1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa interview about ps4 and xbox!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ChokDK, Jun 4, 2015.

1. spidiG

spidiG Racer

There is the 1st time for everything. Perhaps Kunos will be the 1st to keep to PC standards while creating a console port. There is 1st time for everything right? The problem is that therew is no representative for PC, but there are representatives for consoles (mikrosoft,sony). And when sony and ms come with money and suggest that you do some things a cetian way, majority follow the smell of cash...

Personaly I'lll wait for the first console and Pc patch if they come out on the same day that will mean that pc waited for 1 month with a complete patch, for consoles to approve the patch.

Because sony and microsoft want consoles to look the same as pc, thats why we get those downgrades on pc, it's consoles money. And we get console realeases first pc second, and mind you consoles need games (and patches) to be 1 month done inadvance....

Boris Lozac likes this.
  2. zaratul

zaratul Hardcore Simmer

That is exactly what I am worried about. Already, their pace of updates is very slow and consoles might slow them down even further. Lets hope Kunos proves that all our worries are unfounded.

3. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

dont forget that kunos dont really owe us anything once they fix the bugs (which hopefully 1.2 will squash the most of, along with bringing new features and stuff for free) so worrying about the potential slower updates in a years time is a bit unnecessary, they will have already gone way above and beyond what they initially offered us

zaratul, TDS, 1karl1 and 3 others like this.
  4. Mogster

Mogster Alien

There's no reason why Kunos couldn't push updates to the PC as they do now while compiling larger bulk updates for the consoles.

This happens with a couple of developers that have the same products on Steam and available through their own home brew delivery software. Obviously this could cause angst among the console punters and Kunos's publisher may press for the console versions having updates first to keep the console players happy.

5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Since this have been under development for a while that might be the reason why patches have taking a while to get out? There was some other company that was going to port it as far as i understood but i guess Kunos have had a bit of work with it aswell.
    And it was a good while since we first saw pictures of the PS4 (togheter with some wheel if i remember correctly).

6. ZioYuri78

ZioYuri78 Hardcore Simmer

I will have to completely rewrite ACCG :eek:

7. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Spontaneous there is one thing that comes into my mind when I think about possible synergies from Box to PC and that are gaming aspects.

If I take my kids as a sample who now own my Boxes and are not interested in PCs for gaming and driving "only", they would expect a big Career section (Avatar/Character identification), progress, unlocking (tension), elaborate AI, ongoing events (best would be daily, but weekly is also ok like in GT) in combination with a lot of new content to keep them at it, lots of tuning (could be only visual, rims, tires, spoilers, the more the better, kids like bling bling), good pad-contoller implementation, Toplists (competition), fun assets and so on, etc. Just because they are used to have such.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    Quffy likes this.
  8. Turk

Turk Alien

It's good at making money, up to a point. We can see Tesco is having a bad time in Europe as people look for better quality food from local producers. The impact Walmart and the impact you as a consumer have via walmart is very much linked, you can't separate the negative impact just because they make lots of money.

But my point stands, sometimes the customer doesn't know what they want, they often don't know what's possible. The only time a company really needs to listen to their customers is when they come back with issues. Why would a software development company listen to someone with absolutely no software development experience? Why do people assume they know everything there is to know about another persons job when they've zero experience doing that job?

9. Icarus

Icarus Racer

I think we can all agree that the Assetto Corsa customers know what we want. A better multiplayer, is there one person here that thinks it's anywhere near good enough? There are certain things that we have accepted that we're not going to get but we would like, weather, day/night. But the damage model and the multiplayer are in my opinion and from what the forums say, most if not all other people agree, are not finished. I have just come back to AC after playing GTA V solid since it's release, and have already given up on AC again, because it feels like half a game, it feels like a beta.

10. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Something 505 will need to get right is marketing. If AC is aimed at Forza / Grid / {any other arcade title} type regulars then there will be a ton of complaints about how 'wrong' the physics are, even though we know different. It must be made clear this is a simulator where the most important feature is the realistic physics rather than just another pretty car collection game. If they get the marketing wrong then yes it will flop.
    Yes, but it could be better.

LeDude83 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  11. spidiG

spidiG Racer

And we don't owe them our money... and look at this they are working on a product, so they make we discuss, and no one owes nothing to nobody...

ps.:(i hope nothing to nobody doesen't make it something to somebody?)

12. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Hope so. Maybe Kunos can "convert" my teenage kids to finally hear on my orders and start to like "the really good games" as I do :)
    This would be nice because this is still on my todo list for my parental job.

13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

14. nonnex

nonnex Alien

15. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Not quite, I do not agree, as an Assetto Corsa customer, with more than a 1000 hours already played, I do not want a better multiplayer, because I , and a lot of other user, have no interest in MP, none!
    I hope for you and all other interested in MP that you get a better MP experience in AC, but also keep in mind that a lot of AC driver ( most likely the majority) do not care about MP.

LeDude83 likes this.
  16. Icarus

Icarus Racer

OK then I'll re-word what I said, those who play multiplayer want a better experience.

How do you fee about single player? for me it's only good for hot lapping, the AI is very poor, it can get boring quickly because lack of weather and night day means I can't re-create my favourite real life races, in general it's a very sterile environment, racing feels more like a track day.

nate likes this.
  17. zaratul

zaratul Hardcore Simmer

True, I agree. Just because I love AC so much I tend to forget that and always crave for more. I can just wish they never take a backward step in any of their core competencies which differentiates them for whatever reason. Though the console news was a bit scary to me, in the back of my mind I have trust in Kunos that they won't disappoint. Anyways, knowing myself, I am already certain that all future paid content/updates to AC are a first day pre order for me :)

ears1991 likes this.
  18. Kevin Knorpp

Kevin Knorpp Racer

...or...that it sucks that I unnecessarily bought a $[x]K PC for this game...

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  19. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Nah, it sucks that you bought a console which can only play games and nothing else, PC is never a bad investment ;)

20. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

100% agree here
    also played gta 5 fora while, now slowly the itchy feeling to race comes back but gonna wait for the gt86 to be released cause otherwise i might get bored again soon

Icarus likes this.