1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Game progress?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by plucka, Nov 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qwaribo

Qwaribo Alien

I and many others can confirm they're working on mp, fmod and other things which improve the game and solve bugs.

Oh yeah they're working on the dlc too (with 4wd)

2. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

i think the main thing that will help with crashers is admin tools. if i have the power to kick, ban & restart a session i can keep all of the bad drivers out of my server. i would love something like the irating system but i dont think its going to happen.

i remember reading an interview with 1 of the Kunos staff where they suggested that based on data from nkpro most people dont want to race online. so far it does seem like MP is a bit of an after thought. in fact, id say everything seems to be an after thought to GT racing. im quite surprised that you cant choose the AI's tyres and limit them in MP as well. its fairly crucial for the road cars IMO.

A 1 time payment sim of the quality of AC geared towards MP with official leagues and a way to make your own unofficial championships to host like the leagues you can pay to create on iRacing would be amazing. i think MP gives a game longevity far beyond even a very decent career mode and im sure many people would race online a lot if the kind of thought that goes into single player was put into MP. points based championships, events at set dates or times advertised from within the game. championship or race winners on a list inside the game a bit like rsr's latest hotlaps and world ranking. things like that a long with more variables like ballast, fixed default setup and fixed host chosen setup, weather. im sure a lot of this could have been acheived if AI and career mode were left out. they obviously have a business model and know what they are doing but i think basing whether or not people want to race online on another game that wasnt hugely MP orientated itself, is a bad idea. a multiplayer racing sim only puts them in competition with iRacing which, as its monthly subscription, would put AC at number 1 for MP sim racing IMO

7he4Ce, Tony74 and fbiehne like this.
  3. Ray HT

Ray HT Simracer

Replied

4. Ray HT

Ray HT Simracer

I couldn`t agree more with your comments , but watch your back because the fanboys and white knights will be sharpening there knives to defend Kunos to the death ! , lol .....
    What you have to do according to them is , never bad mouth kunos, never complain, get twitter and facebook and any other social media tool you can find and spend the rest of your life trolling through them looking for little sounds bites ! , oh and pretend your on first names terms with the kunos team , lol ...

5. People who have never raced online don't know what they're missing. I spent two years playing GT Legends offline before I decided to try online racing against other human beings, and the difference was like night and day. Racing against the AI can be fun, but you can't beat testing yourself against real world human opponents. Yes, online racing can be frustrating and annoying when idiots cause chaos, but it's amazing how often I want to keep returning to the same servers to have another go. I have competed in at least ten races on the El Bandito server over the past few days, and I have only managed to finish two of them (due to the aforementioned idiots), but I can virtually guarantee that my enthusiasm for "another go" has returned by the following day. When I manage to find the right server (and drivers), the experience can be sublime. No amount of racing against the AI can match that.

6. Justin Cruze

Justin Cruze Racer

Well yes, because the AI is currently horrible at racing. Which is bad given that the game is about.......racing.
    Give me AI that's anywhere near as competent as GP4 (a game more than 10 years old I might add) in AC, and I'll happily race them over public servers.

I'm well aware that AI programming is extremely difficult, but it's really frustrating how little progress (backward steps infact) modern sims have made in this regard.

plaid likes this.
  7. SimDrive

SimDrive Simracer

Well, I don't know what exactly are Kunos focused on as I have no visibility on their roadmap but if they are really treating the MP as an afterthought (this is the vibe I get from this thread) AC will become a missed opportunity. The AI is horrid and even if it was "great", it's still an AI and people really into simracing will look for online competition for the most part! I know here will come the people saying "I am not fast enough and online racing spreads the field too much" Well, this is why a matchmaking system is needed and yes, iRacing has this one solved!

People keep on saying that they left iRacing for AC. Well so did I for a few months but I am back now and as much as I enjoy AC, in it's current state it is the hot-lapping simulator. Online is a no go for me even in organized events (glitches, bugs, netcode) and the public servers are a waste of time. Last night I decided to do a race as I haven't driven in AC for a while and nothing has changed really...I am really sad as I love AC and I trully believe is the best driving sim (the feeling while driving on the limit is unmatched) but it needs improvements to become the best RACING sim! So at this stage, I continue with iRacing unless I see AC improve in the MP department...I hope Kunos are reading these threads and treat them as constructive feedback because at the end of the day, we are here and raising our voices because we CARE, we CARE about AC and Kunos! Otherwise, why would we be wasting our time???
    @Kunos Now one more thing from me which comes in a form of a suggestion would be something I call "AC premium" as a service and if you guys are interested in hearing about it, I will elaborate...

And my last thought on this is, racing/sim racing is a competitive "sport" and racing other human beings is the ultimate challenge so deciding not to focus on it is a mistake IMO. I cannot believe they use NKPro as a used case scenario.... things have very much changed since then and just like in every business (for Kunos this is a business as well as passion) if you don't adapt, you get left behind, as simple as that...

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  8. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

a game/simcade/sim without a nice multiplayer will die soon . . .

im aware of the hard work from KS thanks for that !!! :)

Just saying a working multiplayer with nice features and AC will survive a very long long time ;)

7he4Ce, TheBestBeast, Tony74 and 4 others like this.
  9. I see that as less of an issue than others might. It's actually fun to compete against an opponent who has a superior car, so a spread of talent and car types (within reason) is perfectly fine by me. Let's face it, we would all prefer to see solid, respectful average drivers racing on online servers than fast idiots who only care about winning races....at all costs.

Tony74 and SimDrive like this.
  10. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

then campaign for tyre selection and ballast :) shout it from hill tops :p
    i could have way more options for hosting multiple cars together with these 2 things. if tyres is car specific it would be even better 1m on semis vs e92 on streets for example might be close. and if they arent, a bit of ballast could even things out.

going back to the dev comment i mentioned, i dont want to quote them out of context. i dont know if that devs view was representative of the teams view but i think it is. it was something like "based on netkar pro, most people who play the game dont play it online"

there is obviously some interest in racing AI ,but for me its hollow. you can never race AI like you can people. they are predictable and easy to exploit.

Tony74 and SimDrive like this.
  11. Way to much drama and your two camps theory is wrong. I'd say early access doesnt imply any of the stuff you mention, sure you can make suggestions say what you dislike (btw many other people do that too, in a very repetitve manner, so there is no point in adding more of the same), but there is no obligation for the devs to care for any of that.
    Early Access is what it says - early access to a game during its development. No community involvement is guaranteed and if a dev doesnt want to communicate you will just have to deal with it. Your and many other comparable posts are so hillariously melodramatic about it all, we are talking about games here!
    I also still dont get that obsession about ETAs and knowing all the time exactly whats going on at Kunos, why exactly is that needed for you personally? Do you guys plan your hollidays depending on Assetto Corsa feature XY or what?

LukeGwon, Jebus, Snooky and 6 others like this.
  12. MatthewSean

MatthewSean Racer

I thought that it might have calmed down in here, after the Dev post (saw it in the steam forum first). I will thank the Devs, for stepping in, and guess what? I will thank them once again, when we get all the issues fixed.

I'm bailing out of this thread, as quite frankly there are some users, who appear to be continuing the argument for the hell of it. There's never going to be common ground found, or that they could put their hands up and say "Fair enough, we guess, we got that wrong". Still, I'm not the one with egg all over my face. Plus I believe I'm still owed money, by one of the usual suspects (I'll spend it on system upgrades, I think).

So, Adiós, Auf Wiedersehen, Au revoir, Goodbye, and last but not least Ciao. I'll be in some other threads, or trying to help users with bugs/issues. I know, it's a quaint idea, support in a support forum, whatever next?!!

Hey it's Friday, wonder if we'll get an ........... Actually I'll shut up now, before it all kicks off again.

Matt.

This thread will resume normal programming (Flame Wars, It's a good show, but the soundtrack turns to static, every now and then), in a 3... 2... 1... Now where's my popcorn....

Lawndart and atchoo like this.
  13. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

MatthewSean likes this.
  14. kRush

kRush Gamer

:eek:

SimDrive likes this.
  15. TonaZ

TonaZ Racer

i think i've missed something lately, is there any info about final release date? even a vague date?

16. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

Nope, but it's been a long time since an update and several beta builds in between so their is likely going to be a big push for something substantial soon.

17. TTM

TTM Alien

Dear Santa, i only have one wish.. ;)

Enzo Martin and fatalevo2013 like this.
  18. Horus

Horus Alien

Beware the ides of march! pCars has put back its release date so this gives Kunos more wiggle room to polish and optimize. Not saying that Kunos are following or using pCars as a benchmark timetable but they will be on the same shelf and as such be fighting for the same customers. Most of us will buy both I am sure, still it would be nice to have a Christmas surprise like maybe fully functioning admin tools, changing tracks in multi-player, live timings, server replays so some serious leagues can start. At the moment it is still very difficult to remove the bad eggs and they are causing more pain than a rectal exam by a Doctor with pineapples for hands.

Then again I am sure Kunos will update AC when it is the right time to do so, they have not rushed anything so far, so why would they change now. Sometimes the wait is so very much worth it. Good luck Kunos.

19. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

F430_458_F12 and ears1991 like this.
  20. Quffy

Quffy Alien

F430_458_F12 and Lawndart like this.