1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Full 1967 F1 grid in Assetto Corsa (getting closer)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jonelsorel, Sep 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Of course they need a license to use their names logos etc. but that's not what I meant.
    Your reasoning for not licensing a certain car is that the manufacturer doesn't have too much (or non except one) models, but since KS doesn't get the license that allows them to use the whole car roster from that brand, but only certain models (except Lotus), it makes it irrelevant how many car models a certain brand has.
    Yeah it's from 3 years ago, so maybe they got some other "full brand" license, but I think Stefano or Marco said in one of the streams the same thing as Aris in his post above.

jonelsorel and Traind like this.
  2. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

So, in other words, it's exactly what I said all along:

Getting a full brand license (which is what they're doing far more times than not) is cheaper because you have many more cars you can make and sell, which makes it PROFITABLE.

Buying a license for a single car that hardly anybody has any interest in is NOT PROFITABLE. First off, it's all that maker has, so the price is almost always astronomical. Secondly, there simply aren't that many people interested in a one-off car as opposed to brands with multiple cars. That's just the way it is.

That's about the 4th time I've stated that. Why you keep arguing that point is completely and totally beyond me.

3. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Ah now I remember, you are that guy from MR thread, right, should have known better.
    :rolleyes:

Lol.

jonelsorel likes this.
  4. [​IMG]

jonelsorel likes this.
  5. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

I find it very difficult to believe they paid an individual license on each car for all those Porches and all those Ferraris and all those McLarens.

6. Doesn't make it one bit less true.

jonelsorel likes this.
  7. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

Really?

Because they said themselves they had a license with Porsche in an interview that was only good for one year after EA's exclusive license ended:

But, whatever.

8. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

9. Good luck with your wish. I'm sure Kunos will give it every bit of the time and consideration that it deserves.

10. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

What wish? I don't have one. I simply stated Kunos had a license deal with Porsche and other manufacturers and you people showed up bashing the hell out of me saying they didn't and that they paid for each and every car individually.

11. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

You can check on racedepartment.com

12. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

That's the entire problem: The folks that have the mod already, from what I'm told, stole it. So nobody wants to buy it from them because they allegedly have a history of bogus deals.

The only problem I have with it is that they're charging a rather large amount of money for what amounts to a copy and paste job from Grand Prix Legends. I mean, any Porsche pack cost a bit less than that and look how VERY well done they all are.

For me, that's the big deal: The present mod just isn't worth what they're asking for it. If it were 3 dollars I would buy it no problem. But 12 bucks? No way, man. Not for cars that simply are not very well done at all compared to what I get from Assetto Corsa for less.

13. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

What I mean is you can post on racedepartment.com and ask the modders to make the cars from scratch. Lately there are a few very good teams like RSS who are making plenty of good cars. They may consider making a 67 F1 car.

14. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

Again, it's already been done. That's where the link to the existing pay '67 mod is hosted right now.

15. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I am not sure Racedepartment would have such link, as they don't accept mods with "uncertain" origin. Would you mind posting that link?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  16. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

You're right. All that's left are discussion threads about it with videos. http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/f1-1967-mod-question.138297/

I think originally the link to them was there as well, but it has since been removed.

17. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

Here's a quick sample of the Eagle. I just loaded it up and ran a few laps on the default setup. It feels a lot like GPL did, only with better track graphics. The car is essentially the same. The only very poorly done thing are the tires. I mean, you're doing 190 mph and you can read the Goodyear on the side of them from the cockpit.

The brakes also feel more responsive, but maybe that's just me and the fact that it's 20 years later. Other than that, it feels almost exactly like GPL did.

18. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Ripped stuff alert. Thread closed.