1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 What is most popular in Gear Change - Paddle shifters or Gear Shift Stick

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Timm2012, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Timm2012

Timm2012 Gamer

Hi,
    Just a quick question, with all these new cars coming out some use the paddle shift to change gear and some have Stick shift. What do you guys use and find the best? do you tend to use the stick more even when the car your driving uses paddle shift? and vice versa

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions what is the state of the game on console? Popularity, support... May 9, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer All Weights to 0, Server Popularity 100 -> Quick Join Puts Me In Race With 1 Driver Jul 11, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Unpopular Opinion, FFB and handling Oct 11, 2018
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Why is Nordschleife and Practice mode so popular May 27, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Unpopular ac features Aug 15, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Must-have / most popular mod tracks? Jun 5, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Ac car popularity May 17, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Multi player(most popular car&map mod) Feb 14, 2015
    3D car models [on hold]flandre's drag pack (ford popular released) Oct 29, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Is gt racing popular? Sep 21, 2014
    Chit Chat Room What will be the most popular car/track combos in MP Apr 25, 2014
    Physics Bugs & Issues Some Kunis F1 cars have abnormally long gears for me Dec 24, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G29 skips gear(s) on upshift and downshift Apr 1, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds G29 skips gear(s) on upshift and downshift Mar 30, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues SF70H gearing messed up Mar 16, 2023

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I use whatever is in the real car with one exception: sequential stick cars like GT I drive with the paddles, too. Why? Because I don't drive them often and when I do I'm too lazy to re-configure my shifter from H pattern to sequential.

4. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

May be the obvious answer? It depends on the car. I use the authentic way of shifting per car.

5. Timm2012

Timm2012 Gamer

That's what I was expecting. Also I suppose it's also fits in if you take this racing thing seriously. I use the G29 along with the wheel stand pro and been thinking in getting a stick for a while just to get that other experience in shift change when driving the likes of the Maserati 250F etc

6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

You will not regret buying an H-shifter. The boost in immersion and realism is well worth the money. It will naturally make you improve on your pedal work, like heel-and-toe technique. Once mastered it's great fun.

esox71 and BrainsBush like this.