1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I remember F1

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by bgil66, Mar 21, 2018.

1. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Since the new F1 season is starting tmrw I am remembering being at the F1 USGP in 2003[was there 2000 thru 2007], when F1 sounded amazing and the cars looked amazing. I also remember during those past seasons always setting my alarm clock for early coverage. Seeing Schumi and Rubens and the total atmosphere of F1 was great. Now in my opinion it doesn't interest me anymore as they look and sound rediculous. I respect the drivers and teams but the powers that be really need to stop changing what is supposed to be the pinnacle of motorsport. The engine is now called a power unit for crying out loud. And the new halo makes the car look like a flip-flop.[​IMG]

AvGas, Glaurung, Jebus and 1 other person like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Been away for a while - Colours do not seem as vibrant as I remember them? Dec 12, 2022
    ACC User Interface Can Pit MFD remember PSI changes for next auto selection tyre set? Nov 30, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Steam automatically launch in SteamVR mode/remember launch choice? Apr 29, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals 1.0.10 ACC won't remember my control settings Oct 13, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Why doesn't the performance delta remember the best lap? Mar 8, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room [Special Event] Remembering Ayrton Senna Jan 5, 2019
    ACC User Interface Make game remember last loaded setup Sep 17, 2018
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap #82 - A day to remember May 28, 2018
    Suggestions Remember favourite setups Jul 4, 2017
    Chit Chat Room WRC 2017, remember group B? Jan 29, 2017
    Chit Chat Room REMEMBER to clean you computer coolers and check thermal paste every now and then!! Aug 28, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues BMW E92 Drift not remembering Brake balance setting when session restarts Jul 13, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Profile not "remembering" Dec 30, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Remember to turn off ca guys :-) Dec 16, 2015
    Chit Chat Room I don't remember. show live-classification stripe. Mar 16, 2015

3. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

I was at that race, probably sitting pretty close to where that photo was taken too. :)

bgil66 likes this.
  4. Turk

Turk Alien

Part of the problem is that we're too good at making stuff these days. Back in the day they were developing new technology, while there is new discoveries all the time they are usually at a material level. Their innovation is at a micro level that we can't see. If a company like Ferrari or Mercedes made a car that made full use of everything we know it would probably be undrivable for a human because their minds couldn't keep up and their bodies couldn't deal with the forces.

I don't really know how they fix that, I'm also not totally convinced it's not us that's the problem, we're just turning into old fogies that don't like the new things.

I think they need to start looking at removing down force though. Downforce is the reason they can't over take, it's the reason they can't go faster (because failure in a corner could be fatal), and it's the reason the cars look weird.

5. Stepy

Stepy Racer

Couldn`t have said it better myself, started watching in 96 and stopped last year. I just realised there was more things i hated about f1 than i liked. (ugly looking cars, hoover sounding engines, classic tracks destoyed Hockenheim, sliverstone, nurburgring etc. no refueling, drs, meaningless 50 place grid penalty or some bullsh!t and now halo) it doesn't interest me anymore as well... gimme those earth-shattering v 10`s.

bgil66 likes this.
  6. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Agreed. Plus they make them too reliable. Back in the day even if someone had nearly a lap lead on the rest of the field there was still the suspense that they could suffer some random failure that would turn the race on its head. That rarely happens anymore (and not just in F1).

Well, maybe, but the fact that the season opening IndyCar race (featuring new bodywork that removed a lot of topside aero and put things back in the drivers hands) was so exciting would tend to suggest that the F1 cars are more the problem than the old fogey fans. For me a big part of the draw towards motorsports was about watching the drivers control something that was out of control and was trying to destroy them at any given opportunity. You don't really get that in modern F1, the cars look effortless to drive (even though they aren't) and rarely do the drivers look like they're taming an out of control beast. Combine that with the nearly comprehensive lack of on-track overtaking at the front of the field and it just makes for a dull experience.

That being said, F1 is still my favorite and probably always will be. I know, I can't explain it either.

7. +1

8. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

Downforce is a predominant thing in F1 since half a century, and we can't say that back in early 90, the beginning of Schumacher's era, F1 was as it's now.
    The involution has begun with the introduction of electronics, that has shifted the balance more from driving to managing.
    This F1 is to all about manage tyres, manage batteries, manage fuel, manage oil burn, manage engine, manage ERS deployment, etc.
    It's a point where without software and electronics aids the drivers are unable to handle those complex, and expensive, machines.
    They should literally ban all the electronics and let the drivers drive alone, then the natural evolution would be to step back to much simpler, not necessarily slower and less technological, cars, more accessibility to new factories, and less predictability of the races.

Jebus and Stepy like this.