1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa press event live blog

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by C3PO, Sep 27, 2014.

1. mvdurao

mvdurao Rookie

Is there any news about a possible update this week?

2. Cassio

Cassio Gamer

Kunos is set to release some news about Assetto Corsa 1.0 this week.

3. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

I think it'll be an announcement this week, and update coming next or in 2 weeks. But we can keep our hopes up for something this week :)

4. mvdurao

mvdurao Rookie

Hardness is expected that version 1.0. This week could leave something for us to go already testing.

5. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

OK so this video is surely fmod:

compare to:

Do you really think racedepartment went to the effort of syncing the sounds on the laferrari vid? Its believable that they are placeholder sounds from the 599XX

TheBestBeast likes this.
  6. Tophercheese

Tophercheese Simracer

No, we have not dubbed other placeholder sounds over the top.
    The 312T footage is utilizing Fmod. It's particularly evident with the external sounds, which contain far more reverb.

It sounds 10 fold better than the current sound in v22.9, but personally, I still don't think it sounds quite right, but that's the beauty of Fmod: it's 100% moddable, so all those excellent sound modders will be able to make the PERFECT sounds for Assetto Corsa. Heck, if Mattia Moro can make a Honda Civic sound that good with the sound engine in v22.9, then I can't even imagine the incredible sounds he'll be able to replicate when he has Fmod at his disposal.

Also just keep in mind that YouTube compresses the audio, so it will definitely sound better and more crisp when you're in game, as opposed to watching a YouTube clip of it.

Very smart move by Kunos to choose Fmod :)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
    1karl1, Joao Alves and ears1991 like this.
  7. nicola

nicola Racer

This week there will be updates and news about AC by Kunos?

8. demerzel

demerzel Racer

Maybe news but no updates:/

9. justDrive

justDrive Racer

Yes said by Kunos on Facebook one week ago that there will be news this week, and some speculation by others for an update next week.

10. Backmarker

Backmarker Racer

good find! The footage was from the press event? yeah, someone trying to be clever and pull a fast one! :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
    lpmlol likes this.
  11. TCLF

TCLF Alien

we will get a news update :D

12. mvdurao

mvdurao Rookie

Assetto Corsa
    2 de outubro
    Hello AC followers,
    important updates and news about Assetto Corsa 1.0 incoming next week. Thanks for your patience and passion, stay tuned.

Will we only get one update in the news again? :(

13. I read two things:

1) important updates;
    2) news about Assetto Corsa 1.0

So, I think we have 1.0 RC (important updates) on friday. And news about release 1.0.

dads19 likes this.
  14. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

it has been delayed due to the West brothers wanting in on the action :p

eobet and rycil like this.
  15. Dude27

Dude27 Hardcore Simmer

What I expected with FMod... nothing great: still VERY far from in-house RRE and iRacing sound engineering... it seems that the engine sounds even more synthetic now in the comparison with the Fmod F412 and the 22.9 ones. very disappointing to say the least.

16. Oh man, I agree with you 100%, this sounds like a toy chain saw, yuck.

Kunos need to hire a real sound engineer to do this right.

7he4Ce likes this.
  17. Wow! Y'all are ready to run Luca out of town because of a crappy youtube vid featuring WIP sounds? Really? The man is working damn near around the clock for nearly a year because of people complaining about the original sounds and this is what he gets to read?

The beauty of FMOD is that it is completely moddable....so I can't wait to hear what you guys are going to do with it.

18. Yeah, good thing it's Moddable. Engine sounds in AC are quite "representative" but definitely not "enjoyable" or "engaging".
    Okay, he works around the clock, that's great. I don't know what his other jobs are in AC but I like most parts of AC very much.

7he4Ce likes this.
  19. Abominus

Abominus Racer

@C3PO what were the real cars you yourself actually got to drive on the day of the press event, and of the ones you tried, which one was your favourite and why?

20. softgrip

softgrip Alien

Is the news here yet? :)

*rubs hands together in anticipation*

Jason Madigan likes this.