1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

G27 pedals stay pressed [Help]

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Poguinhas, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

So I'm playing with my G27, and a lot of times when I release my pedals, they stay "pressed". It used to happen with the throttle, now it's happening with the brake. Even though the pedal is fully released, it sends an oscilating signal as if it's pressed. My brake pedal sometimes stays over 30% pressed after I release it, so using deadzone would be highly impractical, and I don't need to explain why having your car braking at the wrong time would be annoying.
    Has anyone got any tips to fix this?
    By the way, I'm using a GTEye spring for the brake, the original brake spring for the clutch and the original clutch spring for the throttle, if it makes any difference.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room No more G27: advice re. wheel/pedals please May 31, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues G27 Pedals not working May 28, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues G27 Lagging. Steering and pedals May 19, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Alternative USB pedals for g27? Feb 14, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues G27 pedals showing as combined Sep 25, 2015
    General modding discussion Universal g27 pedals & shifter usb Sep 9, 2015
    Chit Chat Room G27 reverse pedals Jul 12, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Csr elite pedals or g27 ricmo load cell mod? Jul 9, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Trouble with my g27 pedals May 18, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Is it possible to replace g27 wheel with better one, and use the pedals + shifter? Apr 9, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues G27 - fresh install - now pedals do not work .... again Mar 12, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Dfgt + upgraded pedals/shifter or g27? Jul 20, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues G27 recognized in settings but not in game (solved: disabling combined pedals) Apr 18, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Logitech® G25/G27/DFGT/DFP or Generic Pedals Adapter Jan 17, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Sharing: ACC V1.7.8.2 + Xbox Series S + Brook Ras1ution + G27 Feb 23, 2022

3. magzire

magzire Alien

Should do the trick. I recommend you get some Fanatec pedals for Christmas, you'll thank me later :)

4. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Can't get Fanatec pedals because here in Brazil Logitech is pretty much all you can get, and even so, pretty overpriced. Anyway, I'll try this out, and thank you for the help!

5. magzire

magzire Alien

That sucks, best of luck.

6. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

What I can say after finishing cleaning it:
    Didn't have any proper degreaser, so I ended up using alcohol and paper towels, which is probably not the best way, but it works fine now. Just launched the gaming profile and after I release the pedals there's not even a hint of it spiking anymore.

For anyone that may consider doing this themselves:
    This was one of the trickiest things I've done ever. I've already taken the pedals apart dozens of times, but never did anything with the potentiometers, and after you get to them, it becomes a really dificult task. If you haven't got full confidence and a good experience with electronics, I'd recomend staying away from this tutorial. As I said before, I've already taken the pedals apart and back together dozens of times, and even so it took me two hours to do the whole thing, and I sure hope I don't have to do this ever again.
    If you come across this problem and you do have the experience to follow the tutorial, then go ahead, it works.

Anyway, thanks again for the help.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  7. Horus

Horus Alien

If you put the pedals in a box and unscrew all the screws everything stays in place and you can remove the parts you need without taking the footplates off. If you need to clean the pots then obviously you need to take them off. ;)

The best way is in this video.

P.S. I store my pedals upside down to stop any dust and debris falling into the workings. If you have little space you can always put them sideways. It will cut down on most of the flotsam and jetsam.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    Derrellbiffle and Seria17hri11er like this.
  8. jim jones

jim jones Simracer