1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Driving in FormulaAbarth

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Gray Fox, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Gray Fox

Gray Fox Gamer

Above all say it is the best simulator I've had in life. Thank you very much for making us enjoy this simulator.
    I've never tried a formulaabarth, but the feeling is Assetto Corsa a total grip. Looking on youtube see it's a hard drive:

Aris, Could you explain that in Assetto Corsa is so different in this video? sure you have the answer. ;)

Laccoo likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds All AI cars on all tracks are driving 50 mph during race! Jan 14, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds cant get my standard Interior driving view Nov 15, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Your personal Driving Coach Oct 6, 2023
    ACC Tools Your personal Driving Coach Oct 6, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Kyalami 100%: AI over-driving Leeukop May 28, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 Fatal Error at random times during driving Apr 22, 2023
    ACC Physics Zero / extremely light FFB when driving straight ACC v1.9.0 Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Hotlap Session - start driving and TC and ABS changes Mar 23, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game briefly freezes and shows the setup screen during driving Feb 13, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues I look like I'm driving underground to other people Dec 21, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting screen microfreezing while driving Dec 19, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions FFB Logitech G29/920 driving GT3 vs GT4 Oct 1, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting driving with another ai car instead of my own after replay Aug 23, 2022
    ACC User Interface When using the FocusPlayerCar Hotkey whilst not driving in team races, hotkey doesn't work Jul 16, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Menu button "up" being pressed constantly when driving under 10km/h Jun 21, 2022

3. Slave1

Slave1 Hardcore Simmer

This car is just Awesome in everyway :)

I love the grip levels even if it isnt real, its more than close enough for me, check the stearing angles on this video its nearly exactly the same.

In that video you posted, who knows what setup the guy was running, but if you had that in the game everyone would complain about not being able to control the car.

4. me too... don't know how close this is to real, but
    it's the best formula car i've ever tried in a sim!

5. Si3v

Si3v Graphic Lead Artist Staff Member KS Dev Team

I saw the same video on RD. I answered there, if my words are not enough (at the end I'm not the physics guy), and time permitting, Aris will be happy to close this case of too grip.

6. Mirage01

Mirage01 Gamer

Can you post your answer here? The AC car seems to lack the 'punch' of the real car judging from the videos. It just seems very flat to drive, around, like it has no power at all.

7. Si3v

"Guys, we have "THE" formula Abarth, 20 meters under our offices several times every year. We use AC one to prepare newbies and to train veteran drivers. We had access to any kind of data that exist, and the telemetry (at vallelunga, same track) says that our DOES it on the same way: second gear, full throttle, no dangers, full grip...
    Laptimes are difficult to compare. Before driving the real one, Instructors brainwash drivers on how much does cost to even scratch one, how much to bend a suspension arm ecc ecc
    But you don't know how many times we could literally overlap telemetries...
    You have to live with it."

8. Mirage01

Mirage01 Gamer

What you said still does not explain the discrepancy we see with the real life video of the car sliding around when driven very hard and over the limit. I would suggest that having accurate telemetry is only half the puzzle, and a car can still have unrealistic handling, while matching raw telemetry numbers.

Look at the 50 second mark of the video and massive drift he holds exiting the last corner. You can't do that in AC with that car, it is stuck to the ground.

Eryk03 likes this.
  9. Si3v

ok... Thanks for your observations.

10. Funny that I could do that...

11. Mirage01

Mirage01 Gamer

12. P38wannabe

P38wannabe Rookie

turn the traction control off and it gets tail happy like it should, still has plenty of grip but then again I have never driven in real life one of these but with plenty of down force and slicks it should be more "grippy" then say the xbow

13. Josefhead

Josefhead Racer

did you watch the video you posted? it looks quite cold.. (I mean the ambience temperature and so the track temperature)

also do we know the setup and tires in the video?

Chevalier D'Harmental likes this.
  14. nijeat

nijeat Simracer

I think that the video could be a special case, for example below video, formula ford.

It looks very unstable and tricky throughout braking, turning and accelerating, but in most cases almost formula ford compared to the rest of videos shows that is as stable than we think. I'm not sure yet how close the formula abarth in AC is to real though anyway the heavy oversteers in the video could be not in common case.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  15. Either y'all ain't got your wheel settings proper, or you're not driving hard enough. This thing is is pretty danged close to the video to me.

16. Mirage01

Mirage01 Gamer

The AC abarth does not seem to require any 'balancing' on the limit. You just push as hard as you want. In the videos they are balancing the car on the edge. The difference seems quite clear regardless of the data apparently matching. I don't expect the car to be really hard to drive, but it should require some skill and car control.

17. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Formula ford = no wings
    Formula abarth = plenty of downforce

Another tip = try to close (higher value) differential on load (power) in the setup page.

18. Danny Giusa

Danny Giusa Simracer

Sorry, even when it ment to be usefull, but you are compairing a over 10 years old formula car with something that is state of the art.
    Wings and a carbon fiber monocoque make such a huge differenace to a car, that you can't compare them.

I drove some formula könig (metal frame monocoque) and formula renault 2.0 (carbon fiber monocoque) and the formula abarth in AC is really close to my real life formula experience.
    Formula cars have tons of grip, but getting to the edge of the car, they get very agressive, you just jumping from on the edge to over the edge in fractions of a seconds and to handle this is the benchmark for any good driver.

I think a quite big amount of people have the opinion that racing cars are pretty hard to handel, but this is not the case.
    As a race driver you have to go as quick as possible and a car which is easy to drive makes your job much more comfortable, so you are able to focus on your drive and not on holding the car on track.

StinkySQL likes this.
  19. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

Just to clarify that i'm in love with Assetto Corsa, but when driving over hugh curbs (Imola small chicane) i think the car reaction is not realistic at all because it seems like it don't let you go until car is fully connected to the ground again...

20. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

Tottally agree with Danny, those who are saying they can't make the car slide, it's too grippy, etçª, i bet they've never doing it in their lives. Cars are safe, mostly understeery, if they were made to slide for sure thousands of deaths would happen on our roads. Don't think rFactor2 simulates real life physics for example because at 100 km's/h on a large corner the car slides like hell on slick tires with race springs like it was on ice and that's just stupid, not even my road car does that!! Just shut up and enjoy the game with the best physics ever made, that recreate a real car behaviour...

21. nijeat

nijeat Simracer

No that's not my point.
    My point to say is that just one case one video can't represent a whole charicteristic of that, and the formula ford video was a example.
    OK here's another video of formula ford and you'd find more at youtube. In fact, most formula ford videos I've seen so far despite no wings show that it is not as unstable as we think. And I mean the video quoted by gray fox could be a special case, given the heavy oversteers, that's my point.