1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

GTX 1080 with CV1

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by vegaguy 5555, Nov 28, 2016.

1. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Hi guys.

Just thinking about getting the 1080 but would like to hear from anyone who upgraded first.
    I have the 980 Ti now. Do you think it would be much better in VR?
    Thanks!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC - Crash (GTX 1080/I5 8600K) Sep 18, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality VR Upgrade GTX 1080 to RTX 2080 Super Apr 13, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions VR Upgrade GTX 1080 to RTX 2080 Super Apr 13, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting OUT OF VIDEO MEMORY - crash (GTX 1080 with 8GB) Sep 17, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting FPS drop on gtx1080 amp extreme Jul 13, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Triple 4k screens with a pair of GTX 1080 Nov 3, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Gtx 1080 ti performance issues--oculus rift Oct 27, 2017
    Chit Chat Room GTX 1080ti. Is this GPU good enough to use with the RIFT without losing frames? Apr 19, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Gtx 1080 TI and VR performance Mar 13, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Fps issue with triple monitor and gtx 1080 Jan 26, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Stuttering in Oculus with 1080GTX and 90 FPS Jan 13, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Several graphics problem on GTX 1080 Oct 20, 2016
    Chit Chat Room 2560x1440 or 1920 x 1080 with a GeForce GTX 860M? Sep 10, 2016
    Screens & Videos Triple 1080p GTX970 settings Aug 14, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Can gtx960m support 2560*1080? Jan 29, 2016

3. Yami

Yami Racer

It would be indeed better (actually around 30% difference AFAIK it is huge)
    also both support ASW (Related to Oculus VR a good tech look up on google)
    but it would also be a bad investment.
    if your 980Ti has enough good cooling and you really think it isn't enough for VR (it should be more than enough for AC) overclock it close to 1070 levels, or better do not.

If I were you I would skip this generation of GPUs from Nvidia, we do not know what gonna hit us from AMDs site yet, so I cannot talk about those but they'll not be here till 2017.
    I don't like Nvidia Pascal, it is almost nothng new a little advanced die-shrink version of their older arch if I am not wrong (correct me if I am).
    Such it doesn't even really have some DX12 or Vulkan features built into its hardware rather it mimics through drivers and Pascal probably won't live long enough.

From another standpoint,
    if the price of the GPU is nothing compared to your income, buy it or wait for 1080ti apperantly it'll appear in 2017 January, or buy 1080, sell 1080 by January and buy 1080ti if again $$$.
    This is actually what you are being forced to by the way and prices are sky high because people invest their money into it.

I wouldn't buy it tho neither 1050,1060 or 1070 even if I had the spare money but this is an enthisuastic decision taken according to my own principals about expectations, value and disapointment.
    for an example 1060 3gb being actually not 1060 but the fact it should be labeled as 1050Ti, yet it sells as a 1060 but has lesser cores by laser-cut.

Whatever you do, avoid evga ACX 3.0 versions they are dying slowly because of design mistake.
    See you space cowboy, I wish the best for you.

vegaguy 5555 and Horus like this.
  4. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

What fps do you get in vr now with the 980 Ti?

And what graphics have you got set?

My 980 ti runs vr pretty much maxed settings, the only ones which are not are ones which dont make a real difference on visuals and it runs at 90fps solid.. And there is no describable differences between mine and a friends who run a 1080.

But, i do run a strix oc 980 ti which was one of, if not the fastest version of 980 ti cards you could buy.

ASW only works on win 10.

Id say if your running a solid 90fps and you have most of the options turned up i wouldnt bother upgrading.

vegaguy 5555, jim jones and Horus like this.
  5. Yami

Yami Racer

To add,
    Even my 280x is capable of maxing out the game at 1080p.
    I set Shadow Quality to High and Reflection Quality to Medium, Smoke is normal, no smoke in mirrors and Mirror resolution is Normal.
    Everything else you can find in there can be maxed out, I prefer 2X aa for headroom for FPS drops tho.

I may get a used DK2 or if mine receives ASW CV1 and lower settings a little bit , if ATW stays as only solution on my GPU, I may get a DK2 indeed till I upgrade both VR and GPU and probably CPU etc. would make a new build.

6. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

Dude why bother for a 20% improvement at 65% cost. I'm on a 1070, and I'm at 1.9 pixel density (more value added than the other settings) and can keep 90 Hz with minimum settings (full grid 24 cars) and low reflections (no PP). You are better off as mentioned here to go with a 1080ti if you are really in need and only if it's a 20% improvement over 1080 (or Titan XP).

IMO, at this point in AC VR development cycle all you can really do is throw hardware HP at it and hope the software side will eventually catch up.

A good question would be if, in VR, a 1080ti or Titan XP will max out the game, assuming full grid and preferably 8xAA? Then you'll have to determine if the CPUs can handle the new post Pascal based cards.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

7. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I updated to Windows 10 so I could use ASW. This locks frame rate to 45 which looks good.
    PP off. Mostly because of double imaging. Everything else full excerpt shadows at medium.
    Super sampling 1.7.
    Everything isn't too bad but not as clear in some ways as the DK2. Maybe because the CV1 has more resolution.
    I remember the first HD TV I got and how bad it look on standard stations.

8. hazardic

hazardic Alien

that is not true, ASW does not work on win 7, however it works on win 8-10 as intended

9. AnnieC

AnnieC Gamer

I think that may have to do something with the godrays, they can make the perceived resolution smaller, I noticed that too on my CV1.

10. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

nvm, delete pls

11. Tberg

Tberg Alien

If you already got a 9xx card and a decent pc to run with it, getting 1080 for AC is way too costly compared to the gains.
    First of all, AC will not get much prettier or sharper than it is. The only real gain is you can run 90Hz vs 45ASW with about same settings and ppd.
    True, before ASW, I was sometimes dreaming of what it would be like running a 1080, but now not so much. I will actually probably not upgrade before next gen VR.
    Still, if I was on my old potato pc and looking to buy a new rig, sure I'd get a 10xx rig.

12. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

For me the 980ti oc is just about ok for AC, i run it at 1.4. For some other games i feel i need more power so will definitely get the 1080 ti in January. I use it daily so imo its worth the investment & im not a fan of ASW i think it looks bad. Really it comes down to what you have in spare cash & if you only use AC its probably not worth it.

13. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Also worth noting i plan to get a 4k monitor as well so its pretty essential to have something faster than a 1080.

14. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

???

15. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

1080 Ti 12gigs!!

Man, I remember my first GPU, 512 megabytes. Oh yeah! I was the man.

colombianomd likes this.
  16. Yami

Yami Racer

only for 9999999$$$$ for Founder's Edition (new name for Referance Edition gives +200 $HP)
    We should pray for competition, no matter who brings it up we need someone to do XD

17. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

Yeah expect a price between 1080 and Titan XP. $o it will hurt.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk