1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Do pop-up lights affect ae86 and miata in the game?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by jiaoshouxu, Jul 10, 2017.

1. LilSki

LilSki Alien

Me personally in a game where you never actually have to use the headlights I don't see the point. Dev time could be spent elsewhere if you ask me.

Mogster and Orne like this.
  2. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

2 scenarios I use the headlights:
    - to have illuminated dials, in many cars the dials are hard to read with lights off
    - to flash the headlights to an opponent (lapped drivers, complain about unfair moves)

acespizee likes this.
  3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

If it were complicated, I'd agree, but Stefano said it's fairly easy, I don't see why not. ;)

Dookie likes this.
  4. LilSki

LilSki Alien

So if we were racing you would be OK with going slower to see the car gauges, than me who never uses the car gauges and will never have the lights on?

5. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

One reason I said it's not so important.

And if it adds drag, then I might turn them off.

6. jiaoshouxu

jiaoshouxu Rookie

I think it will be really useful in touge racing though....

7. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

Yes please.

8. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

I probably don't need to chime in again, but I'd vote yes again. (I kinda have to since I started a thread on the subject a few weeks back, no?) Bear in mind I spend 99.95% of my AC time modding physics and I've never even joined a MP server, so I'm focused heavily on making my cars more realistic and not really at all on MP racing. However, since this almost exclusively effects road cars, I think its impact on "serious" MP racing will be minimal.

garyjpaterson and menos | M6 like this.
  9. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

So, in response to this...

I started thinking about my 944, a pop-up headlight car, and if memory serves it was no different than any other car in that you could turn on the dash/accessory lights without turning on the headlights. Pretty sure those only pop up in the final position... So there's a tidy way to compromise and solve this dilemma: in pop-up headlight cars, make the lights cycle through 3 stages (off/dash lights on/all lights on) rather than just on/off as it is now, with the lights remaining "down" in the first 2 stages. In addition to solving the problem presented here, it adds +1 to everyone's simulation value. We all win. :D

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  10. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

Yes of course. The second position also turns on the parking+tail lights. :)

I wonder if any manufacturer will ever use pop-ups again? They're a completely pointless and unnecessary complexity, but nostalgia is a powerful marketing tool. I'll bet when kids of the 1980's are old codgers, we will see some. (Hey we're almost there! :eek: )

11. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I think the two reasons they aren't used any more are drag and crash safety.

Both are really important things for new cars today, so I don't see a chance for them to be used again.
    Have a look at the video WallyM posted on the previous page.

aphidgod likes this.
  12. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Thanks for getting involved in the discussion @Lord Kunos , much appreciated :)

Maybe I am doing something wrong as I haven't heard anybody else mention having this issue:

I have a button bound on my wheel to CRTL+L as I often need to toggle driver names on and back off again during a MP race (if somebody is doing something naughty or just to see who is who).

The problem is that this also toggles the lights on and off (which is the L key). Is it possible to toggle driver names without looking like I am either madly flashing lights at the guy in front or asking the guy behind to pass me? This little niggle also prevents me from supporting adding aero effects to pop up lights, as I am constantly turning them on and off without wanting to; thus I would be unwittingly at an aero disadvantage.

If CTRL+L could toggle driver names without toggling the lights then I would say yes implement it, but as it is I can only implore you not to do so.

13. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Change the KB binding for the lights.
    But yeah, default setting for driver names and lights is a bit annoying.

14. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Doh! For some reason I had it in my mind that those keyboard hotkeys were hard bound, thanks mate :)