1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ferrari DLC & 1.15 - Discuss Away

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Schnipp, Sep 19, 2017.

1. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

It was way off on earlier versions.

For some reason when it's a mod car people tend to just enjoy them as they come instead of finding every single thing inaccurate about it to score street cred points on a forum.

2. misterbeam

misterbeam Hardcore Simmer

Because, tyres were based on 2016 tyres grip levels, which are much softer than this year's ones.

3. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Come on. They didn't simply change tyre grip on the latest version and you know it. It's almost a different car.

4. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

It's possible that the Kunos crew doesn't have a great F1 tester, i think both Lord Kunos and Aris have been on record that they are not so good on ultra fast single seaters...

With that said i prefer the feel and handling of the SF70-H, even though it seems a little slow in ultimate pace, i was more competitive compared to Vettel on the SF15-T than i am on the 2017 car.

magzire likes this.
  5. #FAKENEWS

SMOKING__MONKEY3, Mogster and Jebus like this.
  6. To be honest it's the best mod car for AC and the only one where modded content beats Kunos content with a good margin. The way the car works on various different tracks like Monaco and Monza is just pure art. Low aero, high aero, smooth or bumpy and with a good setup it just delivers. The car is just so rewarding to drive and to setup.

Icing on the cake are the sounds which are just so much more grunty than Kunos ones. And not even starting with the FFB/tactile feedback..

magzire likes this.
  7. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

The RSS mods might not be so godly at handling if it had ground collision boxes enabled.. (yes, you cannot bottom-out with these mods) I appreciate mods made by precision but little things like that makes it non-comparable to official cars that work in real world too.

Mogster and mms like this.
  8. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

To me the RSS is a bit grip, grip, grip... bites you, the Kunos car has more progression although 2s slower.

Jebus likes this.
  9. Didn't know that but you still have to make sure you don't stop the underbody air flow at the wrong time unless you want to be a complete passenger.

Edit:
    @LChaves Absolutely opposite for me. :)

AidanH likes this.
  10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

All non-sense, because both the RSS Hybrid and the SF70H are boring. :p

If you seriously want to have a blast in a (relatively) modern F1 car, take the F2004 out for a spin. It's waaaaaaaaaaaay more fun than any other post-2000 F1 car that was done for AC, ever. ;)

miky and Schnipp like this.
  11. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

The Kunos or the ASR version? :p

12. LOL :D

I'd choose the Kunos one. ;)

13. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I guess when you make something, and try to do well, especially when you have data and full commitment to realism, result can end up to be worse than it would end up from "fantasy data".

Also what is "worse" is subjective, some may find overperfected content worse, they may find the beauty in various little imperfections, so when stuff gets super polished, super perfect - it is boring and worse. And others interprets "better" too literally IMO.

AFAIK you can not disable colliders, but you can rise the floor higher towards CG. I have tried to make an invisible uncollidable car once by a request, couldn't really do it easily. IDK maybe other moders has better know-how (they obviously has), but I found the only way to make cars "uncollidable" by raising ride height ridiculously. The handling was a bit worse :D

I'd like to know if you can simply disable a collider for a particular model.... or particular car on the grid.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  14. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I guess both, but have only driven the Kunos version. ;)

15. I don't know, but there were early CFD tests showing a base F1 2017 spec having way higher downforce than the SF70H. I contacted myself one of the persons involved and he told me that it was possible to achieve even more increasing wings, so... and there are other examples like the SF15 (kunos car) having about the same downforce as a 2014 Caterham (there is some dude that bought the car that shows some data from time to time on his twitter).

That being said the SF70H is fun to drive, I never understood the complaints.

LChaves, misterbeam and garyjpaterson like this.
  16. misterbeam

misterbeam Hardcore Simmer

Kunos F1 cars do not use real ride heights generally, they are much higher which allows them to use softer springs and that helps with "progressiveness" especially when you have super grippy tyres.

17. Orne

Orne Alien

I must say it is quite amusing to see some suggest a 3rd party mod is more accurate than one made by Kunos given that the AC team had direct access to Ferrari. Simply because you prefer the way the mod drives doesn't mean its more accurate, it simply means that is what you prefer.

Some of you are foolishly hilarious! :eek::rolleyes:

18. What if you think it this way:

Both of those cars must have a lot of guess work involved so I can pick the one that gives more believeable and fun end result. ;)

I can tell you that I know a factory team which is not even in F1 world, which CEO doesn't have an access to R&D Department. You can make some assumptions how much of the sensitive data you get about an F1 car that is currently on the grid, to put into moddable 40€ software. :)

19. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I assume much more in the car licensed to the moddable 40€ software than in the mod car put in the moddable 40€ software. :rolleyes:

mms and chksix like this.
  20. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

huh? o_O