity. ie Metallica had a genuine claim against Napster, but look at how butthurt their fanbase got about that.

4. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

Obviously you're not referring to CSP/SOL, so what are you referring to exactly?

5. Captain Barracuda

Of course not.

6. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

That's not even in the same ballpark as stealing and reselling copyrighted content though. It's not even sold at all, it's literally just improving the base game as is.

Obviously I agree with Stefano - the outrage would be unreal, but that doesn't make it relevant to the copyright issue.

7. Captain Barracuda

I understand your point, but I'm talking about the line, not the magnitude by which it's crossed.

Once the source code is hacked the IP is accessible, who knows which other projects it has been used in or even referenced in. A future dev could theoretically buy that unlocked code from a hacker and apply concepts to a commercial project they release 10 years from now.

I digress though, it's up to Kunos to make the decision on how they deal with individual cases of IP theft and copyright issues. IMO it is important to help the general population understand what's illegal content and what isn't as many can't identify this soft of thing beyond obvious cases like illegal car and track ports.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  8. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

No one can actually fight against IP theft. It is part of business. Actually in some cases hacked stuff support sales of original.

Eg. Based on studies which made 2K and Warhorse studios, around 50% of copies of their games was stolen, but actually supported sales of the original games so the overall sales are much higher than if they try to fight it by implementing some super brutal anti-piracy SW and try to get down everyone who hacked it.

And actually IP theft happens in almost any industry. It is sad, but it is also engine for innovation.

9. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

How is stealing an engine for inovation ?

10. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

At least at our company where I've worked, when our product has been stolen and appeared at warez sites it was for entire company nightmare, however after while it was also motivation for next time come up with something even more spectacular and innovative that warez community don't bother anymore with the old (originally warezed product from us) and buy the new one. If they do not steal our product, maybe we would still be stuck with the original one instead of making even better version.

And this is the case for many studios - from the game industry, to design agencies, etc.

By the way, warez community managed to hack and steal also our new product, but as I've said, it is part of the business, however, if someone tries to fight with it, it does not end well, so it is important to find there only positive side.

11. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

News from SRO: Fanatec GT World Challenge Europe Powered by AWS Esports Cup

"The truly groundbreaking aspect of the new initiative comes from the Fanatec Points Boost. This will see points accumulated in the Esports Cup added to scores from the Endurance Cup and Sprint Cup to determine the overall and Silver teams' titles for 2021. A successful Esports campaign could be worth up to 15 points, placing huge importance on the virtual competition. Teams will also contend for a significant prize pot, with €25,000 up for grabs at each event and a total of €125,000 offered across the season."

As they'll be racing on-site at the racing venue there'll be little chance of cheating I guess? Anyways it's going to be interesting.

Plans revealed for pioneering Fanatec GT World Challenge Europe Powered by AWS Esports Cup | SRO Motorsports Group (sro-motorsports.com)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    #Race@Home and sps_for_race like this.
  12. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Does this mean the ESports teams will be owned by the physical racing Teams ? that will race only for that team in the series

13. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

No esports teams. All participants are real drivers from the real teams. All details are in the linked article.

"At each round, teams entering a Pro or Silver car in the full Endurance campaign must select one of their race drivers to compete virtually. Those with multiple entries in the same class will only be required to nominate one driver, while teams with Pro and Silver cars must select one representative from each. They will battle for the inaugural Esports Cup titles over the course of five one-hour races, with points awarded to the top-three overall and Silver finishers on a 3-2-1 basis. "

anthonylroy likes this.
  14. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

That would be awesome. Maybe during the waiting time between sessions.

Darcy Callai Junior likes this.
  15. FlakNine

FlakNine Gamer

Yes that would be good. Or how about only when your car is in the pits?

Darcy Callai Junior likes this.
  16. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

How don you want them to like like, before loading the custom skins?

17. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I dunno much about custom liveries (is discussing them on the forums even allowed?), but I think custom liveries have one of the official liveries as base, so loading the official livery first and then during session change the custom livery could replace the official one?

18. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

No, they don't.

#Race@Home likes this.
  19. That's the reason for more and more black cars at the servers :mad:

#Race@Home, AndyK70 and sps_for_race like this.
  20. Monotone

Monotone Gamer

I really don't get the need for custom skins, it's such a minor/niche thing.

The fact that the server lags and stutters on join every time I enter the most technical track might make me slightly biased! :D

Tim Meuris, Pekka, #Race@Home and 6 others like this.