1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Eyeballpaul's Fortnightly Challenge

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Paul Davidson, Apr 8, 2014.

1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Well generally I dont care about aids and such used by others but if you want to do a test of tyre wear then having aids will make a huge effect to this. With tc tyre wear is not so much of an issue as you wont wear the rears as much and even once they are gone it wont make it much harder to driver with.

I was thinking of setting up my own challenges so as it doesnt take away from this as it may not be what the group wants.

It really doesnt matter if your fastest or slowest but I think people will greatly improve their driving skills if they do more then just straight out hotlapping with low fuel and optimal tyres.

dztrbdgod likes this.
  2. Berserker223

Berserker223 Racer

I do agree with the above, I'm not good enough to enjoy the top skill stuff yet. But we have 2 challenges on the go usually, still looking forward to the F40 silverstone challenge (but please not on street types), and then perhaps the other 2nd one can be the pro type challenge above. That way everyone gets what they what (perhaps)....

3. iVG

iVG Alien

Why not 90's street? They're AWESOME (in their own way haha). As long as it's equal for everybody I don't see why people get scared of slower tyres. Is it the low speed traction or hard to learn braking points? It's not like we will cheat and put semislicks on...

BTW you see it's only 15 participants on the 458/Imola. There is nothing new in it. Most people have done it so why do it again. With the other challenges we had some different conditions, weird combos that few people had tried before, etc. What was the point of having just another challenge. Don't get me wrong, I didn't want to push my authority (not that I have one) or something, just wanted something different. And it worked out. Look at the e92 drift challenge. Top names on the list right there. Some of them might have just been curious to try something new that they had not tried yet.

martcerv and CanOx like this.
  4. I'm intentionally staying out the chat regarding what people want to do, to hear as many opinions as possible.

But we need a 2nd challenge on the go, and I did mention that it would be the F40. What track are people wanting, and what tyres? I would suggest a good handling tyre considering we have had a hard challenge previously (the drift challenge).

5. Berserker223

Berserker223 Racer

iVG has a point, was a good call the previous e92 drift challenge, F40 just is a bit of nightmare on the street tires for all but the best I expect, either way, just looking forward to another challenge.

6. andyclegg1

andyclegg1 Gamer

Hi, for my times to come up, do I need to be signed in to both Radiators and Steam? Thanks.

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

You need to use the ingame RSR Ui join button to start the challenge. There is more info further back in this thread if you need it.

8. andyclegg1

andyclegg1 Gamer

Where is that please? In driving mode I've pressed the RSR on right of screen it brings up times . Do I need to do anything else?. I've been trying to do this for about a month now!

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Here you go from page 5.

10. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

People are so lazy.... You should have been read this thread and it would took you 5-10 minutes.
    In the game settings under general tab you need to check RSR gui. It will show up on the left side. Click on it. Find Eyeballpaul's Fornightly Challenge community, click on the challenge you want and click on the start button in the right top corner.
    If it's not clear enough then you need to search in this thread.
    Edit: Ninja'd by martcerv.

11. Ettieapple

Ettieapple Simracer

You could put a detailed instruction in the first post. That has always been a good remedy for lazy question.

12. iVG

iVG Alien

F40 on street tyres sounds perfect for Vallelunga Club. Short track so people could get some laps in and the invisible wall in T1 seems to be gone with the recent patches. It's up to you @eyeballpaul .

Berserker223 likes this.
  13. andyclegg1

andyclegg1 Gamer

I tried following the original instructions and couldn't understand where I'd gone wrong, that's why I asked! As I said, I've spent hours trying to figure where I'd gone wrong. Thanks for your help. There's nothing re RSR gui in General tab. This is why I'm struggling. Think maybe I should start a new thread in AC Forum!!

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  14. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Actually you didn't say what's exactly your problem in your previous posts.
    If you don't have RSR gui then you didn't install it correctly. Download it again and unzip it in the main AC directory. I had the same problem it turned out that I didn't copy all files.

15. Berserker223

Berserker223 Racer

I like this idea myself. Its a short track, so shouldn't be too frustrating to try and string something together over a lap. Also the time differences won't be so huge, so I will feel better (even if % wise its still the same). Trying to manage the F40 boost on street tyres here... a challenge for sure.

16. andyclegg1

andyclegg1 Gamer

I put the download in python or is that wrong please? Thanks

17. Berserker223

Berserker223 Racer

24 people on the Ferrari Imola challenge now, with just over a day to go. Can't believe I'm in the top 10 times, but setting that aside, it looks like MP has taken a chunk out of the interest in the challenges. I hope we can keep this going, and re-invigorate from where it is currently.

18. Sorry, I have been hotlapping for 6 months...I haven't even turned on the RSR app since MP debuted.

19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

MP is getting most of my attention, used RSR at nords a couple times as it shows others times in app just not on the site. Not that people likely want to do a challenge at Nords but I wonder if you did a challenge on a mod track if it would show up on the site or must they only be on official tracks?

20. CanOx

CanOx Simracer

We need something to spice it up. Im still interested in time trials... its true MP has taken more of my time recently.
    This challenge used to be the only way to 'race' each other.

Can you make the events so it shows a leaderboard of combined times?