1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Eyeballpaul's Fortnightly Challenge

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Paul Davidson, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Holy hell, this bugger is a piece o' crap with an H-shifter :D
    Well, not getting under 1:21 atm, and my god Magione has some serious road textures going on the straight. Just installed simvibe, and while other tracks are pretty dull, this is like ridding a bus in Nepal!
    Yehaa!

GTHQ_koop likes this.
  2. Go the events tab in the RSR UI:
    Dwm 2014-04-11 06-59-50-30.jpg Look for the eyeballpauls community and click on it...there will be the different events (just the one right now) and click on the actual event to go to this page:
    Dwm 2014-04-11 06-59-14-38.jpg

Use the start button there. Hope this helps everybody.

Berserker223 likes this.
  3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Works fine via the app, went a little bit quicker this time ;) but still should be some time left as I cant get it to turn in at the end of the back straight at all pushes like hell. Funny as I am fighting loose everywhere else but setup options are quite limited in this thing maybe a Scandinavian flick will need to be used.

4. This car is the poster child for off throttle oversteer it seems.....as soon as I am out of the gas and put any wheel in the back is trying to outrun the front and the game begins of trying to control the beast. Meanwhile the front end will wash out (understeer) while in mid-corner......Just a very strange car that although fun, is very frustrating IMO. For me it doesn't really matter though, the perfect setup won't make it suddenly a second and half faster so I'm boned. I just hope I can pick up enough to stay top 5.

5. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Started from the RSRLive Web UI, but on track the RSRLiveTime app keeps saying 'Connecting to the server'. So much delay to start driving.

EDIT: couple of minutes later, it then shows 'driver not recognized'. Don't think it will register w/o the RSR app, right?

6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

That normally means you have an old app version, they generally update the app along with the latest game build which they would already have been testing at RSR.

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Its a very different car to everything else, really likes the slow in fast out approach. Avoid getting it sideways as much as possible, setup wont do heaps but I will post one here in a day or 2 once I sort it out and you guys can try but it will likely be very loose and you just need to drive as if tip toeing around. Mostly its just driving well within yourself what feels slow will be quicker as the exit speeds are critical. If your spinning rears and going sideways your going to lose chunks of time. I tried less rear wing and had no more top speed maybe try even less, adding wing really kills the speed and just makes it want to push more.

I was driving the M3 gt2 around here lately and that is so different its not funny but you learn so much about certain tracks when you drive all sorts of cars on it. The GT2 I just throw around getting it on 2 wheel and all sorts of nasty angles but the 2 eleven just needs smooth and clean driving. Its very hard to do as I could spend hours just sliding it around.

Kristaps likes this.
  8. Turk

Turk Alien

I don't know what to make of this car sometimes. At times it seems like overdriving it is working, the car gets some nice four wheel drift going on, sometimes it feels effortless to power slide around corners and I think "now I am one with this car", then the next lap it's completely changed it's mind and won't do that anymore and understeers like a pig. Slow in/fast out works but I've gotten green sectors acting a bit wild as well.

Is it just very sensitive to tyre overheating?

9. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Thanks mart. The site says the latest is 2.0.14, w/c I've installed some time ago. Unless their latest update is not in their site's download section?

10. Yanaran

Yanaran Gamer

If you've driven the rF2 Skip Barber, this is basically the same car and you have to drive it the same way. The Skip Barber video that has been posted around here a few times also explains it perfectly. You need to let it oversteer off throttle, and control it with small amounts of throttle rather than with the wheel. If you make setup changes to reduce this you'll end up stable but slow. On most corner exits 70% throttle is faster than full, since if you lose traction on the inside rear you'll just spin away all the power with the open diff. Turns 1 and 2 are fastest with a slight drift at the apex and gradually coming back on power to avoid understeer.

As for setup, I'm no expert but the changes I made was to lower front tire pressure and raise rear (22/26). I also maxed out front negative camber (-3.0) but I'm not sure this actually had any major effect except maybe raising temperatures a little. You need a minimum of 3 rear wing to keep it stable under braking on the back straight (I use 4).

The car uses about 1l of fuel per lap so only bring as many liters as you expect to do laps. Tires drop to 99% after 3 laps and 98% after 5-6, so there's not much use in trying more than 6 in a row if you're going for a PB. My time was on lap 6 and rear tires where at 98% towards the end and I lost heaps of time in S2 compared to my best.

Turk likes this.
  11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

[QUOTE="Turk, post: 115751, member: 3018"Is it just very sensitive to tyre overheating?[/QUOTE]

The rears can overheat pretty easily when giving it a good thrashing but trying to get temps into the fronts is quite a battle. I wish brake temps were properly implemented where you could do a warmup lap trying to cook the front brakes to pass some heat into the tyres but I just tried and didnt notice any change.

Theis track os always tricky to get anything but the softest slicks fully up to temp front and back. In the regular t125 its funny because the harder you push the more temp and faster you can go. Ease up just 2 corners and you lose all temp and its a wasted lap and a bit. This car has a bit of tyre wear so you cant really run a bunch of laps to get heat into them as by then they've already lost too much.

12. Turk

Turk Alien

One of my favourite things bout rFactor 2 was the fact you could watch the skip barber video and put it into practice with the same car/track combo. I learned a lot with that combo on rFactor 2. I'd recommend rFactor 2 to anyone starting out just for that video/car/track tutorial.

13. Some people here know their stuff lol

14. TCLF

TCLF Alien

The one thing I know is that I sadly can't do anything now since the last update. FPS dropped to 60 from 100 and is now undriveable. :(

15. Ouch. I'll hopefully get a shot at the weekend..... Maybe

16. Bullie

Bullie Gamer

Just to let you all know I've join the group (finally)... Sergio Tavares is the steam name.

Bottom spot on the time table is reserved gentlemen... ;)

17. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

I'll be fighting you for that place :D

I used to love this car, just messing about sideways round the track, but now I have to try and keep it straight I hate it, so infuriating :mad:

18. Berserker223

Berserker223 Racer

Just a note chaps, I'm impressed with RSR - wasn't that difficult to get up and running with it, but now its integrated into AC, can see it always was definitely the way to go. Would definitely encourage everyone who was interested via the inbuilt app to migrate over. Cheers

19. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

I agree, @Berserker223, it has many good features. On the other hand, I noticed it seems to require good bandwidth. Many times when starting a lap, it takes so long to wait while it's 'Connecting to Server' even if already logged in RSR Live UI (and then sometimes 'Driver is not recognized'). Unfortunate for us with not much bandwidth.

20. Weird, the 'connecting to server' message usually lasts less than two or three seconds for me; I do have good internet though.