1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 content a little light

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by StephenJHayes83, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Who asked "brake squeal guy" anyway? Keep your nose out, sycophant..

2. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Delete my account. I'd do it myself if there was an option to. Probably buried in loads of complicated screens at a guess.

I'll say it again. Love the game.

You need to look at how you engage your public. Your attitude is incredible.
    If you can't accept someone else's opinion, you're a seriously flawed individual.

ppbucko and Pleite like this.
  3. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Careful, you're not allowed to join a discussion and add your opinion. It might upset the self proclaimed Lord of racing simulations.

Astral_Magi, ppbucko, MBK72 and 2 others like this.
  4. Snowman38

Snowman38 Hardcore Simmer

I had to google the definition of sycophant for this one. I'll have you note, I have not liked a single Kunos post in this thread (or ever, I believe). I also think that it is poor business practice, and he should definitely hire a person to be his buffer between the public and himself! But I gotta say, I've quite enjoyed reading him give his opinion on here, the same way others sometimes feel it's ok to give theirs.

Lol brake squeal guy, I like that! haha :cool:

mister dog, PhenOm, ppbucko and 2 others like this.
  5. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Almost as entertainment as watching you keep editing your post when you think of something else you think may be funny.

6. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Was so looking forward to the Porsche pack 2 as well.

7. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

My goat told me what it meant.

ppbucko likes this.
  8. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

That's like a restauranteur throwing a customer headlong out in the street cause he's not wearing bow tie at his classy place; that with everyone else seeing the action. Is it really necessary to dwell on words definition when no derogatory comment has been made against your excellent work? Do you need this negative exposition for that little? I wonder. Just to make it clear, I wish your business well and find your product fantastic.

paul_wev and ppbucko like this.
  9. You understand that this is totally unrelated with the issue here?

Let's try this, I'll treat you as a smart guy, let's see if you can get it. This is what you said:

"I don't believe there is any such thing as a "sim", not for mass-market home users anyway.
    Simply put, you cannot "simulate" with any accuracy what it is like to drive a real race car, without driving a real race car.
    You don't experience G-forces.
    You don't feel the car grip and lose grip. OK, you see it on screen, but you don't "feel" it.
    You don't feel your spine and teeth rattling on rutted apexes.
    "

Now, this has nothing to do with the word "sim". If you'd rephrase this as:

"Since I believe that G-Forces and fear is an essential part of a driving simulation, I don't believe there is any such thing as a "sim", not for mass-market home users anyway.
    Simply put, you cannot "simulate" with any accuracy what it is like to drive a real race car, without driving a real race car.
    You don't experience G-forces.
    You don't feel the car grip and lose grip. OK, you see it on screen, but you don't "feel" it.
    You don't feel your spine and teeth rattling on rutted apexes."

it would be an opinion that has a right to be respected, the opinion is in the first sentence: "Since I believe that G-Forces and fear is an essential part of a driving simulation".. everything that comes after that is just a derivation of that assumption. That is something that can be agreed or not agreed upon.. ie. an opinion.
    Saying that something is "not a simulation" because there are no gforces, is not an opinion, is a misunderstanding of the word simulation.
    A program that asks you with text "do you want to steer left or right?" then you type "left" and the program outputs "the car turns left" IS a simulation... fact
    The Simulation Level (TM) (pun intended :D) might satisfying or not satisfying your standards for simulation, but that's a totally subjective matter, thus, a "respectable opinion".. stating that is "not a simulation" is simply wrong.

Hope this clarify the misunderstanding. As pippo10 put it very well, there are simulations running in software simulating entire galaxies, the fact that they don't include bacteria life on planets make them not a simulation? Obviously not.

To come back to the game, you can love it, hate it, have whatever opinion you want on it.. I don't care, in a good way tho, I am interested in the feedback.. way more interested in negative feedback than positive just as any human interested in getting better at what I do... but this has nothing to do with the problem here.

Hopefully the question is more clear now.. if not.. I give up lol

ingrobny, liakjim, paul_wev and 3 others like this.
  10. Snowman38

lol, I added "this has officially become the most entertaining thread ever".
    It's not my fault you're watching this thread like a hawk right now. Just let it all go, man.. who cares. Take the panties off, put on your big boy pants, and let's sort this out on the track :cool:
    Nothing wrong with a little back and forth.. but there's no need to actually get hurt feelings on here. (not that you have hurt feelings, I mean for all of us.)
    We all clearly love cars, and the sport of racing, let's just agree on that and move forward. (if there was a handshake emoticon here, I would use it) ;)

Let's race!

paul_wev and stefanoCasillo like this.
  11. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Well done, you finally entered the conversation in a mature manner. Albeit after calling me a goat and threatening to kick me off the forum (by the way, please still do).
    Like you say, it's subjective, it's opinion. We agree. Hurrah! Isn't life great when we all get along in a forum that brings people together with a shared passion of Italian cars and motor racing?
    You chose to respond in the first instance with an aggressive tone and insults.
    I'll put that down to Italian passion. Nothing wrong with that at all.

paul_wev likes this.
  12. lol I give up... I gave you my best shot tho.. I swear :D :D :D
    peace

13. Dyr_gl

Dyr_gl Racer

Yes, and Nintendo users are idiots too.

Oh wait, wrong forum! Sorry guys, this is all so similar to the good olĀ“ PCARS forum peak days that I got carried away :p

14. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Couldn't agree more :)
    You were definitely wrong about that brake squeal though mate.... :)
    (runs and hides)

paul_wev, ppbucko and Snowman38 like this.
  15. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

You have got to admit though, that brake squeal thread was one of the best on here, over 100 replies. Lol pure quality.

Snowman38 and MBK72 like this.
  16. ingrobny

ingrobny Gamer

Oh god what a turn this thread has taken and it's way off topic :oops:, but a driving simulator can be used for training and for entertainment, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars or Gran Turismo is not as advanced like professional training driving simulator, because they are made for entertainment and it's not easy to try to fit something like this in our livingroom:

1280px-SIMUVEG.JPG

but those games are still driving or racing simulators, this is what wikipedia says about sim racers:

Sim (simulated) racing is the collective term for computer softwares that attempt to accurately simulate auto racing, complete with real-world variables such as fuel usage, damage, tire wear and grip, and suspension settings.[1] To be competitive in sim racing, a driver must understand all aspects of car handling that make real-world racing so difficult,[2] such as threshold braking, how to maintain control of a car as the tires lose traction, and how properly to enter and exit a turn without sacrificing speed. It is this level of difficulty that distinguishes sim racing from "arcade" driving games where real-world variables are taken out of the equation and the principal objective is to create a sense of speed as opposed to a sense of realism.[3]

With the development of online racing capability, the ability to drive against human opponents as opposed to computer AI is the closest many will come to driving real cars on a real track. Even those who race in real-world competition use simulations for practice or for entertainment.[6] With continued development of the physics engine software that forms the basis of these sims, as well as improved hardware (providing tactile feedback), the experience is becoming more realistic.

Driving simulators are used for entertainment as well as in training of driver's education courses taught in educational institutions and private businesses. They are also used for research purposes in the area of human factors and medical research, to monitor driver behavior, performance, and attention and in the car industry to design and evaluate new vehicles or new advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS).

Search for Gran Turismo and GT Academy and you will find young people who started with Gran Turismo and completed the GT Academy and are now professional racing drivers like Jann Mardenborough, from wikipedia:

Mardenborough had not seriously raced prior to entering GT Academy. Mardenborough's rise is unusual because up until 2011 at the age of 19 he had never seriously competed in motorsport.[4]

In 2011 Mardenborough participated in the GT Academy; he beat 90,000 other entrants and won the competition,[5]and the prize for his victory was a drive with Nissan at the Dubai 24 Hour. He scored third in his class.[2] In 2012 Mardenborough competed in the British GT Championship. Together with Alex Buncombe he won a race and ended the season in sixth place in the GT3 championship. Moreover, he took part in four rounds of the Blancpain Endurance Series.

So in my opinion you can use driving or racing simulation games to get some understanding about how to drive and race cars and use it in the real life.

paul_wev likes this.
  17. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

I repeat, all this for the definition of a word. The worst of it is you don't come across only as an arrogant, but as a religious zealot in the worst possible sense. For all I care, my account can also be removed. As long as I can keep a copy of the game I'm ok. Truth be said, your inexcusable conduct hasn't made me lose a bit of respect for your product and still crave even for dlcs; I know how base human behaviour can be and your incredible product should not be penalized for your way of being.

I'm not a sociable fellow as well and, for that matter, I try to keep away from human interaction as much as possible. This forum is the only social stuff I'm on for sheer interest in the product. But I see even this was a mistake cause, as a hater of fanaticisms, it seems I've come to a wrong place.

I've no doubt you're a smart fellow, only you're not that smart at dealing with people and, for that reason, should avoid getting involved in situations that would make your temper flare. Besides, regardless of how much you like people, everyone should deserve your respect. I don't like people and don't mistreat anyone for that matter, ever! Calling people goats is not the way to go, even when they deserve it, which clearly wasn't the case here. Creating all this havoc for the definition of a word should be considered as non smart, although your technical knowledge seems to be unquestionable.

Please, do cancel my account and, again, congratulations on AC.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  18. Snowman38

Where's the tip hat emotion lol

:tiphat:

19. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

I hate to have to break this to you all but you've just failed to win the Loebner Prize in Artificial Intelligence because @Plato99 is rumoured to be an AI bot sent to fool humans through random discussion. You'll probably see some irony in an AI bot choosing the subject of simulation as the topic for this test. Who needs the Turing Test, after all, quite a good game that too but no simulation.

I've refunded DCS World on Steam because I just realised even in VR I'm not actually going upside down and therefore it's not a simulator. :D;) Though I remember when real military flight simulators were a huge building size scale map with a camera 'flying' across the map. I'll take today's sims thanks.

If you want a chuckle, look at this, how far we've come in such a short space of time.

For me, AC feels so close to a real track experience especially in VR, the lack of rules and flags bother me more than the lack of G-forces.

An early contender for best thread of 2017, I'm assuming brake squeal won 2016? Brilliant read, glad I got the heads up to read this one.

ppbucko, Snowman38 and ingrobny like this.
  20. Snowman38

Oh please let there be awards! I would 100% proudly display that one on my living room wall!

ppbucko and MBK72 like this.