1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Game progress?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by plucka, Nov 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Yeah, too bad the scratchy audio & stutters in MP is keeping me offline for now, I've had good online experiences in AC and I'd like to race online more but it's just not working for me at the moment. I know my CPU is really borderline for sys reqs, but I hope they can improve performance back to where it was in previous versions.

F430_458_F12 and irfan.pratama like this.
  2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

For a public server I just like to mix uo cars that are close, people can self handicap themselves as obviously there is a difference in abilities. I dont see any point in having different cars up if they all end up doing the same lap times.

If I put in a bunch of street cars I will jump in the slowest one so its more of a challenge against average drivers. If there are aliens that come in and jump in the fastest cars they will obviously win easy. But if they want to show they actually are quick then they should challenge themselves in the slowest car and see if they can still win.

Ballast is a great thing but more for league racing, I'd never use it in a public server. But load up a public server with all equal cars and a few aliens come in they tend to scare off the others who see they have no chance. Get a mix of cars and people can all have a bit of fun if they self handicap themselves. I have more fun not winning in a close battle then I do winning by a huge margin.

Admin controls to kick idiots and cheats and pickuo server racing can be fun for all.

3. Horus

Horus Alien

Dear Santa Kunos, could I please have a new bike, a jumper some socks and an updated Assetto Corsa, please. I have been a very good boy all year and have helped the elderly cross roads and been kind to my fellow (wo)man. Give my love to the Reindeer and the elves.

4. Red265

Red265 Gamer

I know you guys are busy, but what about a press release which lets us know what is going on??

TonaZ likes this.
  5. TonaZ

TonaZ Racer

hopefully no news is good news...

6. No news? There is a dev post on page 10 of this very thread stating that they are working 14+ hours a day.

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  7. TonaZ

TonaZ Racer

no official press news i mean.
    everybody knows they are working hard.

8. Snooky

Snooky Racer

If you read another thread, they said "Hold on, the next update is near" so...

edit: i mean tze audio crackling thread in the audio bugs section. Was postet yesterday...

9. TonaZ

TonaZ Racer

so, some are happy with this and think it's enough, some others just would like two official words and an hypotetical date.
    said this, all of us know they are working very hard and it will be a rocking release for sure.

10. Snooky

Snooky Racer

And now that i have just read stefanos tweet, i am confident that assetto gets its update still this year.again, all we can do is sit and wait ;)

11. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

its more to balance the cars than the players, my server is kind of half way between public and league. its open to all but there is a server steam group and its mostly regulars. eventually i will probably organise weekly events. a good example of when i would use ballast, the 240r exige and v6 cup can compete on some faster tracks, if i could add a little ballast to the 240r it would likely be possible to run a weekly v6 cup vs 240r event (the 240 would probably still dominate shorter tracks but the v6 would have more of a chance.) i dont think they will ever be identical, they will still have there individual perks even with ballast.

tyres is the big 1 for me though. i keep trying to voice more reasons why tyre limitation is necassary :p
    i imagine we will get it. but im still a bit worried as it isnt confirmed. ill admitt im a little fussy but there are loads of cars im not using yet because i cant limit the tyres. i dont mind using the s1 e92 for example on semis but the stock car i want to race on street tyres. likewise the classic cars,i really dont want to race the f40 on semi slicks and cars like the cobra i would like to race on the vintage tyre option. i would definitely like tyre limitation for car balancing but for many other reasons also.

im surprised there isnt more noise being made by the community about tyre limitation tbh, i know some others are asking for this but it does seem to be a small minority. even the guys that like to race AI, if you want to have a race against them and use anything other than the fastest tyre you cant as you cannot select the AI's tyres.

12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Id like tyre limitations but Id also like to take it the further step, not only limit compounds but also limit total amount of tyres per session. Then also allow tyres to be re used so you may need to qualy and race on one set or even force you to use 2 different compounds during a race. But basic limiting of tyres allowed per car would be good too.

Andy-R likes this.
  13. Rioku

Rioku Racer

Any news about the next update patch?

14. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

No.

And I'd bet there won't be one until 1.0 is ready, doesn't make sense to constantly waste time patching a release candidate. Far better to focus dev efforts on finalising the 1.0 release.

15. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

Start steam and you know.. f it updates AC.. then there is news.. if it doesnt.. then there is no news.. its actualy quite simple when you think of it...

eSEA One likes this.
  16. Aqib

Aqib Gamer

17. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Racer

Yes, it is, and why do you lose respect for him?

Snooky likes this.
  18. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

This should be good....

19. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Racer

Aaah, I see the tweet.

Ah well, it's pretty well known by this point that he's quite anti-religious (both Christianity and Muslim), but an opinion is an opinion. As a heavily religious person, I really don't care what he has to say.

TheBestBeast likes this.