1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Bikes in Assetto Corsa

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Nicolas Langsdorf, Oct 2, 2016.

1. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

GP Bikes has a huge potential.
    http://www.gp-bikes.com/
    Try the demo if you like simulators.
    Would love to see some kind of cooperation betwee Kunos and GT Bikes, regarding all aspects including graphics engine, laser scanned tracks, physics, VR support, etc.

Give them a call Setfano:cool:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    mantasisg 2 likes this.
  2. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  3. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

As someone who love riding even more than driving, a good bike SIM would interest me now that we have VR, maybe just using a controler with VR could be a step forward in trying to simulate what riding feels like.
    Can someone who is actually a rider recommend a decent VR bike SIM on PC.

4. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

It actually works with Oculus!
    Originally for another title but also works with GP Bikes.
    The menus appear on top, but the game runs ok.
    http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=3701.0
    The developer is involved in many projects.

Edit: Once you get used to it, this is the best VR experience.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  5. alex72

alex72 Alien

GP Bikes is awesome and i think the closest to real life bike simulation. Piboso develop great stuff.

6. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

bike sim could be interesting, but yeah, no way to simulate driver weight transfer, which is what the driving a bike is all about
    it could work to a degree, and would be interesting with something like HTC VIVE where you could move around to simulate driver weight shifting .. but yeah, who knows

7. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

For a professional bike rider body movement is instinctive and associated with the turning action. He doesn't even think about it he just thinks about turning. That's why I don't think it is really important to have that in a controller. To have that in body tracking would be interesting but not in a controller where movement coordination is not so natural.
    Bottom line setting body movement to auto seems perfectly ok as it is automatic for a real driver.

clear and blue and Cote Dazur like this.
  8. Kroegtijger

Kroegtijger Racer

No bikes please! AC is a car sim, not a bike sim.

Fat-Alfie, LeDude83, AmorFati and 2 others like this.
  9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Its also a flight sim

10. Kroegtijger

Kroegtijger Racer

Those are mods, so doesn't count!

11. Once up to speed (above say 10 mph) you don't turn by steering the bars. Well you kind of do but you need to steer the bars left to turn right (counter steer). That is only to help start the lean. Even then you wouldn't consciously think about it.

So basically - like driving a car - we only need 1 axis for steering. The one that makes the most sense for a bike is lean. So lean left to go left (counter steer is assumed to get the bike leaning).

12. I don't think it would happen but it would be awesome to have bikes in AC. Obviously wouldn't work with wheels but would be great with a controller. I'd love to see Kunos re-create the Isle of Man TT

13. Louizf

Louizf Racer

Balloons caused a lot of controversy already.:p
    At least they would fly well on AC... you know.. always sunny, no rain... *dodge from bullets*

14. Orne

Orne Alien

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, No !:rolleyes:

15. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Is there a controller for bikes ? GP-bikes got me

That Dev has decent taste of music, another good point.

I say AC doesn't need bikes, why should AC take this load on its shoulders, plus take something away from this, check out the features:

http://www.gp-bikes.com/?page=about

Definitelly gotta try, only if there is a bike controller in the market.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  16. NightEye

NightEye Alien

Yep there is:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...rcycles-a-possibility.2567/page-4#post-417208

Also, that comes from a thread that is more or less similar to this one. Everything has already been discussed :p

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  17. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I also think the complexity of a decent bike sim controller is a major problem. When a bike is controlled through body movements so much then that needs to be captured with g-sensors. Then you'd need something to sit on that will allow all these movements plus you'd want to hold on to a firm lever. I don't see how you could make that work on a reasonable budget and VR is also a must in this case.

How simple is a car sim in comparison! The wheel is just a great interface that allows for simming in the first place.

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  18. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

So there isn't any real good bike controller ? :(

I checked youtube found that there is something incredible, a fully leaning rigs. But that is not for mortals.

But yeah stuff is difficult. Even sitting position makes it worse, and FFB I don't even know what it is for bikes.

I don't think it should be difficult (for big companies) to make handle bar controller which would rotate around horizontal axis simulating the leaning, and having some turn around vertical axis at the same time. If there were real market manufacturers would be doing it.

There is something to do with feet too, right ? (I have no knowledge about bikes)

19. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

Yep, that's how I think about Milestone bike games (never tried GP Bikes yet). When I race my Triumph for real there is always a compromise between lean angle, brakes and throttle I'm managing, in order to make the best line around the circuit. That balancing act can be simulated on a PC quite well, even with just a decent (sensitive and no deadzone) gamepad. Fighting for position, line choices etc. can all be practiced on PC. The only thing you can't practice is the physical movement, but then we don't get neck strain in our simulated F1 cars either.

Force Feedback is a bit more tricky, but doesn't exists as much on a real bike either (compared to a car). Yes you feel the rear slide, Milestone does this pretty good with the rumble effect on the pad.

Way before AC release I sent them a mail once asking to consider bikes. They have great connections with manufacturers (KTM is present in game, Ducati is owned by Audi these days for example, BMW is present in game...) so getting a handful of sports bikes licenses shouldn't be that terrible hard.

20. NightEye

NightEye Alien

Well, it's not like you can lean with leaning over the handlebars. As it's been mentioned, you lean the bike into a corner using counter steering. Body position (is what most people think leaning is) is simply lowering your COG to take the corners faster. And as has been mentioned, too, that's second nature once you ride bikes. So it's not really worth simulating that.

@Stereo once had a bike in game, but I've never been able to drive for more than 20 feet. Physics just don't work as expected on a 2 wheeler, somehow :(