1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

i5-4440 quad @3.10 or AMD FX 8350 octa @4.00?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by KeithEsenkoola, Jun 12, 2016.

1. BTW the render time for this image dropped to an astounding extent with the 8350, I'm more than happy about the upgrade!
    [​IMG]

2. ACgt1

ACgt1 Racer

Well, that was quick upgrade, enjoy! After that horrible gtx1070 pricing I'm waiting for AMD RX480 and hope that I finally upgrade my obsolete GPU.

Protoduct likes this.
  3. Had to finish a job on a tight schedule and the Mac was dying, there was not a day more to waste thinking about what was the best choice, but I'm satisfied with what I've bought.
    When Polaris will be out I will consider upgrading.

4. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

@KeithEsenkoola Im a CG guy myself (on and off for 20 years) If i may ask.. What was the render time for the above image. And what sort of settings did you use ? Res, AA setting, did you use regular lights or Radiosity lights (GI)

Oh .. and what app are you using.. Oh hang you you already said (looks back 1 page) Maya (the Big brother to 3dsMax). ok, don't use it myself (My weapon of choice is Lightwave 3d) But i know about Maya enough and what it can do..

This is probably my fav renders ive ever done.. http://imgur.com/a/gEz1x As you will see in the wireframe, everything apart from the tree image in the background is 100% cg.

5. Doc-H

Doc-H Gamer

AMD processors operate, under load, at pitiful temps. Liquid cooling and such could reduce this, but who has time.

I would recommend Intel, and maybe purchase a used 980 or better. Overclocking this processor will inevitably cook it, or worse, your MB. Looking into a new build myself, Intel and a used high end Nvidia GPU.

Directx 12 will give some performance gains if you have Windows 10. Not too sure about Polaris and Zen, have to do some reading.

Good Luck!

6. People actually managed to run this cpu easily @4.6ghz on air cooling, an Evo212 should be enough to keep it from burning down, no need for water cooling. :)
    As for Nvidia, I'm a Ati guy since the days when there was only the Rage Pro, not a fanboy, I just somehow liked em more.
    Polaris seems to be delivering high power for very little money, while Zen in the new Amd cpu architecture, none of them is a real world product right now, so everything is chatter about it for the time being. We'll see when they're out.

7. Love the Scalextrix render, is dof added in post or via camera lens in Max?
    About your questions, I'll try to answer to what I remember now, because I'm going to work and the PC I render the image is at home for gaming and freelance stuff.
    Outside lights come from an hdri image that serves as background as well, interior lighting comes from six not visible vray point lights, while the glare is generated by the bulb geometry with a vray light material assigned.
    Render settings are medium/high at 1920*1080 but I can't be more precise atm. I will have to look at the log for the actual render time, since I just fired the render, watched the lighting prepass go and left when the actual render started.
    (Sorry if there are some mistakes but I'm not English mother tongue and long posts are always at risk!) :)

8. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

Dof was done via camera in the app (which was lightwave, not Max :) ) But Lightwaves dof always looks a little grainy, so i had to render at double the res i wanted with crazy amounts of antialiasing (i think it was something like 26 passes + a soft filter)
    So when i scaled the images back down most of that grain would be removed. The renders took about 1.5 hours each..

9. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

If you play Assetto alone, NV is for now the better choice. FX CPU i wouldnt buy too, but AMD Zen in Q4 2016 is maybe on the right way..
    If you play other games its open to your liking.
    DX12/Vulkan only helps strongly AMD and NV Pascal.
    Maxwell/Kepler loose Performance - their architectur cant handle it, but this should be known.

And i would never buy a GTX980 now, Nano is better choice for futureproof.
    Both cards are mostly same fast, but Nano has HBM, GTX has GDDR.
    Nano can handle all games which require more than 4 gb vram due hbm, 980 cant handle it. Price of both cards is close.. or u buy new cards (RX480 or GTX1070).

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk