1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa config with gtx970 oc

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by LSGamingHDHD, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Don't use inspector, and be sure you have latest Nvidia drivers. Autoupdate does not always work, so check manually.

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  2. LSGamingHDHD

LSGamingHDHD Racer

the card has only 2 weeks. I have the lastest nVidia drivers :D

3. Horus

Horus Alien

I do not own one F430 (I'm sure you already knew that though :p ). However I have read enough post about others using the 9series and not being able to run AC maxed out, nearly maxed but never the full hog. If I remember right there was someone who had SLi 980's and even then could not run maxed. Still it is good that if we cannot run it ramped to the max at the moment, as it means it will still look spectacular when we can in a few year on the latest and great cards.

As we all know it is system specific, if you have three 4K monitors then even the best cards in the world will struggle.

4. LSGamingHDHD

LSGamingHDHD Racer

Yeah. I'm playing iRacing in ULTRA and 4K with 30 guys and i'm +60FPS. In AC i can run it in 4K when i'm alone in the local mode (with ultra settings but no PP) and in the online... 1080p in ultra 45-50FPS. I can run battlefield 4 with 64 guys in ultra, Project Cars in Very High in the online and +60FPS but AC nope... :/

5. I see you're running Shadows at Ultra and Reflection Frequency at Medium. Try setting shadows to Medium and Refl. Freq. to Low, just to see how that goes.

I've got an ASUS Strix 970 with a boost overclock of 1425 Mhz (you have 1278 Mhz), and even with that the frame rate goes down with a full grid (24-32 online/offline) when using Ultra settings and higher Relfection Frequency.

colombianomd likes this.
  6. LSGamingHDHD

LSGamingHDHD Racer

If i put that shadows in medium and reflection frequency to medium i have a bit difference but...Why i can't with that in ultra? U can..
    How much FPS do u have with all in ultra + 24 guys?

7. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

Devs say that it's expected: more FPS = more CPU Occ.
    It should be strange if was not so.

8. No, I can't. My fps drops like a brick when setting Reflection Quality to High and Reflection frequency to Ultra.

[​IMG]

Cockpit view is maybe 5 fps better.

9. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

I have a standard 970 and get steady 60 fps on triple monitors with a 24 car grid. I've set the reflections to static (that really helps), shadows to ultra and have lowered PP and AA.
    i7 4770

10. LSGamingHDHD

LSGamingHDHD Racer

But is worth to put the reflections to static? Because i see more sawtooth when i put it in static... It's a big problem that because with a 970 OC or 780ti can run AC in ultra @ online its a bit serius.

11. LSGamingHDHD

LSGamingHDHD Racer

12. [​IMG]

Here I'm getting 60 fps, with Reflections set to Static. Because I'm using SweetFX, I use Printscreen to capture a screenshot, and the fps + CPU usage always dips for 1 second when I press the button. CPU Occupancy was about 75%.

So it's pretty much what 6S.Manu and the Kunos dev confirmed: more fps = higher CPU usage // less fps = lower CPU usage. Because you are using AMD, the impact may be more noticeable on your machine, because the power per core is less than with the newer Intel processors (or something like that, I'm not an expert).

I advise you to lock your fps (for example to 60) to reach an acceptable balance between the CPU and GPU. And I'm afraid there's not other real solution than to turn down some settings, beginning with the Reflection Frequency; that's one of the most intensive resource-eaters.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
    LSGamingHDHD likes this.
  13. LSGamingHDHD

LSGamingHDHD Racer

Do u recomend me to use SweetFX only? (no PP filter)

14. I love SweetFX, so it's hard to not recommend. I use it mainly because of the sharper image quality and textures ("lumasharpen") and it should have minimal impact on fps. I do use the default PP filter since 1.4, however. Works great, though!

15. CamsX

CamsX Racer

You have 3 options. Overclock the CPU, which can hit 4.2-4.5. Upgrade hardware. Take the advise and lower some of the settings.

I have a new oveclocked Skylake CPU and I'm not even trying to push Ultra settings in order to achieve 75fps most of the time. iRacing is not a valid comparison, with that older gfx engine.

16. LSGamingHDHD

LSGamingHDHD Racer

But battlefield 4 and Project cars is valid.

17. That's why it's not....when I said maxed I meant maxed.

LSGamingHDHD likes this.
  18. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Simracer

Exactly same settings here with same results... ;)

19. CamsX

CamsX Racer

20. jasjeet

jasjeet Racer

There are some optimization issues especially on tracks like Barcelona, where my setup drops way below 60fps with a full grid (GPU usage is low), even when cars are not in direct site. So OP, its not totally your issue. Just turn some things down, i dont have everything maxed out.
    Smoke - Low, Reflection settings on Medium.