1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Game stock car

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Steve Bullitt, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

So what is the game's name at the end ffs? GSC, GSCE? SCE? SCE2013, GSRRRE, GS3E room experience 3?

victor86 likes this.
  2. yusupov

yusupov Alien

lol its now officially SCE, but theres been the G in front i feel like if just type SCE it will confuse people.

i still wonder why they went let that weird mistranslation or w/e keep, yeah its pretty funny but it took some months after hearing of it before i realized it was a serious quality sim & not some weird brazilian version of xmotor racing.

3. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

You people are joking with this game right? I just downloaded the demo and been trying it out. FFB effects to low (so there's only 'real feel etc), this is pretty horendous, just like any rF1 mod, can't feel a thing what the car is doing, just random 'feedback' from the wheel.

4. That's how I feel when I see people praising AC FFB :D I don't feel anything else than that springy effect.

MsportDAN, kro, WannaBE and 3 others like this.
  5. If you want "real" FFB efects I think its time to change your steering wheel and stop blaming the games...Logitech Driving Force GT is not really professional grade equipment...

MsportDAN likes this.
  6. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

So ISI/Simbin games require 3000$ wheels to show off their awesome physics and ffb lol. Let me not trust you on that one ;)

Cote Dazur likes this.
  7. You don't have to go that far really...a G25/7 or a Fanatec wheel would do just fine, like the most serious sim racers have, but they are indeed a little more expensive than the one you have right now.

8. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

You do know that many people actually prefer DFGT's to more expensive wheels? It's a sensor thing or whatever.. but neverthless, you reckon with a better wheel there's a connection with the track through the tires/wheel? Something that ISI never knew how to do..

sherpa25 and Cote Dazur like this.
  9. ouvert

ouvert Alien

yep .. good sim .. probably best out there .. I would welcome some other classes to drive but Reiza is working hard and listening to comunity so I believe something is coming .. last update was more about integrating Copa Petrobras de Marcas into GSC but next one will be huge ;)

sherpa25 and Steve Bullitt like this.
  10. I think a better wheel would make a huge difference. I started in sim racing 8 years ago with a Momo wheel and then upgraded to G25 and a Fanatec now and believe me its worth it.

11. No, but obviously it's a good sign if it feels better with better hardware. I've read many people however struggling to get AC working right with that kind of hardware, having too much oscillation etc.

Associat0r likes this.
  12. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

I do know that any ISI based sim never felt right for me. But hey, we're all different and we're all 'right' ;)

13. ouvert

ouvert Alien

never had issues with ISI based sims with DFGT or good old MS Sidewinder FFB .. the one from Race07/GTREvo probably still works best for me ..in regards of knowing what is going on with car and accually knowing what is gonna happend before it happens .. with fine tuning via config file I would put it on the same (1st) place as GSC (which is different but great feeling) ...

well lucky you .. I sometimes wanna race offline (and online) (GTR Evo, GSCE), sometimes to do some challenges and hillclimbing (R3E) and in last few weeks it was lot about Nordschleife (AC) .. but having to choose one? huh ...

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  14. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

What would you put on the same place, aren't we talking about GSC now?

15. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I was talking about FFB in ISI based games .. and I would put Race07 FFB on the same place as GSC FFB ... both ISI based eventhough they feel extremely different .. point is FFB in ISI games feels good for me .. probably best even with my "crappy" unprofesional cheap DFGT .. we all have different taste I guess..

16. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

I don't get it, am I wired that much differently then most people, or you guys fiddle with settings for 16 days, i just never could get into ISI games. Feeling is all wrong.

17. GSCE is totally ready with default settings.

Also can't be that crap when almost all racing teams use ISI sims to test...

Jebus and Associat0r like this.
  18. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I adjusted the pedal springs for my DFGT & added the paddle shifter mod for it....nice :)

19. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Downloaded demo with that two V8 stock cars. I turn the wheel and i barely get out of the pits, it's like i'm driving a truck. Read some setting advices, they menion steering lock, nowhere to be found. There's steering degrees, tried with 900 and 540, same story, car just won't turn. Feedback is awfull, loosing the grip - no way to feel it. All in all, it screams rFactor, which it is.
    And why racing teams use ISI beats me, maybe it's a good calculator and setup maker? Can't see they use it for the driving feel.

liakjim likes this.
  20. You have to tweak the steering lock yes, if you use 540º (on your profiler), select 540º in the game wheel settings and in the setup garage, put a steering lock of something between 18 and 22 deg.

And no usually they don't use the sim to make setups, but to understand how the car will feel on track (so the driver is already quite used to the car/track when going to the real one). Regarding grip loss, it's there, however it's not artificially exagerated like in AC, to help cheap wheels. And as they use very good hardware (servo wheels, strong pedals etc) that's not a problem for them.

wedge_one and Boris Lozac like this.