1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ferrari DLC & 1.15 - Discuss Away

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Schnipp, Sep 19, 2017.

1. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

@Orne : Try the F40 S3 with tires swapped for Street '90s from regular F40 (use CM). It's a holy handful, and a lot of fun. But more driveable than you might imagine.

EDIT: The engine upgrade was a factory option for the F40, so there were likely a handful of real cars with the engine of the AC S3, but the rubber, brakes, and suspension of the stock F40.

Orne and Trezoitao38 like this.
  2. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I thought the S3 has SM and 90's slicks?
    EDIT:
    lol sorry didnt read far enough :D

arthur666 likes this.
  3. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Orne likes this.
  4. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

IMO, it sounds like fun.
    (and yes, I accept that it's not the case for everybody.)

In fact it sounds like so much fun I might set up a server with it. :D

5. It's probably somewhat harder to drive on these tyres because of the suspension, it might be too stiff for the tyres and never loads up properly. That's actually the case on my real car when I'm driving around on my daily tyres, less peak grip than before the suspension (although it gets there faster).

arthur666 and Trezoitao38 like this.
  6. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

I dialed in less camber and toe, making it closer to the alignment of the stock F40. Made the cornering limits lower, but less dramatic when exceeded?

7. Well, still the suspension wont load up as much as it needs to, it's dialed in more for stickier tyres.

Either way, still driveable :p

arthur666 likes this.
  8. Orne

Orne Alien

I'm digging just driving the stock Shelby Cobra on a dusty track. Croft circuit is great for this car

9. magzire

magzire Alien

The RSS Hybrid 2017 mod with its superior physics/FFB taking a spin by Max Verstappen. Gotta be proud of the guys that created such a master piece :)

10. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Is RSS Hybrid 2017 model objectively accurate to RL? Where is the data taken from?

11. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

It's based on the current F1 rules, but it's not an actual car, it's RSS's interpretion/version of a 2017 F1 car.

12. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Well obviously Verstappen can't use Kunos Ferrari.

I haven't touched the RSS hybrid since the release of SF70H. Not saying it's a bad car but definitely not superior imo, not even better than SF70H.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  13. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Someone pulled it out of his ***.

14. LOL! I was thinking exactly the same thing, Berniyh....but I was too afraid to post my thoughts :D

15. magzire

magzire Alien

There was a interview with Stefano, he said most of data needed to be made up, as Ferrari gave little to work on, which i can understand.
    I just have a feeling the modders at RSS understand F1's better. Or give better valves to make it feel better. It was mentioned earlier in this thread that the 'scrub radius' is lower in the SF70 than the mod. Why its kinda light in FFB compared to the Hybrid.. Seriously who cares about this setting? I rather a higher valve to make the FFB feel better.

16. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

It's cool cause you know you have the RSS.

And you can drive it as many hours as you want. In the very game created by, here comes a shocker, the same idiots who made the SF70H. Lol @ them right? That is of course only until RSS guys mortgage their homes and give us RSS : the game. Obviously.

liakjim likes this.
  17. magzire

magzire Alien

Having a bad day? lol

Nahkamarakatti and PhilS13 like this.
  18. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

When I'm here wasting time replying to crap it's usually cause I'm having a too good of a day:D. Gotta balance things out.

Błażej, Jebus, Ace Pumpkin and 3 others like this.
  19. misterbeam

misterbeam Hardcore Simmer

I don't have the latest DLC, so i can't judge the SF70H. But the RSS hybrid seems to be really close to real life cars especially the latest version, if we compare cornering speeds, the power delivery, top speeds etc... i even find it much more believable than the F.ultimate on AMS.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  20. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

This is untrue, not getting exact data in some areas doesn't mean it had to be made up. He said in these instances the data was given within a range, which is not the same as blank canvas. But that's still likely more than anyone out there has got. The RSS car was made based on the interpretation of the 2017 rule book, while the SF70H based on, ehm, you know, CAD among other things.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017