1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is there any demo ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Peter 222, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Peter 222

Peter 222 Rookie

Hi , i would like to test the game before i buy it. Is there any demo or will there ever be some ?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions This game needs a demo. Jul 24, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Assetto Corsa Competizione demo? Dec 31, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Demoted from Gold to Bronze without losing rating Jun 7, 2019
    Screens & Videos tactile feedback / bass shaker via Shake It. tutorial and demo here Feb 7, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Where do I post to ask for permission to use assetto corsa for demo? May 6, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Demo Scene? Mar 11, 2018
    Screens & Videos Real Head Motion Demonstration / 488 GT3 @ Nords Aug 4, 2016
    Screens & Videos Small demonstration of GlovePIE voice activation for MGU-K profiles Jul 28, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Sebestian Rally demo Jan 24, 2016
    3D car models F1sr ferrari f248 public beta 2 demo 19/09/15 Aug 13, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Could ac do with a demo? May 8, 2015
    Screens & Videos Channel for demonstrating mods Nov 26, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Special Event "Demon on Wheels" with the BMW Z4 GT3 at Imola Mar 16, 2014
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Replace special characters; getDriverName workaround (demo, incomplete) Mar 5, 2014
    3D car models Full Throttle Blue Demon Ferrari 458 Feb 11, 2014

3. Pretty sure it has been said that a demo will be out once the game is released. The game is currently in Early Access and is not completed. Completed game and demo should be out sometime this Spring IIRC.

4. Simon Roberts

Simon Roberts Simracer

Hello,

Yes there will be a demo, but not until after version 1.0 comes out, we are currently in Early Access, which is basically beta testing and bug fixing at the moment, you can buy at a discounted rate at the moment though and get the first set of DLC for free when released with 1.0.

5. Enzo Martin

Enzo Martin Racer

Sorry, I don't know any demo, but you can watch youtube videos about.

6. phil

phil Alien

Buy it ....................Trust the community.............The best ever done !!!!!

top game.JPG

Enzo Martin likes this.
  7. Peter 222

Peter 222 Rookie

Well , the thing is that i have played this game but in first early acces version with my friend.There was one thing i didnt like about the game. It was the fact that you couldnt do tirespin at 1st gear , like some TC was limiting you always even if you turned it off at settings and in car. I cant contact him now , i lost contact of him therefore , i dont know if this issue is fixed. Game was pretty good so i am still thinking about buying it. Is that small thing fixed already in those new updates ?

8. Simon Roberts

Simon Roberts Simracer

You can spin the tyres all you want :D

9. L1NKIN-P4RK

L1NKIN-P4RK Rookie

Yes but do you play a race simulation only in order to do tirespin. In my opinion, there's no interest to do this. Ok, it would be better for some people do have this opportunity but that's not my case

10. I would tell you to go ahead and buy it because for me this is the sim I have been waiting and wanting for 20+ years...however, I am a hardcore simmer with wheel, nice pedals, etc...if you are looking for Forza on pc this could be hit or miss for you and you might wait for demo

phil and Simon Roberts like this.
  11. Peter 222

Peter 222 Rookie

No , i am not waiting for Forza on pc. And the tirespin question was because i dont want to be limited by some stupid hidden TC or whatever it was. When i compared it to R-factor , it was little bit different , most importantly , i couldnt drift because there was some hidden TC limiting the power of the engine when i hammered the throttle always. Hope its gone.

12. What car were you using? I'm not a very good drifter but I will go test real quick

13. Simon Roberts

Simon Roberts Simracer

It will of been the Elise at Magione in the TP.

14. Will the elise spin the tires? LOL

15. Elise has a hard time spinning the tires off the line. it's doable but it doesn't like it

phil likes this.
  16. Peter 222

Peter 222 Rookie

I was trying M3 back then , and M3 has more power than needed for burnouts and drifting based only on throttle. When i was going around the corner and hammered throttle in M3 , nothing happened , car was lacking in power like some golf GTI. I personally have bmw 6 with 286 hsp and i know what it does when i hit the throttle 100% when going around the corner. M3 with 400 hsp should be undriveable when hitting 100% throttle. In Asseto earliest version , nothing like that happened.

17. antz360

antz360 Gamer

where'd you get the player stats from?

18. If you know the track and corner I will test for you...I know the M3 will break traction (I have ended up facing the wrong way many times) but whether it will break the tires loose on a track at a certain speed is not always a given. What your car will do on a public road is not the same as what will happen on a racetrack (especially a race track that always has optimum grip which is what AC has right now). There is a big debate on whether AC has too much grip or not so if you want a sim car that is constantly sliding and jumping out from under you it might be best to wait for a proper demo. Hard to say.

What condition would you like the M3 tested in: How fast around how tight of a corner in what gear do you expect the car to lose traction if I floor it?

19. Pete Jones

Pete Jones Gamer

To be honest there are several cars in this sim that will spin, drift or whatever else you want them to do. Sure you may need to play around with the settings etc but thats part of the fun. I know for certain that you will be able to drift in a few cars. I don't believe you would regret buying it as long as you remain aware that it's a work in progress with far more quality to come. Enjoy :)

Oh and by the way, I too was a sceptic looking for a demo of this before I took the plunge and bought it. Never looked back since - it's simply fantastic!

20. At Magione in every turn other than the high speed sweeper at end of backstretch the M3 had no problem breaking traction and kicking the rear end out. Not sure if your friend had any of the assist on because I don't think much has changed with the car from v0.1 to now.
    1st gear will break tires loose any time any where
    2nd gear will break them loose if you stomp on it in middle of corner
    3rd gear you have to make them break loose (turn in very sharply and suddenly while punching the gas)

21. phil

phil Alien