1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic GTEYE Spring + swap

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by Lewisxbone, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Im gonna put the GTEYE bake spring in my pedals (G920) and thinking about swapping the old brake spring to the clutch....
    And the clutch to the Accelerator.
    Anyone done this ?
    And is it Better or worse with the harder springs?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Lotus 98T Trail braking and downshifting with GTeye springs May 20, 2020
    XBox One Discussions GTEYE spring click noise Feb 2, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Just Bought a GTEYE Brake Pedal Spring for G25. Dec 10, 2013
    Online Leagues / Championships room virtueller-Asphalt Spring Championship Feb 26, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Tuning out high Spring / Return-to-center with SC2 Pro? Feb 7, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Exiled Virtual Motorsports Spring Series 1 May 11, 2020
    ACC Physics Helper Springs..? Apr 16, 2020
    ACC Physics Spring effect ffb?? Feb 13, 2020
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues PC G920 Center Spring & FFB not working ONLY on AC Jan 18, 2020
    Bug reports Heavy center spring on Fanatec CSW 2.5 Jul 26, 2018
    General modding discussion How can make the suspension's spring animation May 3, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions Fanatec CSW 2.5 super heavy “center spring” Jan 7, 2018
    Chit Chat Room T500 pedals broken throttle spring Dec 26, 2017
    Steering wheels discussions Centering spring force (hard to steer) Dec 6, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Does AC ignore Spring effect? Sep 18, 2017

3. vilivili

vilivili Racer

I only have the brake spring changed (gteye) to my g25 pedals but I've been satisfied:)

Lewisxbone likes this.
  4. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Same here.

The brake mod is well worth it, but I don't want a stiffer gas or clutch pedal.
    Most reviews/user-impressions about swapping the stock brake spring to clutch and stock clutch spring to the gas are quite mixed, some like it, some don't.

TBH, the clutch is only there for start and quickly change gear, so I don't need a stiffer pedal for that (real clutch feel by being regressive is another thing) and I'm glad the gas has quite low resistance for longer sessions.
    Only the first 20-30% of the throttle travel could be a bit stiffer to have a better feedback for light throttle inputs.

gregack likes this.
  5. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Thanks for the info.
    Yeah , Looking forward to the GTEYE, hopefully be here end of the week. At the moment I only use the brake and accelerator with the paddle shifters, not had it long so was curious about putting the clutch spring in the accelerator.
    Like you said , might be ok for some but not for others.
    Thanks

6. _Fulgore_

_Fulgore_ Racer

i just swapped all three off it :) brake and gas most used , much better control off the car....

Lewisxbone likes this.
  7. Davemester

Davemester Racer

Hi I also have a g920. Could you tell me how is it with the gteye?

This is my first wheel so I dont know how was the brake of the g25 with only a spring, but this im quit satisfies with. Although I only can push it in 70% so I had to adjust the settings. Makes it hard to heel and toe. Also had to add some gamma to cOrrect the nin linearity. smooth regression is hard to do.

All and all, I wonder how much better the brakes with the gteye spring?
    Do you leave the rubber in? I imagined one wouldnt.
    If you dont, Is it as hard to push as it was with the rubber in the original? Or is the progression of its stiffening smoother and only at the and is it that hard?

Anything you can share.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  8. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Yeah no probs. Should hopefully be delivered in the next couple of days so I'll let you know.
    I took the rubber block out because on the xb1 there's no settings for the pedals , and that made a massive improvement , so really looking forward to trying the gteye spring.

9. Davemester

Davemester Racer

thanks, I'm really curious. in the meantime, can you tell me, how stiff is the original spring without the rubber? compared to the clutch pedal, for example.

10. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

It's still quite firm but you can press it to 100%.
    Before I was getting say 70% and then having to kind of stamp on it to get the rest.
    Without the rubber it's still a lot stiffer than the clutch. I definitely recommend it.
    At first I really didn't want to take it all apart just to take the rubber out but I found I didn't have to,
    You can take the 2 screws out behind the pedal and remove the top plunger thing to get to the spring and remove the rubber that way. Really easy and quick to do plus if you don't like it you can just put it back in.
    With ABS on you can brake so much later too.
    I'm nowhere near as good as the guys on here but I was gaining 3-4 secs on my times without the rubber.
    Hope that helps you out for now and I'll let you know about the gteye spring once it arrives.

Davemester likes this.
  11. Davemester

Davemester Racer

HI. Did you get it? Can you tell me about it, compared to the original? Did you live the rubber in?

12. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Hi,
    Yeah it's really good and so much better.
    I left the rubber out because the GTEYE spring is firm enough and has so much more better feel to it.
    If you need 100% pressure or just 80% or 40%etc you can easily find the braking point a hell of a lot easier. I Definitely recommend it.
    I also put the original brake spring into the clutch and the clutch spring into the accelerator, it's ace!!!
    So much more control on the accelerator now instead of the cheap flimsy toy pedal feel it had.
    I can now drive without traction and stability control on now because there's more feel to the pedals. Whereas before without assists on I'd just keep loosing control of the cars.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk

13. _Fulgore_

_Fulgore_ Racer

hi guys,

are you talking about an older version , bought mine a few months ago , there is no rubber, even on the website you see clearly no rubber , got no issues, just wondering why you all talk about that :)

still happy with that "upgrade"

greetings

14. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

The G920 (and maybe G29, not sure) brake pedal has a rubber block in it to stiffen the brake, they are just talking about if that should stay in or not.

_Fulgore_ likes this.
  15. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

No the new one, I meant the the rubber out from the original brake spring, I thought that's what he meant. Saying that , i have read that people do keep the old rubber, don't know why though coz the GTEYE is firm enough and doesn't need it imo.

16. _Fulgore_

_Fulgore_ Racer

ow now i understand , didnt know the g29
    has a rubber thingy

thx for letting me know

17. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

No probs. Yeah it's the g920.

_Fulgore_ likes this.
  18. Davemester

Davemester Racer

So I just upgraded to GTEye brake spring, rubber out. (Always better without a rubber :p ).

Definietly reccomend it. Other than all tha things that have been already said here, gaining back the last 25% of the travel range is very nice.

And thx for letting me know that I can swap with unscrewing only two. I was really affraid tajing the whole thing apart.

_Fulgore_, Schnipp and Lewisxbone like this.