1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

I left a positive review after they fixed netcode (0.6 or so). It's a pity there are so many negative reviews. I think it's mainly the SP/career experience and expectations people had around that and that people more used to GT sport type stuff tried it. And some people seem very unreasonable in general if I read the reviews. Kunos should just go to the epic games store :)

2. dek

dek Racer

Did one long ago but will certainly do again.

3. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Did a little review last summer, writing about aero, rating and glowing exhaustes, well love them till today, good time to expand my review with experiences on that sim, community and devs... Did I ever thank you all for that?
    My wallet cryes a little since then V3 pedals, alu rig, sparco rev, and the fun goes on
    Thanks and hugs for good times! :)

Coanda likes this.
  4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I think part of the problem we are seeing today has something to do with a new generation of gamer that grew up with an xBox 360 +20 games from the age of 3 or 4... They never lived pre internet, mobile phone or youtube etc... They want it all and they want it yesterday.. A lot of them can't even boil an egg yet they bag the sh!t out of exceptionaly smart and hard working development teams.. :mad: As we say back in Australia... pack of useless c@nts!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    Jebus, MTv, Kapoo and 10 others like this.
  5. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Yep I left a review , but I have only 2 words for you , Thank you

6. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Gave my review months ago... Not sure if I can post another but will try.

But sharing something below that I hope may lift the teams morale even just a little, as a a reminder that things do turnaround.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/18/...o-games-sean-murray-gofundme-thank-you-beyond

[ATF]Shanti and ignission like this.
  7. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

For once mate, give it a rest.

8. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Funniest reviews i seen is
    ones under 2 hrs of game time - Because you know that person did not have time to check everything and learn the game properly.
    ones complaining about content- Because you know that person does not know what Blancpain is.
    ones that want iRacing for 25€ :D

9. ignission

ignission Simracer

The turnaround for NMS must the biggest in gaming history. Man, when that launched it nearly broke the internet and now look at it ;)

10. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Have submitted a review, my first ever. It is an honest review, but is overwhelmingly positive as this is truly how I feel about the game. Chin up guys, and don't lose heart. You have made something very special here. There is no shame in wanting confirmation that your efforts are worth it.

11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

12. Psit

Psit Alien

The reviews went from positive to mixed in 1 week, when it was made clear that we are not getting iRacing-like scheduled races etc.

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

The NMS story is nice and they should be commended for continuing to support the game. A game can have a bad release like NMS or the newer X games - or in case of ACC release half-done out of EA - but if a dev continues to support their game and fixes the issues they're forgiven in my mind. I have a lot of patience for developers. Game development isn't easy.

But it shouldn't be disregarded that Hello Games received some funding from none other than Sony. And ultimately for me there's no way around the fact that Sean Murray was lying, sorry.

Son likes this.
  14. ignission

ignission Simracer

Oh please, let's not start that circular argument here. We don't want the ACC forum turning into Mr Robot... :D

15. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I'll comment about discussions here as I see fit, thank you very much.

16. ignission

ignission Simracer

I see you missed the reference of the joke there... :rolleyes:

17. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

ACC steam reviews are as positive as the human race will allow for. Mostly positive with a few who can see a doomsday scenario in anything.
    Another typical and funny revue goes like this little dig (from the most recent negative review)- "I gather there's a bunch of technical issues re: VR and triple screen or whatever, but i'm quite happy playing on one flat screen so i can't really comment on them." Total misuse of the phrase "I gather" and anyone who reads something like that and decides not to try ACC due to what this random guy herd from other random guy on the net doesn't deserve ACC in the first place. From the same negative review- "half of the game is amazing. It looks great, sounds incredible, all the cars are surprisingly fun and unique to drive for a single class series". He's basically saying- "Don't believe me when I say it's great because I actually think it sucks. Believe instead some other random dude who said it sucks". For this particular reviewer half of the game is saves in sp career, and the other half of the game is everything else.

18. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Here is little research i did.. how long does it take you to do a drive trough penalty on each track. Granted i did not do one track 100 times to get avg out of these times but my 2 tries were almost spot on for each track.

[​IMG]

Epistolarius, chksix, Thug and 6 others like this.
  19. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

Spa takes me at least an hour!

20. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yes it should roughly match the Mistral straight during formation laps.

Coanda and Son like this.