1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

GT like Driving School and License Tests

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by claudiopolez, Dec 29, 2013.

1. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

I wonder if Kunos are planning to include a Driving School of some sort in the career mode? Would be awesome! Gold, silver, bronze system, some brief explanation of what is the secret to a quick time for the particular test and embedded examples of recorded tracks of gold standard runs (the latter is important for learning!)... Since there aren't as many cars in AC as in GT, instead of prize cars, Kunos could give out prize skins for cars, and maybe upgrades (particularly cosmetic).

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
    Ak1504, Akis Kev, Lazybug and 2 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Screens & Videos Dad driving you to school Sep 24, 2021
    Console Lounge Driving school Aug 18, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Driving School? Apr 6, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Anyone interested in opening a driving school? Nov 20, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Looking for driving school or driving coach Jan 12, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Such an informative driving tutorial for all skill levels...skip barber racing school Jan 3, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Newbi Driving School by Shaun Cole Jun 3, 2014
    Liveries BMW E30 M3 - Skip Barber Driving School Jan 2, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Driving School Dec 25, 2013
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds All AI cars on all tracks are driving 50 mph during race! Jan 14, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds cant get my standard Interior driving view Nov 15, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Your personal Driving Coach Oct 6, 2023
    ACC Tools Your personal Driving Coach Oct 6, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Kyalami 100%: AI over-driving Leeukop May 28, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 Fatal Error at random times during driving Apr 22, 2023

3. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Till now there is no info for the career mode. So everything can happen :D

4. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Please not. I hated these tests in GT1 already. I hate the concept of unlocking stuff alltogether. Let paying customer choose freely which car to race in on which track. We are adult enough to chose the conditions of a race to our liking.

5. amdnikos

amdnikos Rookie

Well, a quality racing driver school is welcome anytime. Stuff like racing lines, weight tranfer, heel n toe etc would help a lot new drivers.

Akis Kev, blood_sam, Queequeg and 2 others like this.
  6. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

But the point is not to "unlock stuff", but to learn. Unlocking some skins is no big deal and just adds slightly to the motivation, but primary drive is to get better: to learn particular approaches in tackling particular corners after having had specific instructions on what to do and where :)

Akis Kev, DoctorMuerte and Lazybug like this.
  7. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Nothing beats collecting track time.

An optional training course, fine. But with the focus on "optional". Not mandatory. Motivating me this kind of gaming does not, and never did. "Killing my nerves" is closer to the truth.

PulpQuango likes this.
  8. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

Apparently GTR2 sim had a driving school, but I never played that game

Imho driving school is important for sustaining interest in the game as when a player hits a brick wall - no matter what he does he is always 6 seconds off (or something), it is hard to know what exactly to do to improve. Driving school that breaks tracks into corners and sections with good explanations on what to do can alleviate a lot of frustrations and help getting people hooked on the game.

Ak1504 likes this.
  9. CTR69

CTR69 Racer

Count on the community created vids, while Kunos works on more important stuff.

10. Can we get a driving school part? would be awesome for people like me who are learning to drive!

claudiopolez likes this.
  11. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

i like how on GT6 your cant go online until you reach a certain level.. it will filter out the very crap drivers and force them to learn before they can get online, making it a better place for all.

tanveerahmed2k11 likes this.
  12. considering MP will be out before 1.0 and Career is the last thing to be implemented that's probably not going to happen.

Simon Roberts likes this.
  13. CTR69

CTR69 Racer

There could be such training MP servers, like they offer in flight sims, where you drive/race and instructor gives you all information and pointers you need. It's all up to the community. BMS has this aspect nailed down.

tanveerahmed2k11 likes this.
  14. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

I agree. No need to give out medals or whatever or bonus content, but a racing driving school would be excellent.

We already have the car for it, that M3 with the BMW driving school livery. :)

15. PulpQuango

PulpQuango Racer

no, no it wont. There will be no shortage of griefers. It's the way of the world. What stops griefing in driving sims and multiplayer games generally is server tools that allow the righteous to jettison the dross.

paulieGTR and Bill Wiskins like this.
  16. Predator

Predator Gamer

Thats one thing i worry about love racing on race 07 and gtr evo online but anlot of the time you cant because of hacking idiots skidrow is a reg offender and as such stopped me from going on there too much any more ac needs a way to stop this kind of crap or it could kill the game before it starts but tests wont stop this from happening

17. DoctorMuerte

DoctorMuerte Gamer

Well to be honest I enjoyed doing the license test in GT, and I'd like to see something similar implemented on AC. A couple of things about it:

* Even that I liked the tests, I liked the short ones. Having to drive a full lap at Nordschleife without getting out of track a single time (GT4 Super License graduation) is just torure.

* It lets you improve as you drive against your ghost, and the "exercises" are made immediately.

* About the reward for completing the tests, well they can be skins, but a leaderboard with the best times woule be nice. If someone makes a Gran Turismo singleplayer mod (providing they're enough cars/tracks to do so) the system can be the same as GT, giving cars as rewards.

* The test can be made by the community, but it may be a good idea to be ony one person/group doing it or it can become a mess. Having multiple tests/set of tests and installing them one by one.

Best regards.

18. Wrongfire

Wrongfire Hardcore Simmer

I like this sort of thing, but how about, instead of being mandatory or something, it could give people badges based upon completion.
    So that multiplayer rooms could restrict via badge, thus only people who have completed the required training could enter that room.

This would keep the people who bought AC yesterday and have 0 experience in sim racing out of hardcore racing lobbys.

19. PulpQuango

PulpQuango Racer

And those that know what they're doing but don't want to spend hours doing pointless **** ? A game, or sim for that matter shouldn't be trolling the user.

paulieGTR and Michael Hornbuckle like this.
  20. cooknn

cooknn Alien

I've been watching the iRacing Driving School the last few nights. Good stuff. It's a series of YouTube videos and focuses on driving techniques for the sim racer. I can already see the difference in how I get around in AC.

21. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Earn experience points either on or offline before you can drive faster more powerful cars online, starting of course with the Fiat Abarth.
    Or allow the user to drive any car/track combination offline but they must beat a specific time and/or complete a certain number of clean consecutive laps before they can drive that combination online. Perhaps having to finish top 10 against AI set to 98% with less than 10% damage or something similar.
    If you are forced to complete some kind of 'test' before you can join online races, I'd guess the idiots would be less inclined to wreck everyones race on the first corner then move on to the next race to do the same "just for a laugh". I'm not saying if would stop it outright (nothing realisically will) but it would make the idiots think twice if they have to go through all that hassle just to ruin everyones race.
    Having nothing to distinguish between veteran sim drivers and complete noobs is just asking for a **** online experience.