1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

From the country that brought us Senna.. this...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by bud01, Jul 23, 2017.

1. bud01

bud01 Racer

My bad, Senna (RIP master) not senia..

Utility pole bang in the middle of a bend of the road.

"
    Utility Pole Installed In The Middle of the Road in Brazil

A traveler is perplexed by the placement of a telephone pole in the middle of a roadway.

"I just saw a road sign saying 'light pole in 100 meters' and it was the weirdest thing that I ever witnessed."

Not acceptable, No respect for drivers.

Absolutely horrific and needs investigation .

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Graphical skin error - E Bamber wrong country flag on 2021 car Dec 2, 2021
    Screens & Videos Supra drifting in the countryside Jun 6, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Country ban? Jun 21, 2020
    ACC User Interface Cannot set driver's country to England ;) Jun 12, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Does ACC intended to add every nationality & every country flag? May 15, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Suggestion: Country flags on wing's side on custom liveries Mar 23, 2020
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues How do I change the server country flag? Dec 12, 2019
    ACC User Interface Country flags for drivers Mar 25, 2019
    Suggestions [Multiplayer] Country flag of a driver Aug 7, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Corvettes and Black Cat Country Long Apr 1, 2016
    Chit Chat Room The times when it was juds country Jul 8, 2015
    Chit Chat Room If you could have all the tracks/cars in ac but from only one country? May 15, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa reviewed in respected car magazine (in my country) Apr 9, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Server isn't showing my country Oct 24, 2014
    Tracks modding SS HONDARRIBIA (Basque Country, Spain) / beta v0.89 Aug 17, 2014

3. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Racer

Northeast of our country is full of those strange road details.... They usually solve it in 10 or 15 years...

4. bud01

bud01 Racer

doesn't it go against every thing, every man women and child on earth knows about what is a road?

5. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Racer

It is stupid, but those areas are sparsely populated, often run by families for decades. They do whatever they want, including contract dubious companies to execute public services and pocket the majority of the funds.. Brazil is a huge country and you can go from the better organized cities in the south, to the huge cities in the southeast, to the poorer deserts with cities hundreds of miles apart from each other in the north and northeast.

6. bud01

bud01 Racer

distance between city's is no argument,

A man knows he should not put a big pole inside the lane a car drives along (at speed).

This goes against the spirt of automobile and development of trust about a nation to provide the most basic of expectations.

This is not some complex road junction and there is some argument that can be put forward.
    If some one a man or women hits this pole, it is premeditated murder and who ever is involved should go to prison for +20 years

Sorry but the date is 2017, unbelievable but very soon 2018.
    Most every place on earth has not just running water and electric but internet.

This is a national embarrassment for Brazil, think how this looks to people off any other nation on earth including Iran, South/North Korean, any country in middle east.

This is really sickening to see.

chksix likes this.
  7. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Racer

I think you have no idea how the rest of the world works, as most of it lacks basic infrastructure.... I'm not saying this stupidity is right, I'm saying that you don't know the place... In those cities sometimes they build a road just to be able to ransack the funds because the city is so poor no one will use the damn road anyway... And before your shout disgrace, have a look at the widely available material showing things like this all over the world... People are stupid, they do stupid stuff...

8. Kroegtijger

Kroegtijger Racer

This pole is sponsored by [...insert insurance company name...].
    Save travelling! ;) :D

9. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

But there was a sign 100meters away to warn of upcoming pole in road, so where's the problem?!!?

10. fabT

fabT Alien

... And the sign was put in the middle of the road as well, i guess :D.

Seriously, putting a pole in the middle of a road does not make any sense.

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  11. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Racer

Truth to be told, I wouldn't be surprised if something really, really worse than that was found in the same city... About making sense, the company that did this and the politicians who got bribery from it, think it makes perfect financial sense. :D

Tomcul likes this.
  12. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

If they put a little island around it they could call it a traffic calming measure!!

TheReaper GT and Mogster like this.
  13. Kroegtijger

Kroegtijger Racer

What was there first? The pole or the road? o_O

Mogster likes this.
  14. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I'm not saying it's right but I do love this stuff :)

In the UK you can't fart without completing a risk assessment and then spending 10 years discussing the possible outcomes at a local and national level...

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  15. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

i've seen the same thing in Italy....it was not a roadway but always a public road

16. They painted it yellow and black. What more do you want?