1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Assetto Corsa vs Project Cars.

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Stevesixty7, Jan 8, 2017.

1. HWA91

HWA91 Rookie

Assetto Corsa on PS4 is for sure not an arcade racer. Just because there is no custom button mapping means not that it is an arcade racer.

Bultaco85 likes this.
  2. Assetto need to improve the displays on the cockpits. In pcars every shifting light work you can scroll through the motec displays. But in physics pcars is no serious challenger. If pcars so great in physics why porsche and ferrari select kunos and not sms. I think thats the same guys who says 3 years ago gt6 is the greatest sims on universe lol

paul_wev likes this.
  3. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

.3 sec difference from full aero to 0 aero on nordschleife .
    300 ms over 20km .
    Go figure :)

LeDude83 and paul_wev like this.
  4. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I dont think Nordschleife is the best place to test it. Too long track.

Is better to test it in short tracks, where the mistake factor is much less important.

Donnced2 likes this.
  5. I saw some gameplay videos from pcars 2 and to me it looks that they dont have a new Physik engine. The Mercedes AMG GT3 have the same issues that pcars1 had. No real feeling for the front tires. That's why people always correct the steering. To me it looks that they put more content in the game to have success by the main players. But the first gameplay footage really don't look like they will make a real hardcore sim. But that's okay for me. Because with a wheel you can overplay a lot

6. Charms Alarm

Charms Alarm Rookie

I used to play P.CARS and AC on PC back in 2014. I picked up the Xbox One versions on sale last year. On PC, I would play with the T300 set (TH8A + T3PA-PRO). I use the G920 set on the Xbox. I typically spend around an hour playing PCars, before switching over to AC for several hours. My last few laps on P.CARS are on the Nordschleife using the FR-S. My first few laps on AC are on the Nordschleife using the FR-S. It makes comparisons much easier.

If I were to put the two on a scale from 1-100 (arcade to sim), I would give P.CARS an 85 and AC a 90.*

Out of the box, P.CARS is a mess, but if you take the time to weed through the forums, and tweak the in-game settings, you'll end up transforming the game from "NFS:Shift 3" to a very capable sim. (If you have the patience to repeatedly drive around a track for hours, I believe you'll have the patience to fine tune the FFB settings for P.CARS.) So far, I've identified three areas where I perceive a major difference between the two games: road surface, kerbs (curbs?), and tires. Overall, I'd say P.CARS road surfaces feel half as detailed as AC. I been going through the FFB settings to try and tweak this, but I haven't figured it out. In the real world, I've hit kerbs many times; more than I'll ever admit. I find the way P.CARS handles kerb interactions, to be much more like my own interactions, than AC. There have been a few times in AC where I'm amazed at the lack of consequence for hitting the kerb. I can easily recover, but I know I'm not that good! I chose tires for the last, but I'm not very well versed in racing jargon to accurately explain what I feel. In P.CARS, the rear end of the car feels more likely to swing out. Unlike AC, I don't feel like I'm in complete control of the car. I chose tires, but it may be the handling, an intentional gimmick, or something else. Despite these three things, I believe P.CARS and AC are more similar than different, when on the track.

If I had to pick one, I would go with AC. However, I believe it comes down to personality types or moods. P.CARS can be much more immersive (intense?) than AC. I usually play these two at the end of the day, so I am search of something relaxing. P.CARS always seems to be on "edge." Very reminiscent of the "hardcore" vibe in the NFS:Shift series. At the end of the day, they’re both video games; buy which one suits you best, or buy both!

(I believe I'll have a very different opinion about P.CARS2.)

*I took off 5 from each due to my equipment. I do not believe these gear and belt driven wheels can pick up the very fine FFB details available in these games. I always feel like somethings missing. One of these days I'll find out! (I'd give Forza 6: Apex a 65, FM6 a 60, and FH3 a 50.)

7. gixerman1277

gixerman1277 Rookie

PCARS=SIM RACER ASSETTO CORSA=ARCADE RACER PERIOD

8. So why then are you wasting here your time? People with such messages want only bring hate here in the community. The console version have missing options, but then to say it's a arcade racer is ridiculous and extremly childlish. I'm for free speech but this is only provocation.

paul_wev, pippo10 and OriginalR6kid like this.
  9. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I like AC the best but there are some things about Pcars that are fun. Rain night day.

Lately, with Jack Spades wheel presets I am enjoying Pcars a lot more. One thing in physics I like better is the weight transfer in the corners. I love to work the tire grip. Get the back end light and continue to fuel the drift around. Unfortunately AC has a flat slid here.

10. Nwg

Nwg Racer

I dont think either of these games are arcade. I think assetto is more sim physics wise, while pcars has a more sim race experience. So while the actual driving is better in assetto, the race experience is better in pcars. We dont have too long to see what pcars 2 brings to the table physics wise, but im sure it will be quite awhile before assetto catches up on the racing features.

11. The problem is to bring that features needs a lot more manpower. Rain for example is much bigger challenge because in assetto the AI use the same physics. Pcars uses like other racinggames fake physics for the AI in other words simplified physics. Assetto Corsa is smaller team like SMS. So you can't expect the same.

But in reality only a small minority use that features in online lobbys. So I can wait for that feature in Assetto.

I'm not sure that kunos want beat pcars 2 what content and features belongs. Assetto cars is perfekt for a online community where you can create your own championships/leagues. This game following a other philosophy then pcars. It's pure driving. Pcars is great too.

But a lot of people forget that SMS has a history back to the modding days in F1 2002 and F1 challenge over GTR and NFS Shift. So they have a huge experience advantage what racing sims belong. They use all they knowledge what they learned in these years. Specially details like the cockpits or gforce animations. There must a lot of work be done to make a game like pcars.

I think kunos will improve over the years too and she will see great games in the future. SMS opened 2 years ago a studio in Asia so they can realize pcars 2 with all that content and new features, cars and tracks. Night and rain is great to have in the game.

12. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Worst Troll ever, if not then perhaps take a moment to consider how ridiculous your pist is? Nah dont bother, troll.

13. gixerman1277

gixerman1277 Rookie

Troll, this game is missing tons of features that the PC version has.. many easily implemented. My opinion of this game is really crap until they deliver game we expected.. your position did give me a little chuckle kid.. You go run with the sheep brown noser, I will continue until they fix and deliver game we paid for.. I use PCARS as an example of what features are in a console game that Assetto may try to lie about and say it is not possible. Ask your mommy to check your facts loser, some of us had to buy game not get it from parents.

paul_wev likes this.
  14. gixerman1277

gixerman1277 Rookie

Oh here is your correted post;

Worst troll ever, if not then perhaps take a moment to consider how ridiculous your post is. Nah don’t bother, troll.

REMOVED BY MOD: lifetime ban earned

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2017
  15. Bultaco85

Bultaco85 Rookie

You can´t judge a game without playing it, just because you saw some videos.

Photonmonkey likes this.
  16. Nwg

Nwg Racer

Racing game fans amaze me. Why is it always this versus that. Ive been playing racing games for 30 years and in that time ive yet to see a perfect game. Ive had my favorites over the years but that never stopped me from trying something new. Imo i hope pcars 2 brings some new and improved gameplay/features, it just pushes the other developers further which in turn helps all racing game fans out.

17. Bultaco85

Bultaco85 Rookie

Agree with you.

Before AC, i´ve been playing FM6 and PCARS for a year and a half, and loved both, they were great products and had their goals.

Now i play more AC, but still go to PCARS, both games have their strenghts.

Stevesixty7 likes this.
  18. . I have played pcars 400 hrs so I can see very easy on the behavior of the car that they have not change much on weight bias and suspension physics. But they have 10 months time to improve the physics. But to me it looks like they have concentrate to put more content in the game and improved existing features. To me the car AMG GT3 turn much to quick into the corners for the weight that it should have.

Bultaco85 likes this.
  19. Stevesixty7

Stevesixty7 Racer

I'm much more AC these days too, I have really started to appreciate the game, the physics, everything, I'm into it. I really want (like everyone) private lobbies sorted out. I won't let PCars go though, I don't care what anyone says, I enjoy the game with it's night, day, rain etc.

ppbucko and Bultaco85 like this.
  20. Bultaco85

Bultaco85 Rookie

Right now, nothing compares on console, PCARS is better as a game, but when you go on track, when it matters, Assetto Corsa shines, and there is ho comparison, its just an amazing experience.

Stevesixty7 likes this.