1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Custom button mapping is awesome (update 1.15)

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Mattbeastblood, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Much like the Cockpit view adjustment feature they've added, they've successfully implemented one of the PC versions best features. In one way it's actually better than the PC versions implementation.

You're able to map 2 functions to one button. (I'm pretty sure you can't do that on PC)

Many of the functions you can map like turbo, handbrake, headlights, etc. are rarely ever all on one car. Road cars will have handbrakes and headlights while not having brake bias controls or turbo, many race cars will be vice versa so you can often get away with mapping 2 functions to one button if you think about it.

Some of the preset configurations already had this, and luckily you can also do it with your own presets.

Also, you can save/name your own presets and it will show the same diagram so that's a nice touch.

Great job Kunos. I'm really impressed.

Always hoped for this feature and it's better than I ever expected.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals When I was in custom button mapping. Unable to exit the settings window. No buttons can be exited. I Apr 5, 2019
    Console Lounge Custom button mapping with Thrustmaster F1 wheel Sep 15, 2017
    Console Lounge any news on: custom button layouts?? Dec 28, 2016
    Suggestions Feature Request: Custom Controller Button Mapping Dec 5, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions PS4 custom wheel button setup problem! Sep 4, 2016
    Suggestions Customise buttons option Aug 28, 2016
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Again, a discussion about Lexus custom liveries Apr 1, 2024
    ACC General Discussions Warn people about Customs charges on new merch Mar 25, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Full custom GT3 grid Mar 19, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Running ACS.EXE with Arguments for Custom Races Oct 19, 2023
    ACC General Discussions New LFM Custom BOP on the making! Sep 7, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Custom resolution for 48" 4K TV May 17, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Can´t race sigle make race on offical liveries mixed custom ones Apr 6, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Content Manager CSP ( Custom Shaders Patch ) error. Mar 19, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Custom race configuration Jan 30, 2023

3. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Sorry to disappoint you, but when you go racing, you will find it doesn't work. In Hybrid cars for example, if you set traction control to a different button than the Hybrid functions, it wont work either.

So it's pretty useless.

4. ceeece

ceeece Rookie

How does the mapping 2 functions to one button work? When I did it for Look back (triangle) and KERS (triangle) it did both at the same time. Or it would chose one function over the another. It's really buggy IMO.

5. Jon Legg

Jon Legg Racer

I'm disappointed that you can't set buttons for up and down increment for things like turbo, ABS & TC, still only has a cycle function ☹️

SlimCharles likes this.
  6. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

No, when you set two functions to the same button, both functions perform when you hit that button. It would be helpfull if button mapping would really work (in hybrid cars you can not set traction control and abs even if they are on independent buttons) because that way you can save space by putting together functions that doesn't interfere each other (lights/Voting and horn/hud) or create several configurations depending the car.

The next step should have been able to switch on the keyboard. But the button mapping doesn't even work, so Kunos will have to take care of that first before adding keyboard support.

Mattbeastblood likes this.
  7. Well that's why like I said you have to map 2 things that won't be used at the same time. Either that or something like look back that won't mind pressing real quickly. You could have Drs and look back be the same button ( personally, I set look left to L2, look right to r2 and pressing both at once let's you look behind, which is a nice feature imo)

8. Exactly. You understand what I meant and how Kunos did it with the g29 preset.

I don't know what you mean by it not working though. It all worked for me. Maybe it's a bug with your wheel. The g29 preset worked too. I was using that for months and the double mapped functions always worked.

I am on PS4 5.00 beta 5 but that shouldn't affect it

Keyboard support would be cool, but personally Id rather map 2 functions to one button so I don't have to plug in my keyboard. Would be good to have both and button box support

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  9. flyingcarrot

flyingcarrot Hardcore Simmer

This is all good but how about pedal mapping in my case. I just bought the g920 and the brake pedal is so stiff I wanted to map the clutch pedal to brake so I can brake much better. F1 2017 allows this, so I hope they add it to AC too.

Dont want to open up the g920 pedals just yet!

Sent from my Y6 Max using Tapatalk

10. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

11. Soberts

Soberts Rookie

Has anyone found an issue where when you map the handbrake to either of the LB/RB buttons (i.e the steering wheel flappy paddles) it just doesnt work.......but it works when you use any of the other buttons??

12. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Hybrid cars have been borked since day 1 (La Ferrari excluded) :( I really hoped this update would sort them out...

Lewisxbone and SlimCharles like this.
  13. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Why Laferrari? It's the only hybrid car that works like a normal one.

edit: Ok, Im dumb and I didn't notice that you said "excluded" (I thought you said included) :D

Scuderia Paul likes this.
  14. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

How about people post a list of their recommended button mappings?

paul_wev likes this.
  15. Mike Jones

Mike Jones Gamer

Yes, that would be really helpful. Just list which wheel [t300, etc].

paul_wev likes this.
  16. That's as designed though. It's not a bug of the update.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  17. Sure. Please note that I do not have Look Behind mapped because I simply press R2 (look right) and L2 (look left) at the same time to do it instead (you look behind when you press them both at the same time, similar to GTA back in the day).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

It's a bug or an issue. 919, P1, 919... all have selectable traction control and ABS. In PC you can change them.

Reinart86 likes this.
  19. Another really awesome thing about this update is that you can change the controls, and the advanced controls while racing. That is actually a huge deal for anyone trying to dial in the best FFB or dualshock controller settings. Before you had to exit out to the main menu. Now you just gotta hit pause.

Another feature that the PC version doesn't have too :)

pippo10 likes this.
  20. Mike Jones

Mike Jones Gamer

Well spotted, I hadn't noticed this. So do changes made to FFB in pause menu save per car, or globally?

Mattbeastblood likes this.
  21. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

No image?