1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Remember to turn off ca guys :-)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by acespizee, Dec 16, 2015.

1. zaratul

zaratul Hardcore Simmer

Really, thanks!! With this tip added to the changelog, 1.4 seems much better :p:D

acespizee likes this.
  2. esox71

esox71 Alien

I'm the same dude, and I bet a lot of others, your not alone. :D

Robin_NL likes this.
  3. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

You have to open the pp-filter-files you want to edit. Inside the files you have to search for the term [CHROMATIC_ABERRATION].

Edit: There is no general "chromatic aberration"-file that alters the values in every pp-filter-file. You have to edit it for every single pp-set yourself.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  4. magzire

magzire Alien

I have PP off so it won't affect me?

5. It won't affect you then.

magzire likes this.
  6. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

So I turned ca off (@nate thanks again) in default and in S1 evolution.(The only 2 AC PP filters I normally use) but in driving/replays there doesn't seem to be much difference? Only in showroom?

Cheers
    Robin

VinceSchulz likes this.
  7. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

You do see CA when your visor is down on your helmet, combined with a heavily pitted and scratched windshield. It can be pretty frustrating at times in RL... And why you see so many racers with their visors mostly up. I always where sun glasses under my helmet when I race.

Kunos use of dynamic HDR is clearly meant to simulate the sun and it's visual representation based on the players position to the sun. It's just that Kunos use it over the whole scene, not selectively on a per object bases like other games do. It's a lot of work but also saves a lot of performance if they fine tuned it.

Sim devs are just very literal, and that doesn't work so well in a 2D digital representation. I'm pretty certain they know, but it's a big investment to get right.

8. SimDrive

SimDrive Simracer

Thank you for the tip!

acespizee likes this.
  9. =TK=

=TK= Gamer

Thank you!!! I am always previously gone without pp, because these blur bothered me.
    :D:)

acespizee likes this.
  10. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

With it on Countach looked like it was plasticky

11. Louizf

Louizf Racer

I didn't know this effect existed until I turned it off and realized that I actually like it. :D

acespizee likes this.
  12. Neilski

Neilski Alien

I just came across this thread for the first time and was kinda puzzled to see that CA is still turned on in the pp INI files I looked at.

I haven't actually noticed any CA on my screen (PP is turned on) but will do some playing about.
    Main question: does it have a noticeable impact on FPS?

The only sensible reason I can think of for AC to model CA is for correcting the CA within VR headsets :D