1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic COMMUNITY BLOG - 1ST SEP 2016

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AC_CM505, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Jim-lockyer

Jim-lockyer Gamer

This is awesome news.. most developers never reply to the community in a meaningful way. Can I add that whilst button mapping is being addressed can you also add the ability to map sequential shifters as buttons too if your not already doing it. I have a logitech h pattern modded for sequential so it's basically useless.. lapping the alfa 155 is a jaw dropping experience..but miss sequential gears. spend more time watching the replays than any other game cause it looks so damn good. Loving it. keep up the good work guys

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
    Hammerpgh likes this.
  2. Sherwin

Sherwin Rookie

I have no idea what some people are talking about. The graphics are real nice, physics is so lively engaging and feels more fun and real than project cars. it's got a few bugs but not as much as pcars did when launched. That's how I feel after just playing it for the first hour.

There is one issue I want to address that the game needs. It needs more setting like wheel sensitivity. Pedal sensitivity too. If those are added the game would be great. I'll cross my fingers and hope. If it happens I will buy the other add ins and won't be playing pcars for a while.

Aside from race tracks, the game would be more well rounded if it had a mountain pass track or back road.

Please include more settings first. Then maybe a mountain pass track.

pippo10, Skemekos123 and RoccoTTS like this.
  3. I love the game, but I can only do time trials because I am not that good. I did over 100 laps on first quick race and still finish last. I just wish easy was easier, I don't want to win all the time but I di want to be able to compete. Besides a difficulty update can anyone give me advice or a link where I can find out how to tune better or just learn to race better? Thanks for any help.

4. trevor0879

trevor0879 Rookie

This game has all the potential of being a great racing simulator as long as 505 can sort out the over difficult career and challenges. I do hope that the company can address these issues asap so that the community can enjoy this game for what it is. Looking forward to seeing a reply of when this update is to be released.

5. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

I dont bother with tuning at all(yet), and I get all golds on easy, so tuning is not necessary. Some races were quite hard to get gold and took many restarts. Some were very easy.
    Do you race with a wheel or controller? And do you run auto or manual transmission? Ive heard that auto transmission sucks and makes it really hard to compete.
    Some very basic tips I can give for racing better(assuming you are a complete beginner) :
    1] Use correct driving line. For the most part, you start from the outside, then turn into the corner and touch the inside of it, then when exiting the corner, drive to the outside again.
    2] Try not to lock your brakes. Apply pressure gradually rather than putting full pressure immediately. Use about 60% of your breaks just to slow the car down a bit on the straight before the corner, then really push on the breaks as you get close to the corner. Then begin turning.

I'm sorry I suck really bad at explaining, and you probably know these already.
    Here is a video that may help -

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
    dawg likes this.
  6. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Maybe you should be on the kunos team,,they could use a real gem like you. Not.

7. dawg

dawg Racer

Just practice, practice, practice, and then, again some more practice.

Today I finished 2nd with the Ferrari 458 GT2 (which is fairly easy to drive, I admit. Even with assists on Factory-setting. I'm guessing it's because the Ferrari has ABS and traction. Do start with an easy to drive car like this one.), on easy. It's hard for beginners like you, or me. But, keep trying. Look up some YT videos of how to drive a racing line, braking points, etc. It'll be rewarding when you start to overtake more and more. :)

Skemekos123 likes this.
  8. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Why haven't we purchased on console the latest PC version where most of these bugs have been put right. Just a very simple question ?

9. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Thanks for the support :)

10. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

This means a lot and you guys mean a lot to us! Thanks for the support!

Epistolarius, pippo10 and Skemekos123 like this.
  11. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Maybe you could be productive instead of being a smart mouth? Not. Maybe they should, perhaps it would benefit to have someone who has extensive console experience and actually plays their game on a regular basis with a regular group of people spread across the world on various input peripherals. Don't know but that kinda sounds like a good idea to me.

It's absolutely ruining my experience knowing that the clutch is engaged for paddle shift cars and I refuse to even use them until this is corrected or join paddle shift car exclusive lobbies, they can stall shifting from neutral to first gear whilst being idle which calls many aspects of the handling into question. There are tuning bugs that make the tuning application questionable or make tuning not possible. I could go on and on but I don't want to, all I want is the simple mistakes that are causing the biggest grief in terms of enjoyment on AC.

Kunos have a great sim underneath the clutter but there is a world of difference between PC and console versions which we know now and there is a world of difference between PC functionality and consoles in general so what may have worked fine on PC is struggling to make sense on console. I would really like to know how many things i've found are: previously addressed on PC version in patch, still existent on PC or a result of porting to console. It seems like there was plenty of copy and paste with very little testing. As a huge console racer/drifter that is part of an active team going on 5 years strong I have hopes that AC will succeed in becoming a competitor with the other current titles that dominate the genre, heck I want it to surpass both consoles' titles as healthy competition will up the standard of quality, there are just some things falling short of expectations and Kunos' reputation.

12. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Lmfao,,you calling me the smart mouth!

13. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

u a real mister know it all,, you words are pointless i and many others already know that the console version is s h i t compared to pc version at the moment. So just sid back read a book on how to loose freinds and alienate people, by the time you have finished there should be an update.

14. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Well then move along and don't let the door hit you on the way out. You and your many others should go back to your pc's were you belong and think it's so great.

It ain't bad it's just sim.... something I think you fail to understand or immerse in...

15. GatoSelvagem

GatoSelvagem Guest

Thank you to Kunos staff for this line of communication.

After spending some time with PS4/AC, AC's/PS4 FFB/physics are very close to what I remember on my PC.
    I had AC on PC, but PC failed mid-last year, short on funds, I purchased PS4 to run another "sim".

Much delighted Kunos kept AC's/PC FFB/Physics/Damage integrity on PS4 version…
    ...I'm sure the niggling details will come in time based on whats been done on PC version...
    ...even if it doesn't, the driving will keep me going, the road feel/inputs are great.

eSEA One likes this.
  16. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

you obviously don't know everything because 1 i'm on the console and 2 many others being the majority of us console owners,,stop acting like your an expert on sim racing, after all this is our first so called sim on the console. And yes i perfectly understand and manage to immerse in.....

17. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Yeah buddy ok, how does one be an expert? I've played just about every sim on pc, xbox and playstation for the last twenty years, been in the upper tier of leaderboards for multiple games and disciplines, used a steering wheel for about the last ten years and also studied aspects of computing in my free time. Beyond being a developer I don't see how much more of an expert one could be... Your statement about 'our first so called sim on console' proves you have no respect for previous titles and show bias towards either Kunos or PC, I don't care which, I just care about improving something that has that potential on the platform I prefer.

18. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

all the other tittles have been arcade or simcade on the console,,and what makes you think that your the only one who has had experience with other tittles? Please can we stop this silly argument and just be racers?

19. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

I'm not arguing, i'm trying to figure out how you determine a sim, please give me the true sim definition. I think that's just your opinion not supported by any game developer nor real sim player. I don't understand the part where I made the statement that I was the only one as you completely went off track it seems trying to make me look like I was holding myself on a pedestal above others? I'm not a racer, I play racing games among others and enjoy realism, that to me and just about every other sim player is what makes a game a sim.

20. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I'm joining this one, I'm giving free , sooooooo gentleman, shell we?

Pedal to the metal

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    TeKnO-_-91 likes this.