1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Gear change FFB

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kofotsjanne, Dec 14, 2016.

1. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

This is something that I really like in R3E, the ffb you get when changing gear is awesome! Is it a posibility to add it into AC?

Opel-King and vegaguy 5555 like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Car's gearing seems to change while driving Feb 4, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting [0.6] Motec shows Pit Limiter ON after disabling it by gear change Mar 5, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Are we not able to change gear ratio yet - ACC Feb 28, 2019
    Sounds modding Gear change sound? Fonsecker... Nov 25, 2018
    ACC Troubleshooting Using controller and navigating in the pit/setup screen when you press X/A the car changes gears Nov 17, 2018
    ACC Troubleshooting Can't Change Into Gear (solved reassigning controls) Oct 10, 2018
    Audio Bugs & Issues 812 Superfast strange sound when gear change Sep 8, 2018
    Suggestions Force Feedback for Gear Change Nov 10, 2017
    General modding discussion Change a H gearbox into a Sequencial gearbox? Sep 27, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Delay when the driver want to change gear? Jul 8, 2017
    Audio Bugs & Issues Gear change audio delay (onboard camera to tv camera) Mar 21, 2017
    Steering wheels discussions Can't change gears after patch 1.13 Feb 20, 2017
    Console Lounge What is most popular in Gear Change - Paddle shifters or Gear Shift Stick Jan 10, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Why can't I change gears when I want???? Oct 14, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Gear changes Aug 28, 2016

3. Xenix

Xenix Simracer

I do not know how a racing car feels but with sports cars you do not feel anything when you chance a gear on the steering wheel. I >thing< its unreal and only a Entertainment effect in R3E.

But I do not know...

vegaguy 5555 and xystof like this.
  4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I want it for entertainment purpose:) Im not sure if I would like to use it on road cars though, but it feels like more "power" in R3E when you shift in GT3's for example.

5. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

I use Sim Commander's SimVibe Software and gear shift ffb is there so AC must put the signal out.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  6. Xenix

Xenix Simracer

Maybe its not Unreal on older cars like Lotus49 but i dont know...

Ps:
    I can feel the gear change (on some cars) with my bass shaker around the whole cockpit ;)o_O

xystof and kofotsjanne like this.
  7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Slimax also has this option.

8. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I'm half way on this. When using a shifter it's hard to tell when I've missed a shift until it's way too late.

There is little feel/excitement to grabbing gears in game compared to hart pounding, sweaty palms, real car.

9. Buggi

Buggi Racer

10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I retract my answer. Slimax has a gear force option which seems to be different from your request. My apologies.

11. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I would like to have the option to add engine-vibes to FFB; I can do so when using the AccuForce through SimCommander and miss that when using the OSW. It's especially convincing when combined with Sim-Vibe engine effects through tactile feedback.

12. Opel-King

Opel-King Racer

13. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Well... Python has the gear you're in. Just make an app that cranks the FFB gain to 400% for an instant when a change in gears is detected.....

sacredaardvark likes this.
  14. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner Racer

I used too feel a gear shift effect in the Alfa 155....but not since 6 months ago

15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Fanaleds has an upshift rumble option. I dont feel anything though..

16. stevemontuno

stevemontuno Gamer

It just makes the wheel vibration motors rumble to let you know you need to make a gear change .

17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Couldnt this be bad for the wheel? I wish I had the coding skills to do that. :(

18. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

No, it'll only be brought up to clipping anyway, 400% is just to assure a proper jolt. It's nowhere near perfect, but it'll give you something, at least.

19. konnos

konnos Simracer

That's actually a really good idea Atle. I would assume easy to implement too for a modder or developer.

Atle Dreier likes this.
  20. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Yeah, i might try it out, just for fun.

Opel-King and kofotsjanne like this.
  21. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Would be much appreciated if you share the result if you decide to do it. :)

Opel-King and Atle Dreier like this.