1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Best racing game you've recently bought?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AlBahner, May 26, 2015.

1. AlBahner

AlBahner Hardcore Simmer

As an opposition to the 'Worst...'-thread it might be nice to leave some props for nice racing games here.
    I'll just start here and say the best racing game I've recently bought (apart from Assetto of course) is PCARS.

First I was a little disappointed as the physics are not as good as I was hoping but I had some fun racing with friends online and overall it is a nice package.

Ray HT likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Best Pit Stops in Sim Racing Jun 7, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality ACC is the best VR experience in Sim Racing Jun 5, 2019
    ACC General Discussions What can fairly be expected of developers trying to create the 'best' racing sim ? May 3, 2018
    ACC General Discussions All things considered, what makes the best racing sim ? May 1, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Which is the best car/track to show someone into simracing? Mar 24, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Best car for close racing Dec 7, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Best sounding Racing game? Feb 15, 2017
    Chit Chat Room GamerMuscle explains which is the best racing sim, and why Dec 1, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Best racing experience ever! Apr 3, 2016
    Screens & Videos Best looking track in sim racing? Mar 26, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Best simracing i've ever played. update 1.0 Oct 16, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Which is the best - actually alive - racing league? :) Jun 24, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues The Quest to find the best Gamepad for Assetto Corsa (And Racing Simulators In General) May 5, 2014
    Chit Chat Room What is the best simulation racing ? Apr 30, 2014
    Chit Chat Room best start off green / drag racing Feb 11, 2014

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

hmm recently brought, gt legends was the last racing game i brought early this year, never played it but its the best recent game ive brought so....

4. yusupov

yusupov Alien

pCARS for me too, still have high hopes for dirt rally but that game pulled me away from it. as ive said for the past year, great time to be a simracer

Ray HT likes this.
  5. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I'd have to say GSCE, great game that I only recently picked up. Dirt Rally is showing some good promise IMO.

I'm not new to Pcars so I won't count that.

I do tend to get bored with a title after a while only to re-visit it at a later time. rF2, AC, Pcars, GSCE, R3E, GTL, and more all still get my motor running for slightly different reasons.

6. Wildkatz

Wildkatz Gamer

I don't know if it counts as "buying" but iRacing.

Otherwise Race07/GTR Evo and all other addons.

7. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Mario Kart 8 FTW:D

8. Depending how long time is "recently".

Haven't bought very recently other than pCars and DiRT Rally. Atm better one is pCars. If we extend the time period it will be definitely Reiza title (GSCE & Formula Truck) or Euro Truck Simulator 2.

snyperal likes this.
  9. Skybird

Skybird Alien

ETS2 - a racing game? :D LOL. Allow me to list OMSI then, its kind of the hurdle-race of car racing. :) A bit rough around the edges, but some things that it does, it does excellently, and certainly its by far the best bus sim out there. :D

Last 2 years' buys for me in the car driving genre were GSCE (an interim solution about Nordschleife mods), AC, R3E and DR, in this order, all worth their money. AC and R3E rank best for me. GSC for itself is a good overall package, but in the face of AC and R3E I find it pointless to invest into it. The old engine was pushed to maximum shine, yes - but its an old engine for sure - and it shows it. Physics imo are inferior to both other titles. DR has huge potential to become a rock-solid CMR-kind of physics racer in the very best meaning of the word - but we must wait to see what happens for sure. Improvements in feature quality and quantity of content are mandatory.

PC sometimes looks marvellous (and sometimes not), I may be tempted to buy it nevertheless for the occasional madness and cursing frenzy, when they have a cheap Steam sale at xmas and the price dropping to something around 15 Euros. More it would not be worth to me. Rather less. It features no track that I would hold oin igh esteem and could not have with the other titles, and quite some things it really does LOUSY. The AI imo is a good argument NOT to buy this. Also, the package absolutely looks unfinished to me, and like a rushed premature release, I cannot help it.

I tested and checked rF2 (three different demo builts from beginning to recently) and meanwhile PC (somebody else's installation) as well, found both disappointing. Same for iR some longer time ago, the driving did not convince me, and online is not for me anyway.

All in all I am happy with my buying decisions of the past 2 years. I missed none that is good and avoided all that was not good.

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  10. hooligan|uk

hooligan|uk Simracer

Does spintires count?? its not racing but has cars/trucks in it.Really nice game to sit down,stick some tunes on and have a brew with.

I did actually buy it ages ago,but they updated and made mods work better so I re-installed.So its not new and its not racing but its bloody good.

And its go the best land rover mod Ive ever tried..well it is the first but man its cool
    [​IMG]
    a funky mercedes unimog mod
    [​IMG]
    and how many other games let ya pick up a massive truck,with an even more massiver truck...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  11. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

cities skylines.

12. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

Gta v, Forza motorsport 5 (looks) forza motorsport 4 (content & Porsche)

13. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Driver: San Francisco. Only bought it recently cause it was on a Steam sale, really enjoyed the storyline... plus it's 80% muscle cars, and has races that are homages to all the classic car chase movies.

@xel, LeDude83 and mistery like this.
  14. c172fccc

c172fccc Gamer

I recently bought the first FlatOut. The driving is good and challenging, the damages are amazing (an unforgiving), even to today's standard. A really great game.

15. I guess GTA V is somehow listed as a racing game, so yeah, that.

16. Youz36

Youz36 Gamer

Hi all. What is GCSE ?

17. Game Stock Car Extreme by Reiza.

18. MrGiggly

MrGiggly Racer

General Certificate Of Secondary Education

19. Get Stuffed Car Enthusiasts?

20. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

Best racing game I bought is Shift 2. It's a pretty old purchase but it's the best racing game I have in memory. Terrible handling when hp figures go over the 400 mark but keep the cars slow and it's a blast with AI, hotlap or MP.

Obviously topped by AC which I don't consider a racing game.

21. nijeat

nijeat Simracer

Assetto Corsa. I think it is the best car game ever made.

Fear, alex72, Vibe Style and 3 others like this.