1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Remember to turn off ca guys :-)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by acespizee, Dec 16, 2015.

1. acespizee

acespizee Gamer

Remember to turn off your Chromatic Aberration guys after every update ;-)

System-config-pp filters-Chromatic=0

;)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Been away for a while - Colours do not seem as vibrant as I remember them? Dec 12, 2022
    ACC User Interface Can Pit MFD remember PSI changes for next auto selection tyre set? Nov 30, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Steam automatically launch in SteamVR mode/remember launch choice? Apr 29, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals 1.0.10 ACC won't remember my control settings Oct 13, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Why doesn't the performance delta remember the best lap? Mar 8, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room [Special Event] Remembering Ayrton Senna Jan 5, 2019
    ACC User Interface Make game remember last loaded setup Sep 17, 2018
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap #82 - A day to remember May 28, 2018
    Chit Chat Room I remember F1 Mar 21, 2018
    Suggestions Remember favourite setups Jul 4, 2017
    Chit Chat Room WRC 2017, remember group B? Jan 29, 2017
    Chit Chat Room REMEMBER to clean you computer coolers and check thermal paste every now and then!! Aug 28, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues BMW E92 Drift not remembering Brake balance setting when session restarts Jul 13, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Profile not "remembering" Dec 30, 2015
    Chit Chat Room I don't remember. show live-classification stripe. Mar 16, 2015

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

thanks for the reminder. still dont understand what CA is a thing in modern games, why on earth would you want it to look worse

OFFIS, Cefa, Nahkamarakatti and 2 others like this.
  4. Can u explaine why?

5. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

The factory tint setting is always too high.

6. acespizee

acespizee Gamer

Makes the game look 1000x worse with it enabled. :)

7. Ok...I dont know its on or off but my ac look fine.

8. zamex23

zamex23 Simracer

Any picture comparison?

9. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

happy with way it is

10. A.r.e.s.

A.r.e.s. Hardcore Simmer

actually just noticed CA for the first time in AC with this update.

11. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

I like it, it takes a bit of the CG curse out of it, if it's done right you barely notice it
    it still shows up in showroom, but I think I did reduce it so that the channel separation isn't as big,

[​IMG]

I don't seem to be able to see it in game though, unless if shows only in replays

12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Chromatic abberation is an effect that emulates an imperfect camera lens, something you don't really want in actual photography but something that more and more game developers use for "artistic effect", very noticeable in GTA V or Assassin's Creed games. In my opinion it makes the image a blurry mess and has no place in any game that wants to achieve a realistic look, especially not a simulator. In all of Kunos' screenshots you can see how the cars are just blurry and never really in focus, same with many screenshots in the screenshot thread, because all the stock pp effects have it enabled. In all reality you achieve better results at giving the image depth with proper post processing settings and good depth of field.

Andrew_WOT and Koen like this.
  13. mrk1001

mrk1001 Gamer

I don't like it in other games but I think looks fine in AC.

14. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

the key is to keep it subtle,

it simulates imperfect camera lens, which you don't want - I agree - but you HAVE IT, becasue lenses are not perfect, therefore the image from such game looks more similar to those from photos, and that's what sometimes you want - make it look photo-realistic, .. not necessary how you see it with your eyes

some people like it, others don't
    you can turn it off, but I'm glad AC has it, becasue I like it

mrk1001 likes this.
  15. Really?? This is an RACING Simulator Not an photographic Simulator,

Some guys talking about issues that u dont See White driving a race...

16. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

I'd like to have your problems
    you enjoy the game your way, I enjoy it mine ;)

Hangon, Louizf, kofotsjanne and 5 others like this.
  17. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

You don't have it in any of the driving cameras, it's only in the replay and onboard cameras. Replays are not a man flying through the air following the cars, they're done with a camera. Onboard cameras are not a man stuffed in the air vent. To me simulating a camera for a trackside or onboard camera is correct.
    Isn't that kind of like saying "why on earth would you want it to drive worse"? If it drives worse, then simulate it driving worse. If cameras do this in real life, then simulate it in the simulator.

18. Are you IN there or driving through camera lens?

19. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Thanks but I can't seem to find it inthere?:oops:

system-cfg-ppfilters?

I'm looking in the wrong place. Probably in Documents/Assetto Corsa?

*feeling like a n00b*

Cheers
    Robin

esox71 likes this.
  20. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

No I'm not flying through the sky in the trackside/reply camera, no I'm not stuffed into an air vent looking at the driver and no I'm not sitting on top of the car looking backwards.

nanucq likes this.
  21. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

No no, you had it right. Go to your assetto corsa folder with all the game files in it. Go to the system folder, then cfg folder, then ppfilters folder. In there, you will see every pp filter you can use. You then need to open each one and scroll halfway down to the 'chromatic aberration' section and where it says "enabled=1"... delete the "1" and replace it with "0".

This should turn it off so the feature isnt used. :)

acespizee and Robin_NL like this.