1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I5 VS i7 ACC VR

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Kalamede, Feb 16, 2019.

1. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Good hint for this thread. I have high hopes in that optimization. At the moment, the AI rendering takes a CPU toll much, much higher than the AI physics. I hope they are tackling that issue. Our CPUs will all be able to cope much better with ACC, then and many upgrade plans will become unnecessary.

2. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

LeDude83 likes this.
  3. HGF

HGF Rookie

Ryzen 2600 or i5 9400f for best performance?

4. Serge M

Serge M Alien

5. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

For what it's worth without supplying benchmarks - here is what you can expect from the system in my sig:

- my system is completely limited by the single NVIDIA GPU (mildly overclocked Asus 1080Ti) - the GPU is almost constantly above ~85% load, often at 99% load
    - none of the CPU cores (N O N E) has ever a load above ~30% - this CPU is absolutely lounging on the deck with cocktails in hand

READ: you likely see a nice bump in performance when upgrading your GPU vs your CPU (if your RAM is of the same speed as mine that is

Here is a few more specs they may be of help.

With this system I have with mixed graphics settings in ACC (a couple key setting at epic and a mix of high and medium settings while I keep a couple of key settings at lowest (like volumetric particles which seems somehow REALLY a performance killer).
    There are some settings I just cannot live without on Epic (like shadows or mirror settings) and others I don't care much about (like foliage) and others I would never ever set any lower than max (like textures and visibility distances).

I run triple screens 1080 @60Hz and get currently (v1.0.6) always nice, smooth frames above 60FPS (~70 - 80 FPS).
    I run 1.20x upsampling and 0.6 Panini PP (because of triple) which is a REAL performance killer.

With the CPU I am running, ACC is clearly limited by the GPU (and it really isn't a slow GPU either).
    You want the absolute best GPU you can get your hands on with ACC if running VR or high res 2D (4K+ or triple screens of any kind).

Attached Files:

Kalamede likes this.
  6. McGraw

McGraw Racer

No, RAM specs are for double data rate. 2133 is 1066x2.

7. HGF

HGF Rookie

RX 580 8 gb o GTX 1060 6 gb