1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Fanatec question

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by FiyahLinx, Aug 28, 2016.

1. FiyahLinx

FiyahLinx Rookie

Hello all. I'm new here and in America so I don't have my hands on the game yet. I'd like to know if anyone is using a Fanatec CSW V2 and if it's working good with Assetto Corsa. I also haven't decided if I'm buying it for the PS4 or Xbox One as I have both consoles. Any replies and recommendations is greatly appreciated.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Steering wheels discussions PS4 Fanatec CSW V2 - Chronus Max questions Nov 22, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Fanatec clubshifter sq & g27, sequential gear question May 25, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Fanatec v2 base + carbon formula wheel + table clamp question Feb 13, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Fanatec gt2 (raw) steering range question. Dec 18, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Question for guys using Fanatec CSS Sq Apr 30, 2014
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec DD Pro D Pad Feb 9, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Is a desired brake trace possible with Fanatec V3 pedals? Dec 10, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Fanatec Pedal issue Nov 7, 2023
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Fanatec DD2 problem, game keeps loosing settings Oct 25, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Fanatec Arena Settings Oct 10, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Does anybody know where Fanatec stores its brake settings? Sep 15, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals DDoes anybody know where Fanatec stores its brake settings? Sep 15, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Fanatec settings after update. Jun 28, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Advanced Paddle Module - Look Left/Right May 14, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Wheel feels light only when turning (Fanatec DD Pro + PS5) Apr 19, 2023

3. Raikku

Raikku Racer

You don't have other option than XB1, Sony has started harassing ppl and they have been dick and made specific fixes in PS4's os so csw v2 simply cannot work in PS4 anymore(other than older games
    where support already was). Of course with XB1 you need either hub or CSL P1-wheel to be compatible.

4. FiyahLinx

FiyahLinx Rookie

Wow, I'd expect that from Microsoft before Sony. It's too bed, I was aiming for PS4 in hopes that I can also use my handbrake and button box.

5. 1960sfast

1960sfast Rookie

I here ya man i have a csw v2 v3 peds and hb use it on the reg with pcars and dirtrally with ps4, its unfortant that sony has to do that, according to the first press release by fanatec it was to only be offically lisensed sony games like gt that would require it not all games. Good news is fanatec is coming out with ps lisensed wheel but ill just start putting that money toward a good pc considering i spend over 2k in racerig stuff

6. FiyahLinx

FiyahLinx Rookie

But I thought the CSW V2 is a Playstation wheel. It takes the CSL P1 wheel or hub to run it on Xbox. It's stupid. Doesn't make sense. They're only limiting their own sales. For example, I bought a PS4 only because Fanatec was gonna work with Pcars. Once the CSL P1 wheel came out, I bought that and a Xbox One. So it was because of the Fanatec gear I had that influenced me to buy the consoles. If it wasn't for that I would of waited a lot longer or gone the PC route.

7. 1960sfast

1960sfast Rookie

8. FiyahLinx

FiyahLinx Rookie

That sucks. I guess I won't get Assetto Corsa after all. I prefer using my BMW wheel over the CSL wheel. Anyways I still have a long way to go in my career mode in Pcars. Maybe one day I'll pick up a used copy of AC if I find it for around $10-$15 or so. Not spending full price for something not compatible.

9. Drogoula

Drogoula Rookie

Hello , fanatec is ok on PS4 but DON'T upgrade your game . Use it without e connection... poor solution but the only one.

10. FiyahLinx

FiyahLinx Rookie

Sorry, but what do you mean by "don't upgrade" and "without e connection"?

11. fbetes

fbetes Simracer

It seams if you don't UPDATE the game (patch day one) you can use your Fanatec wheel. If you have already updated the game you can delete the game from your console (navigating on console settings) and avoid installing the update...

However I'm a Fanatec Turbo S owner and it's not possible to play with the wheel because of the game is crashing constantly when the track is loaded (blue Sony dashboard).

Patch day one removes the compability of Fanatec wheels.

I'm sorry for my English...

12. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I just got an email from Fanatec about their new wheel.

13. 1960sfast

1960sfast Rookie

good suggestion drogoula, thats some bs though, im courious if vr46 lets me use csw considering its same game as slre which does, but vr46 def came out after all these licensing stuff. ill have to try. hey fiyahlinx my handle on ps4 is Iron_Thread if u wanna fun race pcars lmk send fr.
    I looked at the csl stuff and its not as good as csw v2 v3 pedalsl but much cheaper, im personally still not buying into anymore fanatec tech stuff for lack of customer support, i spent almost 2k alone in fanatec hardware and the wheels are not quick change because you still need the locking bolt intalled with locktite setup inorder to not break connectivity of hub....needless to say ive been using one wheel long time which is bs cuz i like to use 918 wheel in fancy pcars, switch out for dirtrally the rally rim, but oh wait i need to then change how i connect the csw and pedals to ps. Which is annoying cuz i then had to get on my back with flashlight unplug pedals from base as well.....i shoulda had a pc a trip monitors by now but i lost my job so itll be a while but im definetly going pc route to avoid these lisences. Which as stated by fiyahlinx is why we went this route in first place consideriung ps compatible with pc(like that on my shatty g29 too) because its not microsoft program. Now sony sees dollar signs in this and got on board. greed runs deep

14. 1960sfast

1960sfast Rookie

that new wheel is now pc and xb1 no ps4 though...wtf

15. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

......wtf?
    "Big harry donkey balls" makes a better point.

16. fbetes

fbetes Simracer

New PS4 compatible base will be released on September (Simrancing Germany Expo)

17. Drogoula

Drogoula Rookie

Someone try the fanatic without update the game ?
    I try and the wheel is ok but not the pedal...

18. FiyahLinx

FiyahLinx Rookie

Your English is fine. I just needed more clarification

19. FiyahLinx

FiyahLinx Rookie

I don't want to spend money on another wheel base just to make one game work. Plus I have a rig with all my wires tucked away nicely and everything mounted. I don't see myself unmounting my set up to play one game and remounting to play all my other games. Since the new wheel base isn't out yet I can't comment on its performance or quality of it. But being that it's less expensive than the CSW V2 I would say the V2 is the better base. Just as the BMW and F1 wheel are way better quality than the CSL P1 wheel is.