1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Eyeballpaul's Fortnightly Challenge

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Paul Davidson, Apr 8, 2014.

1. iVG

iVG Alien

Sure we can, it will be a blast!!!

2. Remind me in 4 days :)

3. Berserker223

Berserker223 Racer

Cheers Paul, will have a crack at the 458 at Imola and the F40 on Silverstone will be good too.

4. Max Veloce

Max Veloce Racer

hey, since the updates yesterday I can't do any of the challenges as I always get "event.ini was modified" errors and it refuses to record times?

5. cobra188d

cobra188d Gamer

Hey, he asked and it's not something I've done.

6. cobra188d

cobra188d Gamer

Thank ya Paul!

7. cobra188d

cobra188d Gamer

Me too. I downloaded the RSR app again but it didn't make any difference.

8. No probs buddy.

Hmm. Not sure why that's happening. I haven't tried it yet. But I'll try at some point tonight. There are 6 drivers that have posted up times, so I assume it is set up OK.

9. Max Veloce

Max Veloce Racer

I'm not sure what happened ( I didn't change anything ) but today its working OK

10. Jekay

Jekay Simracer

Got the best time at Imola in the 458 after 4 or 5 laps, just waiting for you guys to beat me :( I shall enjoy this for now

11. iVG

iVG Alien

LUL i won't even try it ;)

12. andyclegg1

andyclegg1 Gamer

Just joined RSR Radiators, my name Andy Clegg.

cobra188d likes this.
  13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I think MP has dampened the challenge atmosphere :D

I havent run any laps in the 458 yet may give it another bash dont think I will do 53 but see what I can do as I raced it online the other day.

Anyone know how to setup challenges on RSR as I want to try and setup some gt tyre test enduros, pick a track and run 20-30 laps on the 3 gt3 tyre combos though that may be a real battle in the softs which are rubbish for a 5 lap race. Maybe keep the softs down to just 10 laps and 20 each for the other 2 so it doesnt take too long and some others may want to take it up.

14. iVG

iVG Alien

I wanted to do the enduro but I've no idea how to set up an event. Especially more than 1 hot lap with no AI cars. May just try a race event with one Ai on 80%. Might work and the ai won't be in the way 99% of the lap so would be interesting to see who can save their tyres in a best way :)
    Thumbs up for this

15. CanOx

CanOx Simracer

10 laps on the ring..

16. martcerv

martcerv Alien

If you start first with one ai at 100 % you wont see him again anyway :D at 80 % you'd need to find a way around every few laps which normally isnt an issue unless you catch them at the wrong point. You probably wont lap a 100% AI in 10 or 20 laps, if you cant beat the AI then he likely wont slow you down either so that may work. Or also 1 AI with a fixed setup at 80% and min fuel he will run out and exit the track pretty quick just hope he doesnt park it on a critical apex.

Sounds like fun maybe get refueled by a 747 on the go. As I see little point in an endurance test with no fuel use or tyre wear, its seeing how the lap times compare with fuel burn and wear combined. At times on some tyres it pretty much evens out so you do nearly the same laptimes at the end as the start but it drives quite differently and you gain in weight what you lose in grip.

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  17. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Actually 10 laps with pro settings forced in the gt2 car would be interesting if tyre choice was open. You could just about run SS soft or medium and likely get quite a similar result, SS will be a POS and still probably be slowest but soft and medium at that distance very close I think. At 20 laps I think mediums would win quite easily and the best part is to complete the challenge you need to stay valid for the full session. :D

In the GT3 it really wouldnt be much about tyres as the softs cant do 10 laps and mediums you can run all day nearly with little wear. They can quite easily do a fuel load so need much longer stints to make wear an issue.

If you made it 10 laps on the gt2 SS or gt3 soft then it would be like driving in f1 where you need to go slow to make the tyres last 10 laps, not exactly fun but may be interesting.

18. iVG

iVG Alien

I'm all in for this even if there are only 10 people who would do it with us
    It would be a test of skill and loads of information regarding tyre wear could be extracted. A track like Silverstone is always a killer and GT2 on softs for 10 laps there would be extremely difficult if you push every corner. Can we set this up guys???

19. Audun Sjøen

Audun Sjøen Gamer

Hmmm, this sounds fun, count me in :)

20. No offence to anybody, just my opinion:

I liked the idea of Paul with this challenge. Everybody can join, no matter what skill he has, no matter what the aids he used. No restrictions.
    A perfect place to get in fight with the aliens. Perfect to learn to drive different cars on different places. Specially for the newbies.

But now? I don`t like the way that this challenge goes.
    For me looks like 2/3 guys make the rules for everybody (always pro rules).
    They force the participants of this challenge to drive like they want to drive as themselves.
    Very frightening for new members in the simracing world.

I have no problems to drive without any aids. But I`ve a problems with guys that give restrictions without thinking of the other.

Destroyed the basic idea of this challenge for me.

No offence to anybody, just my opinion!

touchdown42 and Berserker223 like this.