1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Go faster. Basic driving techniques at Game&Track YT channel

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Aristotelis, Apr 3, 2017.

1. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Evora GTE Carbon. So the white segment in between should be green, sooner? ;-)

2. Yep. Just before the apex, especially since the camber of the corner keeps you in. Although I dont quite remember how the mod track is in that regard, at least on the scanned version it would be quite early.

LeDude83 likes this.
  3. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I've achieved consistency... just need to pick the pace up a bit to get near Philippe :p

PhilS13 likes this.
  4. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I've finally gotten around to taking this challenge. Nailing the braking points was not much of an issue but the turn-in points + wheel lock. I screw up quite often in this regard so I'm trying to find reference points for that. It works. The video helped me to focus on the right things.

Current PB in default setup except for TP 1 click down left, two clicks up right: 1:11.968, 101.9 % of RSR PB. Quite happy with that.

5. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

This might not be the right thread to ask about it, but still, do you guys use V-sync ON or Off?
    I know that V-sync increase the imput lag, have anyone tested how much does it affect the steering?
    I tried to set it off in the game and use Adaptive in the Nvidia control panel, but the screen stutter sometimes as it would be off and its very annoying for the eyes.

@Aristotelis what is your opinion about V-sync in racing games, do you use it yourself?
    I remember in one of Stefano's stream he said that some developers from Kunos hate V-sync in racing games and don't use it, but I cant understand how you can drive with a stutter screen, when the picture is just starting to mess all arround =))

6. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

V-sync off here.

I run a 60Hz monitor and cap at 61fps. If you look for it you can see tearing and a tiny stutter every second, but that's mainly if you look at the surroundings in turns (sky with clouds, trees, objects).
    On straights I don't notice it and by now I don't notice it. If you concentrate on driving your eyes are focused on sections where you don't really notice that there is a stutter.

And yes, V-Sync gave me a noticeable lag from my steering movements to the virtual wheel and this will affect your driving. Maybe not so much in normal conditions for braking points, turn-in and apex, but more in situations where the car is sliding.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Vsync off here, too. 60hz screen, caped at 83. this gives me no tearing and no micro stuttering.

The induced lag with vsync on is very noticeable and distracting for me. It's a real hindrance in catching slides properly, especially in finicky cars like the F40.

Schnipp likes this.
  8. baboon

baboon Alien

Vsync on for me. Perfectly smooth compared to the 83 cap I've used before, had mico stuttering and some annoying tearing. Not saying there is no additional lag induced but for me it's no issue.

I'll try different settings incl. freesync when I get a new card.

LeDude83 likes this.
  9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

It has beem established by @liakjim that VSYNC on + maximum fram latency = 1 is a good compromise with little additional lag compared to 0 VSYNC.

But it's easy: test all options for yourself. If you're sensitive towards non-smooth image, running without VSYNC will have you turn it back on after seconds and happily accept the little extra lag.
    If you're non-sensitive you'll enjoy the reduced lag when turning it off.
    I got myself a 75 Hz FreeSync monitor plus AMD GPU. Minimum lag, no tear or stutter. I'm very happy with it.

liakjim and baboon like this.
  10. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

At first I noticed it too of course and thought it would bug me.

But my experience was that you focus on the graphics on the first test instead of the driving.
    Once you really concentrate on driving and have you eyes on the track and reference points I didn't really notice it anymore.

Give it a try to just drive for a while and then decide would be my suggestion.

11. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Impressive, both laptime and conistency. Having one very fast lap is one thing, but doing it another time is just wow.
    Is this default setup?

12. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I use Nvidea
    Thanks! No not default setup. Tyre pressure adjusted, enough fuel for about 12 laps and increased neg camber at the rear.

13. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

It should be easy enough for you to do a few laps with Aris combo with V-sync on or off and check which one is faster, if there is any difference.

Diablo_rf likes this.
  14. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Yes, but you should also go online in some open servers where you need to re-adjust your driving a lot due to idiots on track :p The additional lag might (!) show here as you evade risky situations. The lag really is most important when you're being caught off-guard and need to react quickly...wait for car to settle...react again etc.

15. Red Or Dead

Red Or Dead Racer

Diablo_rf likes this.
  16. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I drive in VR, so V-synch is not something I need to concern with, but for those on monitor, you are saying it will not affect your lap time but could affect your reaction time when you need to escape an incident while racing online.

17. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

Maybe a stupid question but how do you cap your fps?

18. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

It is done automatically, 75fps for DK2, 90fps for CV1 and Vive.

19. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

but not in vr?

20. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

edit

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017