1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Graphic Card advice

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by fratennis109, Nov 27, 2013.

1. fratennis109

fratennis109 Gamer

I'm going to have a gtx 760..with i7 4770 quadcore. is that strong enough? many thanks!

2. Gomnes

Gomnes Gamer

For a set of 3 monitors you either need to buy 2 graphics cards or buy Titan/690 cards (only one that i know of that can use 3 montiors without 2 graphics cards). Don't buy LED screens since the colors gets fu**ed after awhile. Also try and get 120 Hz montiors for best effect, FPS wise ofc (just remember that all the monitors need to be the same size). The other thing you said about playing everything on low settings could be AC itself. It's not optimzed yet and still needs some fixing.

3. r3ck0n

r3ck0n Racer

read my specs
    this cost me just under $900 (usa) INCLUDING the GTX770 gpu

Don't buy ready made, even alienware, they are ridiculously overpriced, just go to Newegg or another online retailer today and take advantage of some insane cyber monday deals

4. fratennis109

fratennis109 Gamer

yesterday i decided do do a test: i went to my friend's computer shop and we made a pc. Specs below:
    -Intel i7 4770K 3.5 ghz
    -Motherboard ASrock P85M pro4
    -16 gb RAM Corsair 1600mhz
    -1 tb hard disk 7200 rpm
    -Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB OC Edition
    -Cooler, psu, power (1000W) and so on..
    -Case Silverstone Sugo SG10B (i want a little, portable and cool pc)
    All this for 1069€..i this this configuration could eat alienware x51 litterally..! isn't it? Do you think this vga can run AC at 2560 x 1080 smoothly maxing lots of settings?

5. FenixGTR

FenixGTR Gamer

That would destroy it :)

Can you link to the ram you are using please as I want to upgrade mine.

6. fratennis109

fratennis109 Gamer

7. Hi.

Unless you plan on only hot lapping, it might be wiser to hold off building a pc for this game until they add MP or AI to the game. I'm expecting 20 cars on track to have a considerable impact on performance.

I'm sure it will have my old 560Ti 2GB for breakfeast.

Regards.

Ninjabogey likes this.
  8. fratennis109

fratennis109 Gamer

sure, but you know AC is not completely optimized, expecially graphically..!

9. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

My parts got delivered yesterday.:D

Asus MVIF
    i7 4770k
    G.Skill 16gb(2x8) 2400MHz GTX
    EVGA GTX780ti SC
    3x asus 27" 2ms
    Sams 128gb 840pro SSD
    T500rs
    same case/psu/cooler
    i'll still keep the 670DCUii

Gonna' be a busy weekend for me.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
    Anuj and AC Support like this.
  10. fratennis109

fratennis109 Gamer

11. Paps

Paps Racer

Im going to wait for non reference AMD 290 and 290x cards, to see how they are. I dont want 95°C card in my PC. Will decide after for nVidia or AMD

12. Ondrej Cerny

Ondrej Cerny Gamer

I am looking for review on triple 5760*1080 with one 780gtx around 1150MHz core, do you have chance to test it? I will be really thankful PaulieGTR i am aiming for at least 65+ fps, I hope that will be reality even with one card. Good luck with new rig, seems like nice choice!

paulieGTR likes this.
  13. fratennis109

fratennis109 Gamer

today i've just found an Asus R9 290 at the same price of the Gtx 770. what do you think about, guys?

14. Yetisaj

Yetisaj Racer

I cant believe some of you guys are talking about needing a dual gpu or top end card to run triple screen. I'm running AC on 3x27" monitors at 6000x1080 on a single 2GB GTX650Ti BOOST and I get 50fps on good settings. The only thing I would suggest is getting a card with 3GB+ of Vram. Todays GPU processors are capable of handling a lot even at mid range price levels, it's the Vram that will bottleneck a system, especially when you start to run with AI.
    I cant see you having any processing problems running 5760x1080 on a single 780 or 780ti but when the car count goes up you'll definitely be knocking on 3GB Vram. When the AI is implemented i'm upgrading. Waiting for more news about the EVGA 780Ti Kingpin. Possible 6GB Vram would make it a Titan slayer in high-res gaming. You'll never need 6GB unless you're running 3x4k monitors (at least for a few years anyways) but its nice to have the headroom. Just want to see what kind of price tag they slap on it.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  15. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

I am planing to upgrade my gpu to gtx770 4gb and bump up the old i5k to 3.5 - 4ghz, hope my 700w psu can hold it ...

16. fratennis109

fratennis109 Gamer

It depends on the settings you use, I suppose. AA? AF? Shadows? Reflections? (and so on)?

paulieGTR likes this.
  17. DarkRaven

DarkRaven Racer

I say get single gpu try it then go dual thats what I did but go with at least 3G vram

18. MeihanMike

MeihanMike Rookie

If I wanted to play assetto on full details at 5760 x 1080 at 60fps, what kind of GPU setup would you recommend?

19. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

No need to open a thread in "bugs & issues" forum. Merging.

20. IDLH_

IDLH_ Simracer

I upgraded from my 560 just for hot lapping. MP full grid I expect to be a challenge for a 770 with decent eye candy, single screen. By then nvidia should have 800 series stuff out right? I agree that if you guys are hoping to future proof your rig, you might want to wait for MP and a near-final build.

alphabravocharlie likes this.