1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How about a ultrawide monitor plus Trackir?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by tomferraren, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

The X34 doesn't support 3D vision (120 hz min) so it's not an option for me although it looks really nice.
    Even if I would get a super expensive super resolution super size monitor for FREE I wouldn't use it if it can only display a flat 2D picture! :D:rolleyes:

2. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Sleeper Service likes this.
  3. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

Cheers for the link but I have already checked through edtrackers' site and seen all the stuff on connecting via Opentrack.

Just got to find something else to attach it to my head as it's not being stuck to the Sennheisers and I much prefer the sound stage I have anyway :D. (Headphones are only for when the neighbours are in ;) ). I'm more interested in how it goes with triples and whether it's just going to be overkill. I do run the triples at a little more than the "recommended" FOV (Not even going to get into that discussion again, remember folks, it's your game - you do whatever feels right for you) so it might allow me to make some changes there.

Hopefully be giving it a shot at the weekend.

4. TTM

TTM Alien

After last saturday i would say that forgot trackir and keep your old monitor. :) Buy Oculus rift when it's released. I tested Oculus rift dk2 last saturday and experience was something a like 10 x wow. Ultrawide monitor with trackir won't give samekind experience what you can achieve with Oculus.. :)

Cote Dazur, pika4u and Andrew_WOT like this.
  5. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Saw the demo vid, but it appears very similar to the Real head motion app?

- Tapatalk (SixP_v5)

6. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Essentially, yes, except mapped to your head movement instead of the steering wheel.

sherpa25 likes this.
  7. Sleeper Service

True... but, as I said, edtracker has been bought mainly for Elite AND it's 45 quid as opposed to whatever the VR systems are going to be. I tried out a simple VR setup with a mates iPhone6 and some ungainly plastic mask a while back and whilst the initial reaction is "Ooh that's quite interesting" after a while it's "Mmmmkay.. it's got a way to go yet" (purely personal opinion ;) ) The major trade off for me in using a motion tracker is that it's an un-natural combination of movement. With VR the view is where you are looking, with screens and tracker the view is still in front of you so as you move you're head you're eyes have to stay on the screen. We'll see, like I said, it's more an experiment than anything else.

As AC is not set up to directly take the input of a tracker then you need an interface to translate the tracker output and apply to the Look L/R/U/D functions in game. That's what Opentrack does. Basically you are telling Opentrack that the edtracker is a joystick that you can map. You can also set up deadzones and curves to get the movement that suits you.

VR will be the way to go, no doubt about that if you can afford it now. It's not an option for me currently and edtracker is a cheap alternative way to get some further immersion. Now that they have also included a magnetometer there's apparently no problems with drift either.

8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

got quite interested in ordering a edtracker. question to you guys already having one, was it hard to set it up?

9. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

I agree with you, but you can't consider this solution cheaper if you don't own a good monitor yet, with cost as the new upcoming oculus rift. Not to mention a triple setup. With the money for 3 gsync monitor you could buy 3 oculus.
    Are you sure it's the cheaper solution? You will have more res, but less immersion/functionality, so…

Anyway, if you already have a decent monitor it's a damn great solution and let me say, i used trackir for a year and loved it!

10. Sleeper Service

Mine has yet to arrive but it is imminent. The video above suggests that it's a painless operation to set up. Elite will use it straight off and picks up the device without needing any interface.

I have a decent monitor and gpu setup (and the option to got to a 48" 4K TV if needed) Having spent a fortune putting that lot together fairly recently the edtracker is a cheap alternative... for me ;)

By the time I'm ready to invest in VR we'll probably have the first iterations of holodecks and we'll be pondering the question of whether you run with the safety protocols on or off :D

pika4u likes this.
  11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Would be much appreciated if you could start a thread and do a little review about it here on the forum when you have got it and have it setup correctly. What im most curious about is how it will run with AC and how easy/hard it was to set it up as you wanted.

sherpa25 and pika4u like this.
  12. Sleeper Service

Sure... no probs.

sherpa25 and kofotsjanne like this.
  13. kikie

kikie Simracer

Ultra wide <> triple monitor <> Oculus. >>> My dilemma.

* I'm still deciding what I should do. The problem I have with the Oculus Rift is that you can't see your keyboard, mouse, steering wheel etc... .

* Ultra wide monitor is still very expensive for the little bit of FOV you gain but I really like these monitors.

* Triple monitor setup is expensive as well. As I like the eye candy of AC, I probably need a better graphics card, three bigger monitors than the 24" I have right now. I think that three 24" monitors will not give me the FOV I want.

Solution

Getting this instead and enjoy myself. :D

[​IMG]

pika4u and kofotsjanne like this.
  14. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Besides the price, wouldn't TrackIR be advantageous. List of supported out of the box game is much larger. With EDTracker it's just what, 5 games?

15. Sleeper Service

I think, strictly speaking, edtracker does not support any game out of the box. It was originally put together for Elite: Dangerous as an alternative to other systems such as TrackIR. As I commented earlier though, using the device in conjunction with Opentrack allows you to use it in any game with Look buttons. A quick check on Youtube will show you it being used in many games including Dirt Rally, iRacing, RFactor, Prepar3d, DCS, ArmaIII, Star Citizen etc....

They don't make any claims that they support any games. The list on the site contains guides where users have successfully used edtracker in conjunction with Opentrack and, intrinsically, if the game has buttons you can map to simulate head movement then you can use this to map to those buttons and adjust the way the camera moves either with a linear translation or a manually customizable curve (much like you can adjust brake gamma in AC if you don't have a load-cell brake). As far as I can tell, Opentrack can take the input from edtracker and "emulates" various other software.

As I mentioned earlier, when it arrives and I put it together I'll start a thread on my experience with it for AC. It is more of an experiment for me as I already run triples and I'm unsure whether it will be overkill in this situation but that's part of the evaluation process.

There is a wireless version in the works as well.

EDIT: Please note I am not affiliated with edtracker in any way and I'm not trying to talk anyone into buying it :D

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    sherpa25, Andrew_WOT and kofotsjanne like this.
  16. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

An alternative that might be very interesting is going with the Sony VR, now that we know the price and probable availability date has been released.
    Even if you dont have a PS4 yet, it will probably be the least expensive way to enjoy Assetto Corsa in VR.
    With the advantage for some, like me, that it will be easy to travel and play almost anywhere were there is a table and a chair.

pika4u likes this.
  17. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

18. Sleeper Service

That looks good too, seems it has more DoF as well. The guy in the Elite video was moving towards the screen to show changes in depth, edtracker won't do this as it's 3 DoF only. Price is similar, looks like a viable option.

19. ZethGAF

ZethGAF Simracer

I drool over this thing regularly. I'd get one if I hadn't already started investing in VR hardware. Also it's the price of several high end monitors.

20. Sleeper Service

@kofotsjanne It arrived today (No wonder our Royal Mail is struggling against the competition - 1st class mail, 4 days to get here o_O ) I'm busy watching football results and MotoGP quali so it'll probably get installed tomorrow. Will start a thread on the experiences once it's hooked up.

sherpa25 and MAUZERIS[LT] like this.