1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Horizon 3 , best arcade racer ever ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShimonART, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

It does strain hardware, and with the amount of rendering it should.
    After series of updates I have no issue with 980 (non Ti) at 1440p High Dynamic settings, 60 fps. It's mildly OCed though.

2. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

3. Jason Madigan

Jason Madigan Simracer

I have been lost in this game since the 23rd of September LOL ... OMG soooooo much fun, I forgot what it was like to drive simply for fun doing crazy stuff I did in cars when I was a teenager hahaha :)

4. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

Only my 2 cents, but by the trailer it looks really really arcadish ! ;) Not for me.

5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I finally got around to playing it on friend's Xbox. It looks great and the setting is superb. The handling felt weird to me and is of course unrealistic.

Must be fun levelling and proceeding in the story mode but if you only race it will be boring as hell to me. You just basically take most turns at 300 kph and awkwardly navigate your way through slower ones, mostly on perfectly smooth roads or on the beach and in the shore and with no fear of crash consequences whatsoever ;-)

Once it's very cheap I'll get it for the looks.

6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Oh, as for best arcade racer: Driver SF has a silly story and is repetitive but the car handling is great in it.

7. AmorFati

AmorFati Hardcore Simmer

Game has some potential indeed, but the lack of an manual tranmission was a HUGE no-no to me, played it for 15 minutes and never touched it again until I recently finished the storyline, wich was quite a nice experience.

8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

That's true, I didn't remember that. Most won't touch it I guess but I like to have manual even in arcade games.

Besides that, the way you can drift cars in Driver SF (but can spin out, too) and even pick up proper understeer in other cars gives me a connected feeling with the game pad. Really well done...if these physics and graphics were adapted to Midnight Club 2 including with it's nice recreations of real cities and utterly cliché characters...THAT would be the best arcade racer ever for me :)

AmorFati likes this.
  9. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

10. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

It looks so freaking good...amazing what Turn 10 pulls off on the consoles.
    But the bubble got burst when I played the base demo - the physics are so shallow, it's really unrewarding and no motivation to me, personally. I don't need to go through every town or back road at 250 kph - this game just throws high speed at you, all the time. I enjoy realistic technical driving but in this title it's more like "beat the game" sort of driving.
    If only some dev made a realistic open world racer :rolleyes:

11. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

Did anyone get the expansion? I want to hear reports of performance before I buy it this time.

12. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

One word, breathtaking. :)
    And looks like there was another performance improvement as well.

13. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

What performance?
    Fired this game after months of not playing and it still horrible and crashed after 20 minutes.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

LeDude83 likes this.
  14. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

I was hoping this would be an extension to the existing map, so you could drive between all locations. However the youtube clip I saw had the car carried to the mountain under a helicopter which suggests it's completely separate.

Which one is it?

15. yusupov

yusupov Alien

its separate. i had more fun with NFS 2015s live action video shenanigans, & it looked a helluva lot nicer. handling is probably pretty close; i was definitely a lot better at NFS than i am this, but theres only one AWD car in the entire game. this is mega-content overload...if you want to spend $120 to kill time in a free-roam car game with a lot of meaningless stuff to do, id recommend it.

16. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

I haven't noticed a single hiccup after yesterday's upgrade (1440p, 60fps, High preset) even when rallying in a heavy blizzard. Usually particles are big performance killer.
    So yes, it was a noticeable improvement on my system.

17. Just bought the Ultimate Edition and Blizzard Expansion; looking forward to playing in the snow tonight.

18. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

I think you have to advance in the career before you unlock the snowy bit.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  19. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Not sure about that, worked off the bat for me, but maybe my kid playing it advanced already. :)
    Activation was weird, you drive to Blizzard Mountain point on map, than you need to "activate" DLC. Login dialog pops up and asks for MS credentials, took me a couple of tries until I realized that I need to use mouse to click Login button, "A" on controller just kicks you back. After that it takes you to windows store and starts downloading.

20. yusupov

yusupov Alien

already kind of bored of this game, does anyone have any recommended cars/tunes? eg i liked the regera initially, as its a novelty, w/ all the HP to rears and one gear (no transmission? not sure what the correct terminology is)