1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

December 31st Gift From Kunos

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by chris mckean, Dec 25, 2013.

1. chris mckean

chris mckean Gamer

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [ACC][PC] ACRL 6 Hours of Silverstone | 5th December | Multiclass GT3 & GT4 | acrlonline.org Nov 26, 2020
    Screens & Videos December, 2019. What currently is the best VR? Dec 9, 2019
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ZARL (South Africa) - ACC 3 Hour Endurance Race - 8 December 2019 Nov 6, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Ford Transit event at Brands Hatch 11th December Dec 7, 2018
    PlayStation 4 Discussions latest update pc had end of december. Feb 3, 2018
    Chit Chat Room The Grand Tour Season 2 - 8th December. Trailer Nov 4, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Brands hatch preview. dlc 3 december 15 Dec 4, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds [read me] some known issues and workarounds [last update: 11 december] Nov 9, 2013
    PlayStation 4 Discussions PSR Assetto Corsa Cup - Sunday 31st May - Laguna Seca - Mazda MX-5 Cup May 20, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Your prediction for the big announcement dec 31st Dec 27, 2014

3. Pretend you didn't see it, after all that has happened in the last 24 hours I would be rightly surprised if it is still true...but yes, Marco did write that.

4. F1lover

F1lover Hardcore Simmer

I hope it is true....

5. chris mckean

chris mckean Gamer

Guess we just have to wait and see what happens then! Could do with something to ruin my social life for New Year.
    The Nords announcement wasn't a Christmas ruiner (real word?) for me. Now Multiplayer, that would've done it!! :eek::eek::)

6. UOPshadow

UOPshadow Gamer

Please no. After yesterday I don't want to see what some people will do if it isn't what they expect it to be. More butthurtness, more complains and moaning? I really don't want to see that.

The greatest gift to me is the relentless time and effort this little team puts into AC. And yah, I'm pretty pleased how they handle things. I exactly know what I will get and they react on the input of the community nearly immediately. And after all that their beta product seems more mature than many other efforts of simrace gaming.

cc570, Darren Blythe, HackMac and 2 others like this.
  7. rampagebke

rampagebke Rookie

whatever it is guys,don't get hyper,anything that comes from Kunos is well received.

8. It is a car, guys. I hope it's the F1 Ferrari, i know a lot to ask :), though i won't be dissapointed if it's something else, this is just a nice bonus we're getting.

Marco Massarutto:

9. Brett

Brett Gamer

That would be great Sesto :) No matter what it is I think everyone will appreciate it as long as it isn't hyped to death like the Nordschleife DLC announcement.

10. r3ck0n

r3ck0n Racer

I'd call it major disappointment after getting hyped to all hell for a week.
    Only rookie sales kids with no experience in "selling something" would over hype something like KUNOS just did with the Nordschliefe announcement.

It's a FANTASTIC piece of news!! BUT the way it was delivered was why people are feeling like they got let down.

I.E.: "Honey, when I look at you, time stands still"
    "Ma'am, your face would stop a clock"

Both statements say the exact same thing, but which one would you use?

The news would have been MUCH better "served" with a small tease, and then pop the wonderful news

You don't need to over hype that you got a date with the prettiest girl in town, just show up with her.

Right?

So I personally hope that KUNOS learns a little about "the pitch" and "the delivery" and starts using those tools to their advantage.

"Under Promise and Over Deliver" is something I hope KUNOS makes a sign and hangs it in their office for all to see

11. plaid

plaid Alien

New Feature with 4.5:
    -Growing grass.

[​IMG]

Seriously, I hope for a direct opponent for the Hyuria, so a streetlegal hypercar.
    street-zonda would be cool, too.
    Whatever, it only needs to be fast and no Lotus, for me.

GothaR likes this.
  12. What "people" would you be talking about excatly? The list of disappointed "people" is so short that their money wouldnt keep Kunos' office in coffee for a single day.

Stefano Casillo
    ‏@KunosStefano 22. dec.

@LorenzooWeb @Valbuena72 no.. we're done for software releases for this year. I think next update is going to be mid january.

Maybe its skins or car upgrade.

13. TTM

TTM Alien

I posted this to racedepartment.com, but this comes to my mind.. Gift to community= Modding tools. ;)

GothaR, Patrik Marek and Montesky like this.
  14. plaid

plaid Alien

Arent they clearly confirmed for 1.o?

BTW: In the past there was once mentioned that the 2013 version of the Glickenhaus P4/5 will come.

15. modding tools will not be released until version 1.0...this has been confirmed many times and with sound reasoning....things can and will change from update to update...modders would get upset if they are weeks into a project and find out that because of something changed in an update they have to scrap weeks worth of work and start anew.

please use common sense while getting yourselves hyped to all hell and back.

16. Skybird

Skybird Alien

The gift is that they finished early and all missing content will be released during the fireworks going off!

17. TTM

TTM Alien

Oh, i have been missed that announcement..

Btw there is still many templates to release.. Helmet, gloves, suit etc. :)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
    Bailey likes this.
  18. UOPshadow

UOPshadow Gamer

Well, I don't really know where the problem is. It's not unusual to create a little mystery with your marketing...when some people aren't reasonable and expect things which aren't feasable, it says more about the people than about Kunos marketing. No?

I for one hope that people will be a little more realistic with their expectations in the future. Some reactions to the DLC weren't really what I expect from so called "grown ups". Instead of blaming Kunos they should look at themselves.

After two big polls you could have almost guessed it.

Chris, paulieGTR, kalabaleek and 3 others like this.
  19. [​IMG]
    This is the gift, enough?

cstibikeee, xyr and Marco Bardelli like this.
  20. chris mckean

chris mckean Gamer

I don't really care what their gift will be to be honest, everything so far has been amazing and there's already more content than I have time to explore properly. I've been a hardcore rfactor racer for many years and never really race anything but multiplayer. To Kunos' credit I've logged 65 hours of Hotlapping so far but I'd love to have my Xmas/New Year ruined by being able to race with you all. My post about Nords isn't any kind of complaint and not meant to incite a riot. I'll be right on that pre order when it's available!!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
    paulieGTR and UOPshadow like this.
  21. Bill

Bill Gamer

I'd say it is ;)