1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Full 1967 F1 grid in Assetto Corsa (getting closer)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jonelsorel, Sep 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonelsorel

jonelsorel Gamer

Me, for one, would get goosebumps the first time i'd see a full grid of those beautiful cars recreated in this sim, each one roaring its engine ready for the green light, and i'm sure many others here share this thought. It's a basket of goodies with a huge potential, as it's been almost 20 years since a sim creator has officially picked on the last year of pure F1 racing, as many consider 1967 to be.

Rendering the full grid of those '67 cars in AC would definitely bring this sim to a legendary status, which shouldn't come as a surprise considering that people still buy Grand Prix Legends today and go through the hassle of updating it with the latest bits and pieces of passionately created lines of code by the community.

What would it take for this to officially happen? And how can we help?

Cheers!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    General modding discussion Full 1967 Italian GP (Special Event) Apr 5, 2014
    ACC Gameplay Full custom GT3 grid Mar 19, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting GPU full load and fans at full speed Mar 2, 2024
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Time of Day adjustment on AC Server Maker stuck at 8:00-18:00 even though I have full version ACCM Mar 2, 2024
    ACC User Interface Multiplayer list - full vs 0 time left Jul 3, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Full AI support for your races Jun 20, 2023
    ACC Physics AMG front splitter not fully modeled (no scraping on road surface) Apr 11, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Please add telemetry and full race replay Dec 24, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Full race replays...there is a tiny bit of hope? Oct 12, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] SimHaven - Full GT3 grids for drivers of all levels | Friday 7pm BST Jun 30, 2022
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes AI-based Race Assistants with full (remote) Pitstop automation Jun 17, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New PS5 Version FULL WITH ERRORS AND BUGS !!! UNPLAYABLE !!! Feb 25, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS5 Version - Progression not fully carried over Feb 23, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Full Screen FATAL ERROR UE4 AC2 CRASH Feb 16, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Giving back for ACC 1.8: Let's talk about multi-class, multi-hour, full grid simulation? Dec 10, 2021

3. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Well, the Ferrari 312 67 F1 is coming in the next DLC, so soon we'll have two at least. Some company for the Lotus 49!

vegaguy 5555, Parminio and jonelsorel like this.
  4. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Beware of Sim****ms, all of their content is shady and really crappy conversions.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2017
  5. jonelsorel

jonelsorel Gamer

I know. That's why I asked what it takes to have this officially. :)

6. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

It will never happen officially. That's a pipe dream. At best, whenever they get around to that next pack, you'll have two cars. It's never going to go any further than that.

There are, in the end, two alternatives:
    1. Suck it up, buy the pack. (It has been tested. It's not that bad at all actually.)
    2. Just run a spec series in one car, the Lotus 49.
    I wouldn't count out the spec series. We can always make up custom skins for everybody if that's what it takes, or each person can make their own. It wouldn't take that much effort or time to do so.

7. jonelsorel

jonelsorel Gamer

Is this inside info? :) I don't need to suck it up, as I've bought every single dlc that's been out and haven't regretted one bit. I fully appreciate what these guys are doing and they deserve support to keep things moving. Freebies don't do that.

And usually, at the intersection of passion, skills and money big things happen. However, it's been 20 years since someone officially touched on this "cult" season. And as i'm sure KS can judge by the feedback they got when they first announced the Lotus 49 and the Ferrari 312, a lot of simmers crave it, even more by the day. The passion from the creators is clearly there. We've already got 2 of these gems in their full glory. The financial side for development should be covered, given Digital Bros (and i think Marco is pretty good at his job of convincing brands to join AC). If it ain't, they could even charge 15$ in advance for the remainder of 5 cars. I'm sure a lot of people would pay 3$ per car without blinking. How many? One only has to roam around SRMZ for a while to get an idea. These folks look for the sim that took on the legend's essence and made it BETTER than it ever was, ensuring a killer following, revenues, support and longevity for whoever does that. Not many dx7 games still being bought today (but i don't know many guys who would prefer dx7 over dx11). And the amount of tracks and incredible quality mods the community has created for GPL over the years should give anyone doing software development a perfect picture of what support actually means. The monumental Targa Florio and IOM tracks we have today in AC were first created by guys from the GPL community. Who wouldn't want that kind of passion for their sim 15 years down the road? And what developer wouldn't want to firmly tap in into a brand new age group, in this case the 40+ who are probably not as willing to go through the hassle of updating an old game in order to virtually race those beauties?

8. jonelsorel

jonelsorel Gamer

The ideal situations in life are those in which both sides win. This is one of them. And a big one, long term.

9. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

The game has been out for nearly three years now and it has never happened. Regardless of how much money you spend, or others have spent, and this has been talked about, it still has never happened.

I'm simply telling you what CAN happen. If you wish to go on with your delusional crusade of your 10 dollars making programmers spend months on something they've never bothered to spend any time on to this point, then go right ahead.

It's that very same delusional, completely unrealistic thinking that has doomed any sort of series of this type ever getting off the ground to begin with.

10. jonelsorel

jonelsorel Gamer

Parminio, I'm not sure of your psychological age, but the only delusional person so far around here seems to be you, as you seem to answer as if you're a part of the dev team. You're not. So this is not for you to answer. The main question of this thread is adressed at the development team at Kunos Simulazioni, who probably have a broader business/market sense than you will anytime soon. And the biggest reason you are delusional is because GPL, the precedent, exists, and the numbers speak for themselves (both sales figures and long term community support). The second reason why you are completely delusional is the fact that 2/7 of the job is already done. Not that I should underline these simple 2 facts to someone who is anchored in reality.

11. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

Wow. Just wow.

Spec series F1 has never, ever been done by these guys. There are other games out there for that. That is a fact.

Again, if you think for one moment they're going to completely abandon the business model they've been going with since day one just to appease 4 guys that would like a '67 F1 mod pack, you're completely and in all ways delusional.

History proves me right. It has never, isn't presently, and never will happen...especially given that there's already a mod pack out there for it, along with many other F1 mod packs representing several different eras of the sport.

Why would Assetto Corsa waste their time doing what has already been done for an audience that is, in the grand scheme of things, very limited when it comes to this game?

They wouldn't. That's why they haven't yet to this day. That's why they wont anytime in the foreseeable future.

It's called "common sense". Find out more about it.

12. jonelsorel

jonelsorel Gamer

You're seriously alienated from reality, but an absolute delight to talk to at the same time. Which is rare. The game already sports several f1 cars from different ages. Wake up, "time wasting business model". Nobody said nothing about abandoning anything, but here's where your poor comprehension skills jump into play, sad person. :)

13. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

Exactly. That's the model of this game: One or two cars from a given era with a focus primarily on road cars. They threw a couple of bones out there for the fun of it. What you are asking for is a complete game full of given cars. You're expecting them to create GPL all over again specifically for this game.

That will simply never happen for primarily two reasons:
    1. It's already been done.
    2. It goes completely against everything they've ever done with this game.
    But keep living on wishful thinking rather than dealing with reality. It's what most folks do these days, which is why they live in a state of perpetual wanting and disappointment.

14. Traind

Traind Hardcore Simmer

Another case of forgetting the word "and". So we have a bipolar argument with no acknowledgement of the middle ground.

It is unlikely Kunos will do this "and" a decent number of customers would really like it.

It does seem to go against the flow of car selection in AC "and" they already have 2/7 so why not do a few more they can obtain licenses for? Kunos did choose that Ferrari model themselves so someone has an interest on the team.

I wonder how many more dlcs we will get before they go full time on AC2. This type of approach for ac2 might be a way to differentiate it from the current title. By that I mean having a few semi complete or complete series embedded in the new title.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk 2

15. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

You're missing the entire point of AC's development: They didn't develop the Lotus 49 just because it was a '67 GP car. They developed it because it was a Lotus. The have a license with Lotus. So, they make Lotus road cars, race cars, two F1 cars, etc.

They also have a license with Ferrari. That is a no brainer as they are an Italian company. So they have the Ferrari road cars, a few F1 cars, etc.

All of their development is based on BRANDS, not TYPES of cars.

Why would they pay a license for the Eagle T1G? Where would they go with that? Nowhere. There's nowhere else to go. It's not a brand at all, it's just a one-off racecar built by an American years ago, nothing more. Same applies to Brabham, BRM, etc.

AC has always developed by brands. If you're a Ferrari fan, you have many Ferrari's to choose from. They're not developing the old '67 312 because there are so many '67 fans screaming for a '67 mod. (Again, that has already done.) They 're doing it as an addition to a long line of Ferrari's they've already done.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  16. Traind

Traind Hardcore Simmer

yet they did do an awful lot of gt3 cars..... didn't they?

I doubt they would do the 67 season but... they do have 2/7.

17. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

Again, you're completely missing the point.

Of that lot of GT cars, what are the brands? Audi, Porshce, BMW, Chevrolet, Mercedes Benz, Ferrari, Nissan, McLaren...

Those are BRANDS. They pay a royalty to them for each sale they make, and usually a bit up front for the right to use the name.

Where you going to go with Eagle? Nowhere. There's only one.
    BRM? Nowhere.
    Brabham? Well, you could get 2 cars out of that one, but that's it.
    Honda? That one is actually possible, and I wouldn't be surprised if they did it on down the road at some point.
    Cooper? Well, that's a stretch, but it COULD be done.

You see, the problem isn't the cars - it's the royalties. You have to shell out a chunk of cash to the Gurney family for the Eagle, and then pay them a portion of ever sale you make. So then it becomes a cost/benefit analysis: How many can you sell? Is it worth the investment?

The answer is flat-out no. Let's face it, at this stage of the game they've got 4 or 5 people they know are interested in it. You gonna shell out a few thousand dollars for it?

Of course not. Now, if Eagle were a brand with many other cars that people were fans of, then it might be worth looking at. You start with an "Eagle Pack" like they did the Porsche pack and you go from there.

But for half the grid of the 67 cars, there really is nowhere to go. You'd be shelling out big bucks for royalties and rights and you just wouldn't get it back. Ever. They'd lose their *** doing it at this stage of the game. In fact, that's why even the original Grand Prix Legends used alternative names for Honda (Murusama) and Cooper (Coventry Climax) because they couldn't afford to pay the royalty/rights fees to use the names Cooper and Honda. And that was a PURPOSE BUILT GAME...and they couldn't afford it.

Think of them (Assetto Corsa) as a car dealer, because that's exactly what they are. They sell cars. You, or anybody else for that matter, can sell a ****-ton of Porches. Everybody loves them.

How many 67 Brabham BT24's can you sell?

5? Maybe 10? Let's be very liberal and say 20. And that's going to be about it.

In the end, it's all about dollars and cents. At this point, it's not only not profitable for them to do it, it would actually cost them (make them lose) a good deal of money to pull it off.

That's why in the foreseeable future, it will not be done.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  18. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

It's a pity, just yesterday I raced the Lotus 49 at historic Silverstone for a while against a very quick guy and it was extremely fun. The car is nimble, prone to go sideways but controllable, makes a wonderful noise, it's fast, in a word: delightful. As in GPL, it keeps you on the edge of your seat. So happy to get the Ferrari, too. I think it'd be nice to have the Honda, too if Kunos gets a Honda license some day. I'd also love the Eagle.

I wonder if any of the great modding teams we have would make an Eagle, or a Honda, or a Brabham. There's two or three teams at work on splendid mods, maybe we could ask them?

jonelsorel likes this.
  19. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

I never could drive the Lotus in GPL. Just too squirrely for me. This game it's much easier to drive.

Yeah, that would be great. I can see that happening at some point.

I have no idea who they are. I've actually been thinking of talking it myself (the Eagle) as it was always my favorite. It would take considerable time though. I do have the complete AutoCAD 2108 suite though, so it can be done.

20. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

@Parminio You are assuming that KS has licence for Audi, Mercedes, BMW, McLaren etc. brands. While it has been said that Lotus is the only one that KS has licensed as a whole brand. So it doesn't matter how many models a car brand has when KS acquire license not for the whole brand with access to all cars but for the each model separetely. It was a while ago, but I doubt that suddenly things changed.

I also can't see whole roster for that season happening. There are barely any GT2 or GT4 cars in the game and GTs are (unfortunately) more popular than any classic content.

jonelsorel likes this.
  21. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

If they didn't, they would already have been sued clear to Mars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.