1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic COMMUNITY BLOG - 12TH SEP 2016

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AC_CM505, Sep 12, 2016.

1. My friend that answer is far from being a definitive position , however, only shows respect for Kunos by its customers and tells us to wait until they are analyzing the possibilities. Only this !!! ' It's good to say that I am not attacking or excessively charging the company , which would be very boring and therefore do not. Questions not offend and good answers should also be interpreted in this way. I hope you understand better what you meant . Big hug

2. EMW SMILER

EMW SMILER Hardcore Simmer

My own interpretation of AC's statement is that yes, private lobbies are possible - they have some stuff to work out - and then they will give us what they come up with.... am I wrong? I really don't think anyone will get more answers than we have. A few days and we will know - I for one, am eagerly awaiting the patch and all it holds, quietly frustrated, hoping .... just a little bit longer....
    Big hug u back

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    OS-ONLAINE-BR likes this.
  3. Perfect, I understand your interpretation of the response of Kunos and I want you to be right. If you want to do some clean racing just add me to your list of friends, runs every day after 22: 30h - Brazil - will be very welcome.

My PSN ID: OS-ONLAINE-BR

EMW SMILER likes this.
  4. krsht3

krsht3 Gamer

Are private lobbies possible on PC? Or is it those rented servers I heard about?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

5. degobiol

degobiol Gamer

PCs and consoles are completely different. A console can not be a server while it's a client. It's not make for that. By the other hand, a PC can be both in the same time (i mean good PCs). So on a PC you can host the server while you play with the client. So private/custom lobbies was not the priority for KUNOS, they didn't need to work on it.
    So today they have to make it from scratch... instead of asking "when" every day, maybe we can help them by giving what we really expect of custom lobbies ?
    I opened a thread to suggest what i would like to see, add what i forgot : https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/custom-lobbies-suggestions.37028/

6. L2D_Gopher

L2D_Gopher Racer

You can host and play on console also gran turismo has been doing it for a long time also call of duty did it we just have to wait and let the devs fix what they are trying to fix then maybe they can work on the private lobbies I'm sure that they have some sort of checklist of things they want to do and when it's time we will know more just my thoughts

OS-ONLAINE-BR likes this.
  7. krsht3

krsht3 Gamer

While I got the answer I'm looking for, there is nowhere where I pestered them for custom lobbies. What I want is to connect my shifter to my Base first, then Porsche the rest can follow

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

8. degobiol

degobiol Gamer

If you host a game server on your console, the other players go offline if you shutdown your console. I never played call of, but i'm sure GT don't work like that. When you "host" a game on GT, you create a game onto a dedicated SONY server, then if you shut your console or your game down, the second online onto this server become the "host". In this case, hosting is just a word to tell "I'm the boss of this room, i can chose parameters". But you're right, console should technically do it, but SONY didn't enable this function. The problem is, if the host got a slow internet connection, everybody on the server will got lags exept the host.

9. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Remember guys, Assetto doesn't use player to player connection like most other tittles on console, so what ever they are evaluating its going to be the servers that give them the biggest task of letting us Rent/host.

10. MGR

MGR Rookie

GT only used the PlayStation network for matchmaking. All races are P2P but they offer two methods. Mesh network or Star Network (known as 'fixed host' in the game).

Mesh network meant each client connects to every other client. One person is given host privileges. The theory is when the host disconnects, the host privileges are transferred to another player and the room continues. It also helps distribute the upload bandwidth requirements equally among all players. All sounds great, but with so many P2P connections it could also prove to be very unstable.

Fixed host was much more stable. But the host needed good upload bandwidth. And of course if the host shutdown, so did the room.

paul_wev, TeKnO-_-91 and degobiol like this.
  11. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

that is not going to be the case with Assetto, or at least i hope so. But that was interesting to read thanks :)

MGR likes this.
  12. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Surely if they have already set the online to server based connections with public servers wich is what we have right now on console, then they won't or shouldn't make it so if you want to drive in a private session that it's non server based? (p2p or something like) which means alot more latency and network issues than a fast server hosting a session.

13. Stefano talked of a plan during one of his Sunday livestreams where a user could basically take control of an empty server and configure it how they wanted; not sure if this is the route they will go but it would work much better than what you guys have currently. (of course pretty much anything is better than hoppers, but yeah)

It was in reference to PC when he talked about it, but the concept would actually be much better suited for the console situation.

Like I said, no idea if that is the route they will go, but he definitely considered it for PC.

L2D_Gopher likes this.
  14. [QUOTE = "Michael Hornbuckle, post: 754.885, membro: 309"] Stefano falou de um plano durante uma de suas livestreams de domingo, onde um usuário pode, basicamente, assumir o controle de um servidor vazio e configurá-lo como eles queriam; não tenho certeza se este é o caminho que vai, mas ele iria trabalhar muito melhor do que o que vocês têm atualmente. (Claro que praticamente qualquer coisa é melhor do que funis, mas sim)

Foi em referência ao PC quando ele falou sobre isso, mas o conceito na verdade seria muito mais adequado para a situação console.

Como eu disse, nenhuma idéia se esse é o caminho que vai, mas ele definitivamente considerado para PC. [/ QUOTE]

This is the way to reach a solution ... I find it entirely feasible . It would be heaven for everyone !!!

15. abies

abies Rookie

Hi

I have the problem that acceleration "stalls" - does not accelerate normally on my PS4. Don't know where else to post !!!

Please help !!!!

16. Abies, maybe you should try to do the calibration on the main menu of the game. Push the pedals until the end and the game calibrates .

paul_wev and TeKnO-_-91 like this.
  17. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

What do you mean? Not revving higher than X RPMs? Happened to me once with the 458, coming out of the 1st chicane at Monza. Couldn't rev past 5k RPMs and It kept going lower. I had to start the race all over again (playing with a DS4, by the way).

18. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Yes i find that helps alot and i noticed if i dont press pedals all the way at the main menu then i lock up pretty much all the time with just half pressure/distance used.

OS-ONLAINE-BR and paul_wev like this.
  19. IF RACING

IF RACING Rookie

Assetto corsa is number 1. Thanks guys

20. SickwititHD

SickwititHD Rookie

I could live without the private lobbies a little more if we could simply adjust the current public lobbies. I could have my league drivers all get into the same room if we could control the laps and start of the race. I think we can manipulate the start with the vote to restart sessions (as long as all league members are in the room). I'm not sure how and why this was not considered. I have AC on PC as well as Console and the was one of the first things I wondered about as well as communication between racers. They totally dropped the ball on this part of the game not to mention now we can race with some of our League members around the world. I part of www.seetheair.com and we have members all around the world so when I'm in a chat with a league member in Europe he telling me to go to this room @spa (example) with 10 out of 16 drivers in it. I cant see that room from my station in the US (as they have segregated the lobbies). He can send me an invite and sometimes ill get it and some time I wont... I find this strange? I hope someone can answer why this is. So I'm hoping if they cant do private lobbies in the near future at least let us modify some of the current lobbies and upon up lobbies globally. Please post your thoughts... Soon as we get a solution we plan on starting a championship with AC.