1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

COMPETIZIONE Assetto Corsa Competizione Online Special Events

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jul 5, 2019.

1. EetuP

EetuP Rookie

Big props for the 60min challenge in Kyalami. Very challenging but fun in changing track conditions. Having to pit for slicks was a nice surprise, really enjoyed it. It was hard at first, though. Needed a few attempts and still had few spins. That puddle in Mineshaft will remain my nemesis.

bondyboy, Fr0zzen and pankykapus like this.
  2. Alexey

Alexey Rookie

Please, make hotlap superpole or 10 mins hotstint events always available. There are none at the moment. I don't enjoy hotlap mode, I feel uncomfortable driving a magical perpetual motion machine within a simulation of the real world.

NemethR likes this.
  3. Mitch Wright

Mitch Wright Rookie

Is there some special registration process I need to complete to display my name on the leaderboards? I've taken part in a number of challenges and the reults are 'registering'
    but always display as 'anonymous'.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Mitch

4. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

New events will be rolled out on 1.8 in the upcoming days.

Sebastian Cron, D.Andra and Tundra like this.
  5. D.Andra

D.Andra Rookie

Is there anyway to see the full leaderboard?

pdf3108 likes this.
  6. Fr0zzen

Fr0zzen Gamer

I'm kinda disappointed by the lack of special events this season. I do hope that the SE are gonna get updated on a monthly basis for real this time now. Last season there were plenty of SE but they stayed the same for months and months (except the BMW, Lamborghini etc. specials)

Sebastian Cron and FloSimRace like this.
  7. pankykapus

And they are up.

8. I would like to point out an extreme exploit at the Bentley GT3 in Spa (wet) Special event. Due to the extreme conditions it is possible to cut the track at several places during the lap without ever being penalized. It says "no time gained" but trust me, you are gaining A LOT of time. I do not think that is the intent of this special event.

Serge M and Dewald Nel like this.
  9. pankykapus

New events will be rolled out on 1.8.12 (and DLC content) in the upcoming days.

10. MYTH_Moebius

MYTH_Moebius Rookie

Good day,

I hope this is the right thread to forward my question to Kunos.

Is it not possible to display both ping and latency for a driver in Multiplayer?

I´m living in Brazil and race frequently on EU servers (unfortunately good events are rare in the Americas). It happened to me quite some times that I got kicked in the warm up lap with the comment that my ping is too high :(
    But in this case the ping is not telling the entire story since I have a very fast connection and usually a sub 50 latency, but in ACC only the 240 ping is displayed and leads to the wrong (but understandable) judgement for a race host to DSQ and kick me.
    I can play perfectly (maybe with a slight disadvantage for myself) participate in races with over 40 drivers on EU thanks to the good latency without neither rubberbanding nor any other negative effects for other drivers.

I would really hope that the latency could also get displayed helping racers from other continents to show that their connection isn´t as bad as the ping indicates.

It is really frustrating to pratice for an event, qualify within the top 5 and get kicked before the race starts, without a necessity purely based on the terrible ping that is getting displayed :(

11. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

Ping is just a synonym for latency, it is the same. Your local connection speed does not matter, only the latency to the server, which is pretty high.
    It probably isn't like that for the other drivers and they see you lagging around.

MYTH_Moebius and MrCooper like this.
  12. MYTH_Moebius

MYTH_Moebius Rookie

Quote from brithish E-Sports: Although ping and latency get used interchangeably, they are ever so slightly different things.
    Latency refers to the time it takes for data to travel from your device to the server. Having good latency is dependent on the quality of your internet connection, and goes hand in hand with ping.
    Lower latency is ideal, with the best gameplay performance sitting between 5 and 60ms. The levels of latency can change depending on the server, so it is best to establish good levels for you. Having latency any higher than 100ms will cause significant lag in your gameplay, and make it difficult to play properly. Whilst they are measured the same way, it is important to monitor your latency as well as your ping to make sure that you are sitting at the best levels possible.

I don´t want to start a discussion, I would just like to clear this one for myself.

On EU servers I usually have a 240ms ping and a 55ms latency and I had decent close racing in 30-40 car races, and also did´t get any bad feedback from fellow racers.

So, does the 55ms latency means the race experience for me is ok, while the high 240ms ping makes me jump or rubberband around for others without me noticing it?

13. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

Oh, you are misreading the little server statistics in the hud. LAT is the average latency of all players combined connected to the server.
    Your own latency is shown as ping.

You can find this in the drivers guide in the section "Ping and Connection to Server"
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/...Gox6PS6JzA19Qjvz0/edit#heading=h.qe772de1mb7f

MYTH_Moebius likes this.
  14. Fr0zzen

Fr0zzen Gamer

Please don't neglect special events.

15. n1lyn

n1lyn Racer

works fine here bro!

16. Fr0zzen

Fr0zzen Gamer

Weird I only see the Porsche Paul Ricard Hotlap event.

17. Does anybody knows if there's a website taking track of the standings right now?

18. FloSimRace

FloSimRace Simracer

No special events at the moment ? It's a pity, it's always nice to compete with others when new cars and tracks are released ...

19. rbulatovic

rbulatovic Rookie

Special event is not available. It does not respond to any commands and the internet connection is good. What is the problem,do you know!? THX

20. John g

John g Simracer

Special events have not had any attention for a while now.
    But at least there were still a couple available before, even if very old...
    Hopefully soon, surely can't be that difficult