1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 content a little light

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by StephenJHayes83, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Maybe Our majestic Lord can do without His royal guard. No drama intended, only an expression of repulsive bewilderment. As to burning bridges, it can all be dynamited for all i care; I was new to this forum and was liking the overall friendly environment of it until the bad example came from that Sire. I don't need and don't care for this forum; I can get info about AC elsewhere. Thanks for your concern; now you can go back to Your Majesty's.

Note, answering your unecessary remark doesn't mean getting into an argument; I hate this rubbish, as you may have noticed.
    P.S. - Am I still alive?[/QUOTE]

For someone claiming not to be interested in forum hazzle, you are still quite involved.
    Have a nice day!

paul_wev and ingrobny like this.
  2. another one who gets it. Why is it always the same guys I wonder?
    All the others still think we're trying to decide what is what and get offended if the result is not what we expected.
    Communication is hard, much harder when people won't even try to read and understand what's going on.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  3. For all the "morituri" who think somebody will care about their suicidal notes. Bye. In 20 years of internet I've seen people throwing tantrums like these almost daily, I also had my own a couple of times. Word of wisdom: get over yourself, nobody cares. You want it out? Get out, is that simple, you don't need anybody to delete your accounts.. just go, literally nobody cares nor will notice.
    It's a VIDEOGAME SUPPORT forum FFS! Get over yourselves

WallyM, Eero, paul_wev and 7 others like this.
  4. Jan Duin

Jan Duin Gamer

Almost weekend! Cheers.. :cool::)

paul_wev, Snowman38 and ingrobny like this.
  5. ingrobny

ingrobny Gamer

For me it sounds like you want to start a new argument, but i will ignore it, in forums it will always be other members we don't like, but the best solution is to ignore them, say what you want, if someone is attacking you personally, just ignore them, leave the thread before getting involved in a big argument or take a break from the forum and if you want to leave, just leave without the drama.

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  6. ingrobny

ingrobny Gamer

And we console owners is getting closer and closer to the release of the red pack and porsche pack 2, the content in AC is getting less light next week :).

7. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

cutting your nose off to spite your face? gg, well played

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  8. Snowman38

Snowman38 Hardcore Simmer

This thread is feeling like a good ol fashion pub.. I'm gonna hang over here with you lot :D

ppbucko, paul_wev, ingrobny and 2 others like this.
  9. Snowman38

Snowman38 Hardcore Simmer

Maybe to bring a bit of comical relief to this thread, but also because I think it's great!... @AC_CM505 could I have my username changed, please, to "brake_squeal_guy"?
    That would be awesome! Thank you :cool:

10. River Ruckus

River Ruckus Simracer

Oh my. How sad; this purely semantical misunderstanding could have been resolved in a few posts. Let me outline: the readers of Plato´s clearly unscientific post could have just added the words "percentage of" to the word "simulation" in their head, his views would have made sense then. Plato on the other hand could have looked up "simulation" in a dictionary (as so many here have dearly suggested) and seen where he went wrong (yes I said it, wrong) in his statement. Again, this is purely a semantical problem, as in: words have certain pre-defined meanings everyone has to agree upon before a constructive argument can take place. Plato even mentioned that he might have a different definition of the word "simulation". Well, mate: If I say "chair" but I mean "lamp", nobody will understand what I´m talking about if I tell them to turn off the chair. Sounds stupid, but it is an integral part of communication, and language for that matter, which is emphasized by the fact that English isn´t everybody´s native language on these forums. A little courtesy and tolerance would have gone a long way here, from both sides. Shame on you. And you.

Lewis Hamilton on simulators:
    "I don't drive the simulator a lot because it's not at its best at the moment - we're working on trying to make it better, [...] I don't do a lot of time in simulators. When I was at McLaren we did way too much. [...] I could spend £100 on a PlayStation and learn the same amount."

11. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Oh yes, please @AC_CM505 make this name change for Snowman, awesome. That thread should always be remembered and this is the perfect memorial. :):)

paul_wev, ppbucko, ingrobny and 2 others like this.
  12. you're right. I could have handled things in a more mature way.. the guy's reluctance to even attempt to understand what we were trying to say got on my nerves big time. Sorry about that.

Kondor999, WallyM, Eero and 9 others like this.
  13. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Holy ****. Where did you come from?

Astral_Magi likes this.
  14. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

You've said it all! Great post, positively great!

15. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Thanks for acknowledging you were also to blame for all this nonsense. There are moments that stretching things does more harm than good. I had seen you being interviewed (YouTube) and you never sounded/looked as arrogant as you seemed to be here; quite the opposite. Now it's clear it was all a product of misunderstanding mixed up with passion, that led to this highly inflamable turn of events.

You're dead right when you say that walking away from this forum is just an irrelevant personal decision (it in fact is!) as I'm sure there are far more productive things to be done than keep on typing on a forum or the likes of it - facebook, etc (my opinion).

But I'm glad to hear you say you're sorry for having contributed to the mess. This is closer to the guy I saw in the interviews and, believe it your not, the way people figure you are could have an impact on how much they like your product (even if you say you don't mind it, I'd bet you do) - we know humans are far from being a perfectly rational machine and, you know, these things count.

Thanks for this good finale!

paul_wev likes this.
  16. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

Sure what you havin' ? I was just gettin' the shots in?

T300rs, t3pa with Bodin load cell brake conversion, t8ha, ps vr

MBK72, Snowman38 and ingrobny like this.
  17. Rob capewell

Rob capewell Simracer

Hope nobody feels bad about their input here... just a misunderstand on what's a definition and what's a opinion, i'm pretty sure most driving (racing) games simulate driving (racing) to some degree.

Anyways... great little forum this, full of PRAISE and GRUMBLE but plenty more besides.

Also... i know these turbulent threads aren't for everybody but i enjoy them, very entertaining! :)

ingrobny and Snowman38 like this.
  18. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Make sure they are expensive ones please because the cheap ones have already caused a few issues. ;):)

ingrobny and paul_wev like this.
  19. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Ditto. Big ditto. But I didn't resort to calling you a goat for it. I would never do that to my customers. Big no-no.

20. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Butting the boot in doesn't help you here...
    Your "opinion" was too way off.