1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Assetto Corsa vs Project Cars.

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Stevesixty7, Jan 8, 2017.

1. YourManAdrian

YourManAdrian Rookie

They're both really great racing games. I enjoy them both so much. I'd have to say that AC is a much more "realistic" game in terms of physics though. PC has pretty good physics but the cars are almost too wild at times. They slide around a bit too much. It doesn't really feel like the cars are in the race track. Feels like you're just kinda skating over the track at times. That's why it may be more difficult to drive the cars in PC. Also, the contact physics for AC are leagues ahead of what PC has. The contact physics in PC are TERRIBLE. The second you make the slightest bit contact with another car, the two cars are instantly glued together and that's just really annoying and not very realistic at all. I hope PC2 improves on the physics quite a bit.

AZT B Tender, Stevesixty7 and Grijo like this.
  2. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

+1, I totally agree with that.

AZT B Tender and YourManAdrian like this.
  3. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

When you compare the grip level of GT3 cars in both games you'll notice a big difference and we know that AC offers more realistic gameplay so AC is more precise in that area. You can correct me if I'm saying something wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grijo likes this.
  4. JIJDAN

JIJDAN Racer

I've played Pcars for some time, but I can't go back because now I know how the feedback is in AC and therefore it's hard for me to enjoy Pcars anymore.

Kembro, mike reynolds and Spitfire77 like this.
  5. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

I have spent a bit of time with both and PC doesn't feel right to me unless I spend a good 30-45 minutes refining the FFB on an individual car. Once I get a car tunes, I can drive it pretty well, but it still feels like I'm tuning something to my settings. If I pop in AC, everything is just right straight off. I spent some time fiddling with the FFB settings and ended up almost back at default.

Once I get a car tuned in PC, its fun to hot lap, but the problem is that the moment I want to try another car, I have to go through the 30-45 minute FFB tuning process. A Lot o settings are similar, but I can't just throw a baseline at it and tweak: I have to zero everything out and adjust the variables one at a time to dial it in.

That said, I got the GOTY Version of PC for $20, so gettig the game and all DLC is totally worth it for $20. It'll probably have a lot of replay value as well since it takes me so long to tune the FFB for each car. I do end up driving cars and tracks that aren't in AC though as I can just hop in the car in AC and go, so why bother with all that tuning?

ashasha and Alistair McKinley like this.
  6. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Well i find as global game that project C.A.R.S is way better..
    Day-night cycle.. 365 days of the year that influence on ambient and track temperature. The climate system..
    Lot's of tracks..huge Career mode.. Keyboard compatibility for extra button mapping.. Lot of vof options and camera options..
    The FFB is bad explained and difficult to set up correctly.. First the advanced global settings and then the proper car FFB settings.
    But once achieved the settings.. I can change between Pcars and AC with no problems, cause i feel near the same amount of FFB details.

Physics side i love Assetto Corsa and it's better than project cars all-round, it's a joy driving and cruising around..
    The laser scanned tracks are also great and on a higher level than those of project cars..

Both games are must have for sim fans

Stevesixty7, Grijo and paul_wev like this.
  7. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Probably because car manufacturers spend hundreds of millions making their cars and race cars better and better and perform and handle better and better and AC tries replicate that as close as possible.

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  8. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

You're not wrong, probably is my own personal preference talking. One thing is for sure: the road cars, OH..MY...GOD! They handle like a dream! I hate (I'm using the word hate here) the R8 in Project Cars. But in AC it's a great car! I prefer the RWD cars but the Audi is still a good one.

Other thing that I prefer in AC than Pcars is Monza track. A lot better and real version of it.

iwanchek likes this.
  9. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

A lot of the Street cars in AC have Semi Slick tires I have notices. Not sure of the Tire model in PC, but I do know that when I have tried Street Tires in AC vs the Semi-Slicks, I do tend to have trouble keeping control.

10. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Most of them got Street type tyre.
    One of the problems in Pcars is to put heat into the tyres, and even more accentuated on street cars/tyres.. It's like going on ice the first lap.
    Tyre models an management are better in Assetto, gives a more natural feeling.
    That is why i said i love the physics of Assetto Corsa...
    But for sure, the physics of Assetto and the rest of the game like project C.A.R.S would be the ultimate simulator for me..

And achieve a good FFB setting in project C.A.R.S is crucial... I makes a big difference for sure.. But they maked it to complicated.. Assetto's FFB is very easy to setup and enjoy from the beginning of a good FFB... In console they should add the missing min force setting and per car FFB force setting like on PC version to be perfect in this area.

Grijo, paul_wev and mtbwa1 like this.
  11. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Funny, I've heard mainly criticism of AC race cars be in the form of "Street cars are spot-on, race cars are too easy". This is of course from people who haven't even sat in the cockpit of GT3 race car, let alone in moving one. They compare to old sims, thinking the least intuitive and impossible-to-understand handling is the most realistic

12. Stevesixty7

Stevesixty7 Racer

Yes I drive in real life. Driving is actually a huge part of my job, albeit in a van, but I also have a car at home. I regularly throw my van around fast sweeping country roads at the National speed limit of 60 mph (for a single carriageway road, 70 for a motorway in the UK) I have been driving for almost 33 years. :)

Grijo likes this.
  13. Stevesixty7

Stevesixty7 Racer

Hey Grijo, nice to hear from you. I think I need to immerse myself a little more into Assetto, but I still enjoy PCars immensely, especially pounding around Bannochbrae and Spa.

Grijo likes this.
  14. Stevesixty7

Stevesixty7 Racer

Thanks everyone for your feedback. As I said above, I will continue to immerse myself into Assetto, no way am I leaving the game. I'm sure I'll feel it more, and the devs will improve the game with private lobbies etc. Exciting times ahead.

Grijo and paul_wev like this.
  15. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

I love Bannochbrae, great track! Like Black Cat County, excellent track for road cars! I have to confess one thing: I wasn't a big fan of Spa, but I learned to like it after AC, the whole track feels better in AC, specially the last chicane.

Kembro likes this.
  16. SkechBG

SkechBG Racer

Pcars compared to AC
    + Day/Night time change, weather change, Multiplayer Custom Servers, better visuals, better damage system
    - Poor Physics, Unrealistic FFB , Few Laser Scan Tracks, Out of Support by devs

AC compared to Pcars
    + Amazing FFB, Every car feels differend, Good Laser Scan Tracks, Still in Development,
    - NO Button Maping, No seat and cam ajustments, Poor AI , No Multiplayer Custom Lobbys, NO DAY/Night change and weather

In conclusion: ALL of the - of AC still in development and gone a be fixed soon or late , only Day Night cicle maybe never comes, and all the - in Pcars never gone a be fixed because the devs works on Pcars 2 and you need to drop another 70 euro to buy a game who must be the first one!

Both games have pros end cons but AC is way better experiance to drive , and dont forget still in development and Kunos needs support not negative posts, one think is report bugs other talking ****s....and for everyone who Loves AC or Pcars enjoy it both if you can and be happy !

Grijo, AZT B Tender and paul_wev like this.
  17. Pure_nfs

Pure_nfs Rookie

Just installed the latest update on PS4>when I go through the paractice and qualifying runs in an online race and the race starts, everyone takes off except me?
    I hit the circle button and go back and click on drive, then I can start the race...but then I am way behind everyone on the start of race.
    Any help would be appreciated

18. AZT B Tender

AZT B Tender Gamer

You answered it yourself. Make sure that you hit 'drive' in the 1-minute-countdown before the race starts.

Scuderia Paul likes this.
  19. dawg

dawg Racer

Since I've been racing with AC on PS4 I haven't touched PC anymore.
    I mostly race formula cars, and now the Ferrari SF15-T, and the Ferrari F138, hell, even the Lotus Exos, they all drive so much better in AC than the Formula A car in PC.

20. I think both games have pro and cons.
    Pcars have a great ffb if you take time for the settings.
    Then the cockpits are much more detailed than in AC. You can switch through motec displays and the lights are function even in the older cars. That's a point where assetto must catch up.
    Car and tracks are great and unique.
    But the main point goes to AC..Physics. the physics in pcars based on a shift. And on some cars you can feel it. Assetto Corsa is maybe easier to drive on first sight. But to tiremodel is much more detailed and suspension too. With little changes to your driving style you have much more influence how tires work. A bit to hard steering into a corner and you lost time.
    The cars have their own identity and you can feel that in assetto corsa.
    Pcars isn't a bad game but assetto corsa feels more like a simulator.

Kembro likes this.